Search the Community
Showing results for tags '1/80'.
Hi all, here is the final reveal for the TB Mole vehicle. I made the base from an old diecast model floor, and covered it in some cork. I found some styrene rock base from a submarine kit I had not used and covered the remainder of the area in body filler and dusted some Citadel dead grass over whilst it was still curing. Then I padded it down with some kitchen foil. This gave a convincing ground effect, I finished it off with a bit of shading and dry brushed the stones with AK dust effect enamel wash. Flory pigments were brush over the ground and lock in place with Hataka Matt clear. For the
Hi all, well, there is not much to this kit that's for sure, not one scrap of styrene in it. The corkscrew nosecone and Mole tube body are made from expanded polystyrene covered in a thin grey resin primer. The seam on the screw was pretty awful but I tidied it up with some 5-minute epoxy and careful sanding. Hopefully the weathering will hide most of it. The cast white metal parts are quite crisp; the wheels are made from some hard nylon plastic. There are some inaccuracies in this kit, most notably the side rails where the yellow Mole body sits. The rail should be flat but has this rais