Tiger Meet GB, anyone?

Fifer54

It has occurred to me that a Tiger Meet could be a good subject for a GB. Not necessarily a Tiger Meet as such,

but a GB of anything "tiger"-ish. I'm sure you know what I mean. Any aircraft from any nation's "Tiger" squadron

would be eligible, and any tiger-associated (e.g. American Volunteer Group P-40) or tiger-named(e.g.PzkwVI Tiger,

HMS Tiger, Grumman F11F, etc) model would also be eligible. (Figure modellers could model Tiger Woods(!))

Sunbeam Tiger, DH Tiger Moth........

What do you all think? Who's up for it? I'd probably build a 74 Sqn Spitfire, 'Toom or Hawk.

:coat:

How about expandind this gb to all felids names or colours ? In such case, modellers of all genres could participate e.g:

Airplane modellers: Tiger meet schemes, panther schemes, cheetach !! among with tomcats, hellcats, wildcats, lynxes, jaguars

Armor modellers : tiger tanks, panthers, leopards

Car modellers : jaguars, coogars, sunbeam tigers, nissan leopards, tiger motorbikes,

Ship modellers : some body please help me in this area.

SCi-Fi modellers : Thundercats :winkgrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Morning all!

Who would be interested in a Tiger Squadron / Tiger Meet themed group build?

Mish, what do you think? I know the calendar is full, but first for 2013?! :)

Morning all!

Who would be interested in a Tiger Squadron / Tiger Meet themed group build?

Mish, what do you think? I know the calendar is full, but first for 2013?! :)

Please look here.

:coat:

Good idea to merge this one Mish and Gaz, sorry if I trod on your toes but I had not seen the original thread.

But I think that it's a great idea and there are so many subjects that would look great so come on guys, anymore takers?

Good idea to merge this one Mish and Gaz, sorry if I trod on your toes but I had not seen the original thread.

But I think that it's a great idea and there are so many subjects that would look great so come on guys, anymore takers?

Toes not trodden on, Mark, I realised that you hadn't seen the original thread, I just thought we should combine our efforts!

Yes, it's a superb idea, and so many great subjects to go at!

So, let's see who's interested so far:

busdriver

ollieholmes

Gajman

Deon

Bandwagon106

techniquest

TOM4ever

Paul

Mentalguru

MadNurseGaz

So we're 2/3 of the way there, only another five participants needed, I'm sure we could get those,

Tiger Meets are very popular, and if we extend the GB to other genres by making it a "Tiger" GB

rather than a "Tiger Meet" GB, I'm sure that more will sign up...

I'd be willing to host the GB, and would like to suggest that as he came up with the same idea

independently, busdriver might co-host. You up for it, Mark?

You up for it, Mark?

Oh go on then.... :cheers:

I'd really like to do a 'History' of 74 Sqn RAF but that's too ambitious for a GB, so I'll just stick to a Tamiya 1/32nd F4-J(UK) and an Airfix Lightning. There will also be something modern and probably Swiss... or Czech.

As for other 'Tiger' subjects, does anyone make a kit of this...?

sunbeamtiger.jpg

It was always one of my dream cars as a boy along with the Triumph Stag. 'Deer' Group Build anyone? :winkgrin:

Edited by Busdriver

as im in the RAF ive seen a couple of tiger meets, but when i was on 230 sqn in northern ireland this scheme was dreamt up by a techie and applied to the cab. Only downside is that we had the clean the bugger a bit to keep it clean

anyway here you go, cant find my pics there on an external drive but heres the airliner.net one, ill try and post mine later

0897108.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to join this one with the Volvo 240 that was used for the Mini-Meet on Twenthe Air Base in the middle or late nineties. It had a totally chopped roof and no windscreen and was used to ferry pilots to and from their planes when they landed/took off.

Now all I need is reference pics and a model of a Volvo 240... if I can find that, I'm in !