Revell phantom FGR-2

i made a start on my phantom today. i started on the cockpit with eduards colour zoom pe set, sorry about some of the photos, i had to use my phone while my cameras battery charged

front panel

IMG_0210.jpg

rear panel

contolpanel.jpg

tub

IMG_0201.jpg

i've also made a start on what revell call ejector seats.

this is what they give you, i've given them a coat of silver to start

seat.jpg

followed by a coat of home brewed anthracite grey

seat1.jpg

i then used a tooth brush to chip away the top coat in an attempt to simulate chipping and ware and tear.

seat3.jpg

then next stage of the bang seats is to add all this lovely PE!

eduard.jpg

i may end up pulling my hair out by the time im finished

i have finished my first bang seat and although not perfect, i think it does look better than whats supplied as standard in the kit. i also repainted the backrest that eduard supplied as i wanted a paler colour

finishedseat.jpg

FINISHEDSEAT2.jpg

Edited by c.smith10

Looking good mate that photo etch really enhances those seats!

:ditto: THAT is mega improvement on the bog standard kit seats :worthy:

Bexy

work has continued on the FGR and i now have the fuse together, wings, nose and intakes are all in place. the main issues i've come across so far is the poor fit of the intakes and the nose cone needing some attention so it fits nicely all the way round the forward fuse

intakes.jpg

intakes2.jpg

this is as well as i could get the intakes to fit, but when the fit was good here it leaves a large gap here

intakes3.jpg

i'll probably slip a bit of plasticard in the gap and tidy up with a bit of filler.

nose.jpg

work on the nose consisted of reshaping slightly where it meets the fuse to get rid of high and low spots

ok, this afternoon i've beaten the intakes into shape! i think i've managed to ware out a file getting these into shape, but not looking to bad now, just need to replace the lost detail

cleanup.jpg

i've also filled the gaps on the underside and filed them down too, not exactly ground breaking modelling but im please with the results

shim.jpg

shimdone.jpg

Those intakes are a pig, but as bad as some....... however, superb work so far :thumbsup2:

Bexy