Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'C-133'.
I wasn't really expecting to start another build in this GB - I have something to be getting on with in the Nordic GB that I must get cracking on. I just got the C-133 out of the stash because I wanted to measure the engines for another project. And here I am starting a WIP thread for it. Just can't help myself! Here are the sprues: There's quite a lot of plastic here. I might just be able to squeeze it in before the end of the GB, but if not I can carry straight on with it and finish it in the KUTA GB. I'll be using one of the options in the Caracal sheet, but not sure which one yet. The instructions tell you to build the front and rear parts of the fuselage separately and join them later, but experience tells me that's not a good idea. Instead I've assembled the two fuselage halves like so: As the Caracal sheet includes decals for the cockpit windows I'm not going to bother with the interior. So I've added some nose weight (two Singaporean 20 cent pieces and two British 20p's) and joined the fuselage halves together. Cutting off the locating pins and doing it vacform-style helped with alignment, but plenty of clean-up will still be needed: more soon Julian
Roden is to release a 1/144th Douglas C-133A Cargomaster kit - ref.333 Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/greenmats/permalink/2123463997713131/ Box art V.P.