Linx12.jpg

But first here some photos I took of our Portuguese Navy LYNX:

Linx10.jpg

SpotNightBA612.jpg

SpotNightBA64.jpg

LYNX13.jpg

LYNX17.jpg

LYNX18.jpg

My idea is to build a Portuguese Navy LYNX and the Royal Navy Black Cats with the Hobby Boss kits

LYNX01.jpg

But first a small comparison with the old Airfix kit

LYNX02.jpg

In terms of quality of the Hobby Boss is considerably better.

In terms of realism I leave to your consideration.

LYNX03.jpg

LYNX04.jpg

The Box from the Black Cats kit doesn’t bring the right blades, which is ridiculous for even the box art shows the latest BERP blades

So I will use the blades that came in the Airfix Box, with the little work they adapt well

LYNX05.jpg

The problem is that the Black Cat box is for the HAS 3 (2005 Lynx I think) not for the new HAS 8 that Black Cats now use

Meaning:

In HobbyBoss kits (not sure if in all of them) that brings the BERP blades there is an error in the tail rotor,

while bringing the two sizes of the tail rotor both are designed the same way, to rotate anti-clockwise.

LYNX39.jpg

But it's just flip the piece F6 and glue the C25 on the other side and that will solve the problem

LYNX40.jpg

(more info here http://www.scale-rotors.com/forum/topic/se...-n%C2%BA-87237)

The only drawback of Airfix blades is that they don’t have the leading edge faceted

LYNX06.jpg

LYNX17.jpg

The decals of the Portuguese Lynx aren’t very correct, so I will use the Portuguese “Santa Cruz” brand

LYNX07.jpg

For the Black Cat I’ll also use a sheet that was around here that seems more correct to the most recent Lynx. At least on the "fade" of the insignias

LYNX09.jpg

LYNX08.jpg

The Portuguese Navy Lynx will be with the doors open, so I invest in some detail (Pavla) for interior, winch and wheels area

LYNX10.jpg

Edited by Vitor Sousa

Starting

LYNX11.jpg

LYNX12.jpg

LYNX13.jpg

One of the Lynxs will have the doors open so I cut back on the plastic thickness

LYNX14.jpg

Cutting the windscreen wipers

LYNX15.jpg

LYNX16.jpg

LYNX19.jpg

LYNX20.jpg

LYNX21.jpg

LYNX22.jpg

LYNX23.jpg

LYNX24.jpg

LYNX25.jpg

LYNX26.jpg

I was about to close the two halves when:

LYNX27A.jpg

So let’s do something about it

LYNX28.jpg

LYNX29.jpg

Moving on:

Glue the halves is made gradually from nose to tail

LYNX30.jpg

Then with a sponge and Maskol cover it all, the Maskol is very easy to apply and clean it thoroughly excesses with finger

LYNX31.jpg

For those who mount Helicopters knows the headache that is the connection of the glazing to the fuselage, a good primary reveals everything, whether the problems are in the model or modeler

LYNX32.jpg

LYNX33.jpg

LYNX34.jpg

Using parts from the Portuguese kit I rebuild the area of the landing gear of the Black Cat

LYNX36.jpg

I use some sticks to better measure the alignment and do not be surprised after

LYNX37.jpg

On this scale the thickness of the plastic is ungrateful, some sanded need

Here is a detail that (in my opinion) will make a difference in the end.

Compare the Before and the After

LYNX35.jpg

In a side project I’m trying to scratch build the Brownin M3M

Using one of the supports of torpedoes may I’ll be able to make a platform that they use to deliver "free candy" to tourists (aka Pirates)

M3M-01.jpg

M3M-02.jpg

M3M-03.jpg

Here some pics of the Lady

M3M-04.jpg

M3M-05.jpg

M3M-06-1.jpg

M3M-07.jpg

Eduard has a set of 1/72 Browning (for B25s I think), but I can’t use most of it

M3M-08.jpg

So I went to the leftover photoetch and come up with this, making and remaking several times photoetch, I’ll be back with some more photos of it)

M3M-09.jpg

(this are not the final pics, it's missing the bullets box and support, but at the end I use 30 pieces of leftover)

:please:

visit this topic in the “Wanted” section and see if anyone can help me with the Decals

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80411

there are also some excellent photos there too. i like the one with the diver in mid flight down into the sea.

Thanks Trevor :winkgrin: , It was the first time I photographed the LYNX and became fascinated with the machine.

- - / - -

Continuing with the general painting.

I like a sandwich, which is a general layer in base color, then the panels lines in a grey shaded, and finally give back a thin layer of base color plus white (because of the scale effect).

LYNX41.jpg

Although there are decals for the tail rotor red and white I opted for the mask and paint a lot of times (it’s far from done in this photo)

LYNX42.jpg

LYNX43.jpg

LYNX44.jpg

LYNX45.jpg

Before I give them two coats of a future I used a Micromesh 8000 (it’s a sandpaper so fine that it seems cloth, grain is 3000 to 12000)

which gives a sheen to the panels

Let's start with the long task of decals :wacko:

LYNX46.jpg

In the Black Cats Lynx I advise you to cut in two halves (more and less in the vertical of the exhaust outlet) the decal of the animal's back, once is a difficult thing to manage in one piece.

I chose to put the decal before painting the black spine

(I was not sure how far would the decal would go)

The Tamiya XF-20 color that comes in the instructions for the Black Cats Lynxs didn’t convinced me at all :confused:

Maybe the color is still indicated for the former Lynx HAS3

Now it’s done, but if someone were mount this kit consider the color

Information

The Portuguese flag is green to the left of the red. But the green on our aircraft is always placed facing the front of the plane

Unfortunately I believe that two LYNXs came from England painted with the Starboard flag misplaced

The LYNXs, the 19201 and the 19204

In other words, these two came with the Starboard flag well designed (as a flag), but reversed with respect to our costum

Caudas.jpg

In this picture the 19203 has the flag as required by rule, others less so.

You cannot trust these British guys :devil:

This is inspiring.....I MUST have a 1/72nd Lynx with those black cat marrkings!!!!1

where do I get a kit and the decals????

Great work Vitor

where do I get a kit and the decals????

The kit I've find him here in Portugal, but the Decals came from Hannants, sure you'll HobbyBoss Lyns there too

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ML729035

But be warned that the Hobby Boss kit that comes with the decals of the Black Kats (as shown in the photos of the boxes) is for the old Lynx HAS3.

No BERP blades, smaller tail rotor and so on...

If you want to build a newer version of the Black Cats I advise you to buy another hobby boss kit and adapt with the more recent Decals

You can find more info on that in here

http://www.scale-rotors.com/forum/topic/se...x-n%C2%BA-87237

• 2 weeks later...
Vitor, the stencil at the Portuguese Lynx is from the Hobbyboss decals or from Authentic Decals?

Only the "Sonic" Nose Art is from Authentic Decals

Portuguese marks (the Cross, flag, Letters and number) are from "Santa Cruz"

And all the service marks are from the Black Cats Model Alliance sheet, that brings a lot of marks, for 2 Lynxs and a bit more.

In terms of quality and detail the Model Alliance sheet looks much better than the A.D.

I wasn't gonna put too many service marks, but then I get my high resolution photos of Lynx and found that many of them make sense to be there

On this scale is difficult to select just the right amount of decals to use, because some service marks are a little out of scale, but smaller is impossible.

Each modeler will choose which ones to place or not

But I'll come back to this issue in more detail (as soon as our MnN is up again)

Edited by Vitor Sousa