Airfix Defiant

As the Comet racer approaches completion, I've started another for this GB- I'm gonna build

the much-maligned Airfix Defiant. I was given one as a gift last Christmas, but knowing of its

faults/problems, I was loath to build it without attempting some correction work, but my careless

and impatient nature meant it was unlikely to ever get built!

Then this GB came along...

001-5.jpg

002-3.jpg

So I'll have a go, no corrections, no AM, just OOB!

Edited by MadNurseGaz

Looks nice. I have seen the faults with this kit and they are many and difficult to fix. Building it OOB is probably the safest way to keep a sane mind :)

Well, here she is finished...

Defiant002.jpg

An interesting kit that polishes up well to produce a nice model that looks (a bit) like a Defiant. It has fulfilled

its purpose for this GB. More pics in the gallery.

Yeah you've done a great job on a poor kit it must be said. Would be nice if Airfix ditched this kit and produced a new tooling. Ooh and one in 1/48 too. I can dream.

Great job! :speak_cool:

Edited by rowmk9

Thank you, gentlemen, for your kind words. Rowan, I share your thoughts about a new tooling of the Defiant.

However, I'm not sure whether the return on Airfix's investment would justify it. Trumpeter might, though...

Looks great! I know the kit is inaccurate but I loved it as a kit and still have a soft spot for it.

Martin