Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'C.1K'.
Found 2 results
RAM Models is to release on February 29th, 2016, 1/72nd Vickers VC-10 C.1/C.1K vacuform kits. Source: http://www.rammodels.co.uk/index.php/cPath/65 V.P.
Just made a start on this kit, I did intend to build one for the group build but I ran out of time! The kit looks very nice and looks like it will be a lot less work than the C-17! The main problem with this kit is that despite what it says on the box, it's not a K.2! It is a mix of K.2 and C.1K. Although this kit will be built as a C.1K (XR808), I will point out along the way, the alterations needed for each version and the corrections needed for both. It never ceases to amaze me how Anigrand managed to cram such large aircraft kits into relatively tiny boxes! The kit appears to be based on the A A P Lloyd drawings and matches them very closely...... ..until you get to the nose and cockpit section! The resin is quite thick and very well moulded with only a couple of small air bubbles to fill on my example. There are large locating lugs that will aid positioning and strengthen the joints. The following is a correction needed for both versions. I made a start on the cockpit, it's not too difficult to correct, the outline looks accurate and only requiring a couple of cuts and a small amount of filling and filing. The section above the cut line was removed and raised to match the plans. The cockpit interior acted as a support for the upper section and aided the filling of the resulting gap in the nose section. With the upper nose section raised, the cockpit windows are now at the correct height but the line is wrong. To get the window line right and the roof outline correct, I removed the shaded areas The result is a much better outline and cockpit window position. The fuselage has been positioned off the drawing to compare with the outline. With the exception of extra detail work, as it stands, the fuselage is now correct for a K.2 More to follow tomorrow!