1/72 Vac form Aeroclub Vickers Varsity

I really don't like to put my models in the work in progress, probably because they may not get finished or something goes wrong, but anyway this is the Aeroclub Vickers Varsity I am building at the moment, I have decided to add interior detail with the passenger door open, wing flaps down and if I feel brave enough have the engine clamshell open to show the engine detail, I have already taken numerous photos of the Varsity at Brooklands and Newark and some from the internet and other generous people that have taken photos for me, I have decided that this should be the meteorlogical Survey aircraft in white and grey with orange wing tips, mainly because the Brooklands aircraft I have the interior photos.

DSC_0012.jpg

Edited by kev67

you'll beggar up those pellets jamming them in there like that :)

Nice model, going to enjoy this one

How much of the detail inside is kit supplied, if none- wow

Great plane the Varsity

Very nice subject, will keep looking at this thread ! Hopefully it will also inspire me to start the Varsity I have in the stash...and I might take some clue from your build for the interior if you don't mind !

Mine however is the even more basic Airmodel vacform

Just a small update, I have made the seats for the passenger and trainee personnel, they are slightly different to each other, and just need priming and painting, looking at the photos I have they do not look very comfortable, I have also made the control desks or what ever they are called, not sure how accurate they are as I only had a few photos to look at, but as they will not be seen I am not to worried, they need spraying black and adding some more detail

seats.jpg

consol.jpg

Edited by kev67

Really nice work Kev.

Did you solder those seat frames together? If so, how did you get them so neat?

Cliff

good old super glue, they will be painted a horrid brown colour with beige seats

Beauttiful workmanship, what a shame most of it will be impossible to see once the two halves are joined.

yes I know but the cabin door will be open and as the door swings back into the cabin I thought I might as well detail it as much as I can.

This is looking great! I'm sure you will get her finished but sometimes WIP is a good spur to completeing a model. I know for sure that I woud probably given up on my TSR2 had it not been for the encouragement of the guys and gals here.

Martin

This is looking great! I'm sure you will get her finished but sometimes WIP is a good spur to completeing a model. I know for sure that I woud probably given up on my TSR2 had it not been for the encouragement of the guys and gals here.

Martin

Cheers Martin, I love the detail you are adding to your TSR, how long have been on that build

Some very fine work there Kev! I was recently inside the Newark Varsity, and so remember the interior quite well. Yours looks spot on, right down to the shade of sewagey brown!

Looking very good

That Aeroclub kit is streets ahead of the Airmodel I used as the basis for mine.

Still that's about correct as your work is also well ahead of anything I've done !!

'V'