Matchbox GB

That´s three weeks only. I know we voted for one month, but isn´t this cutting it a bit short?

That was my answer too when Mish told me the dates.

She explained that their are four week-ends incluided.

We must concider that this GB was proposed only a few days ago. With a very full GB calendar it isn't easy to hold an extra GB.

We have the dates and we will make the best of it.

And I'm sure that if we realy try we can all finish a simple kit .

If you need a co host , Ill volunteer?

Hi,

It would be great to have you as co-host.

Mish needs to give her OK.

GROUPBUILD GUIDELINES :

This GB is open for all two or three colored kits and the more recent repops.

Any level of build,from OoB to full aftermarket is allowed.

There will be two galleries.

One for the fully painted models. The other for the origional Matchbox kits build OoB and with the "mini paintplan" as maximum paintwork.

Aftermarket decals can be used for unpainted models if they are unusable due to aging.

Started builds are allowed up to 50 %

Not many rules to go by in this GB.

It doesn't have to be complicated all the time.Just build,paint or not and have fun.

Feel free to use this topic to tell us about your intended build.

Edited by Erwin

I will try to build a couple. I have a B-26 Marauder, that has some work done on the wings. Nothing major. Engine gondolas glued to lower wing half, nothing more.

And a B-17 Flying Fortress. Same thing here. A few parts tested for fit, but about 90-95% unmade. Nothing painted.

Will these be OK? Might look for for something small to join them, but that will probably be a later question...;)

Havn't made mind up yet what to build but Definitly in...presume could be a tank, ship or car (Aston Martin Ulster was a nice kit!) as well as the usual aircraft subject matter?

I have a few...

EA-6B Prowler

Strikemaster

Bucanneer

Viggen

A-10 Thunderbolt

F-101 Voodoo

Privateer

Halifax

Skyservant

Not sure which I will have a stab at yet

Hi,

The Privateer is my favourite on your list.

I will try to build a couple. I have a B-26 Marauder, that has some work done on the wings. Nothing major. Engine gondolas glued to lower wing half, nothing more.

And a B-17 Flying Fortress. Same thing here. A few parts tested for fit, but about 90-95% unmade. Nothing painted.

Will these be OK? Might look for for something small to join them, but that will probably be a later question...;)

Hi,

I set the rule at 50 % started allowed.

So please join.

I have a Matchbox Gladiator that I started, built a cockpit for and glued the fuselage halves together before getting bored and moving onto something else. I really should finish it though so I'll enter as long as my build for the Nightfighter GB is going to plan.

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in, but I don't yet know what I'll be building. I've only 1 Matchbox kit in the stash, and that's a

Wellington, that I want to finish in the maritime scheme, so I think it might be a tall order for a short GB like this

one! And. like Erwin, I'm off on me hols during this GB. Should be time to finish something, though! EvilBay beckons!

Edited by MadNurseGaz

Well you can count me in, have to choose from,

ME 262 BLA/u1

Viggen

J21

J29

Draken

Lansen

:hypnotised::wacko::mental:

Er Um dont know........... maight be the Lansen(cos i havent built one yet!). Right ime off for a :drink:

Neil

Well you can count me in, have to choose from,

ME 262 BLA/u1

Viggen

J21

J29

Draken

Lansen

:hypnotised::wacko::mental:

Er Um dont know........... maight be the Lansen(cos i havent built one yet!). Right ime off for a :drink:

Neil

Probably not the Lansen, 21 or Draken. They´re cool aircraft, but as far as I know, the first two have only been kitted by Heller, and Matchbox didn´t have the Draken. Airfix, Hasegawa and Revell did, but no Matchbox, IIRC.

Edited by denstore

DOH i knew that realy! having just been through the stash, what a numpty. :suicide:

I did find a Panzer 2 ausf-F and a Hanomag though so will go with them. (Dam the scrumpy :drink: )

Neil

• 3 weeks later...