Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Lee Chambers

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,053 Excellent

About Lee Chambers

  • Rank
    Established Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    West Midlands

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Thank you for the kind words ,it's very much appreciated,i had a GT750J in candy jackel blue it was a ground up restoration back in 1990,it won best Japanese at Stafford show in 91,i sold it later as i had a NSU 250 Supermax to play with,i would love to see a "kettle" in kit form,seen the odd diecast one,however i do have a very nice 1/12 Suzuki GT380 to build later this year. I am having a break from building model bikes at the moment as i am restoring a 1982 CBX 1000 just got it running last weekend after owning it for 2yrs,i rebuilt the carbs and it is running superb,should be finished in the next month or so,sadly it will be sold off as i don't ride anymore. However i may take it for it's mot just to experience a 6 cylinder 24 valve beastie ! I have a new model project that's about to be posted in real space section,it something which should look great when it's completed,so watch out for the updates.
  2. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Cheers Kev !
  3. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Thank you for the kind words and another great trip down biking memory lane,i will have more great 70's bike builds coming up in the future.
  4. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Cheers ! Thank you !
  5. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Thanks for your recount of a slightly scary trip down memory lane,your KH sounds like a real animal,i have never ridden one but have resprayed a purple and red one in the past,the red one had covered only 3k,and was very original,i also painted a green one,the guy had it from new.at my age 56,i don't think my body could take up the challenge of riding one of these beasties,but i loved building the model.
  6. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Yes spokes are always the ones that catch you out bugger !! LOL.
  7. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Thanks Ian,i have a Suzuki GT380 Sebring 1/12 to build hopefully later this year,but next week i will be building something very different based on a well known true event and movie.......watch this space !
  8. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Hi everyone, my build is now completed, you can see the final reveal in the link below.
  9. Hi all, this is the final reveal of the 1972 Kawasaki 750 H2. This was the most powerful and unpredictable bike to own in that era and carved out a reputation for itself as a bit of a Hooligan. To emphasize the character of the bike I decided to ditch the centre stand, as any hard rider would find it a limitation in the ground clearance. Also I have scraped the chrome on the underside of the exhausts, which was a common occurrence when leaning this bike over into bends. As a final detail I wanted to show the oil tank gauge indicator which was basically a clear tube that exited and entered the oil tank and was visible through the slot at the rear of the right hand side panel to make the clear tube look in scale. I used a piece of fibre optic strand and looped it round and fixed it into the side panel and then with a little dab of red paint, gave the impression of oil in the tube. A small detail but accurate nonetheless. In the hands of an experienced rider, the Mach 750 H2 was the fastest production bike in the world, but with someone less skilled on board, it was an accident waiting to happen. It earned its nickname 'the widow maker' all too often. You can also see the work in progress of my build here. Finally the last picture is for all the doubters who think this is a real bike. I thought the plastic spoon would give a sense of scale to the non believers LOL!
  10. Lee Chambers

    1/12 Tamiya Suzuki GSX1100S Katana

  11. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Thanks Shaun !
  12. Lee Chambers

    1/12 Tamiya Suzuki GSX1100S Katana

    Thanks Ian,i have a Suzuki GT380 Sebring 1/12 kit to build later this year.
  13. Lee Chambers

    Tamiya Ducati 916

    Check out my previous builds they include Kawasaki Z1 1/12,Suzuki 1100 Katana 1/12,Honda CX500 Turbo CB1100R,BMW R90S CB750 1/6,Z900A4 1/8,and my current work in progress 1972 Kawasaki H2 1/8. So yes you could say i build the odd bike kit!
  14. Lee Chambers

    1/72 FineMolds Slave 1

    Thank you !
  15. Lee Chambers

    1/8 Nagano Kawasaki 750 H2

    Hi all, been sweating it out trying to build this Kawa, early starts and the odd late evening have got me this far. I have to say this has been a complete pleasure to work on, by far the best bike kit I have put together so far. It has amazing attention to detail, the parts go together like a full size bike. For example the front brake caliper has individual proper molded bolts to hold it to the fork slider, there is an ignition key barrel and top and bottom fork tube clamps. Also the frame is built as the real bike, then you fit the airbox and engine. It even has separate chain adjusters and cylinder head, all of the fins are individual and have to be separately glued in place as was the cylinder barrel. I hope to have it completed by this weekend.