Jump to content

Stressy

Members
  • Content Count

    39
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Stressy

  1. Was that the Chinese aircraft that didn't carry tip tanks or did no bombers carry them - or did the Soviet IL28s carry them?

    Still on the Soviet Beagles were the natural metal or painted silver, all the photos seem to show a distinct lack of tonal variation across the airframe?

  2. Can anyone tell me  if the bomb-bay in the Italari IL28 Beagle is in the right place? I'm wondering if its too far back or perhaps the underfuselage radome too far forward with a too short nosewheel gear bay?

  3. Some pics of my 1/72 Whirlwind.  Its the original, poly bag, Bliek kit in rather hard and brittle plastic.  I gave it a cockpit using an Airwaves etch tub and instrument panel and scratch built everything else under the canopy,  some wingtip and landing lights from clear sprue and scribed panel lines ( need to improve my skills in that respect). Anyway thanks for looking. spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

    • Like 30
  4. I'm building the Bliek moulding of the Whirlwind and plan on doing the grey-green with grey undersides scheme. Looking at the relevant Warpaint it identifies the greys as 'mixed grey' and 'ocean grey' neither of which appear in my reference of RAF camo and marking orders for WW2. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

  5. This is my 1/72 Fujimi Phantom dating from the 1990s, but built earlier this year at about the time the new Airfix version became available. The fit of parts was quite good and probably would have been regarded as good when it was released. I would have liked to fit the extended nose leg but it didn't seem to be correct given the absence of crew and dropped flaps.

    resized_23149269-274e-490f-b4e6-8590e6e1

     

     

    resized_911ebc8e-0fbd-4186-8e4d-4939ea31

     

    resized_1162ed82-c6f5-44fc-94f7-ffcfc413

     

    resized_72a24b27-858e-456a-808f-d41ed04e

     

    resized_97ccadcd-c63e-4905-ad4a-51a2eb2f

     

    • Like 22
  6. It's 1/72 and was hard work in general! The resin cockpit was too tight and the canopy could have been meant for a different model; I carved away quite a bit of the front or the fuselage to let the windscreen drop down into the fuselage, I also changed the curve of the rear edge of the canopy as it goes the wrong way when compared to the real thing. The top of the wing roots were packed out to reduce the dihedral. Once I'd got most things sorted a bottle of thinners dropped off a shelf onto it and split the fuselage glue joint along the belly as well as knocking a tailplane off - but that was my fault! I've a Special Hobby Boston in the stash but I'll need a few months to recover from this experience to be tempted!

    • Haha 1
  7. Well I've taken the plunge at last - been watching for a while! I started making kits in the 60s but you would struggle to call it modelling.  I make aircraft and armour late 30s to mid 70s. I've got a bit better over the years but each build seems to go on for ever - cheap at least. The next big step for me will be posting a photo!

×
×
  • Create New...