Hurricane Season Continues

Finished this last night, bought as something to do on the dining room table whilst the rest of the stuff is in boxes till we move next week.

New Airfix offering of the MkIIc Hurricane painted and decalled to represent NF672 No 835 Naval Air Squadron, HMS Nairana.

Nice kit, goes together well, panel line a bit deep but not too bad, panel detail shown on decal placement drawing does not match kit parts though.

Painted using Vallejo paints, main colour off white just to tone it down slightly from pure white. Two coats of Quick Shine (well recommended) decalled and weathered, little bit heavy behind guns on wing. Finally a coat of matt varnish. All done with hairy stick.

Hope you like her.

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Open to comments on the weathering and the canopy is not the best I've painted.

Cheers

I confess to not liking that HMS Nairana scheme to begin with but the more I see of it the more it grows on me & I like the way you've handled it it looks the goods. Is that a Vallejo off white you used or one you did yourself? Its a good idea & suits it well.

Steve.

Excellent result with brushed white of all colours, my experince with brushing white is best left to toilet walls !!

Really nice overall job I rekon, I quite like the heavier weathering as you may notice !

Si.

Steve, it is Vallejo off White 70820.

Basic, just the usual micro sol and set.

Thanks for the comments.

Thanks for that Mad, I'll see if my local guy has some, I reckon it would work OK for Coastal Command aircraft too.

Steve.