* Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64A Apache "Iraq Freedom"

Greg B

Contrary to popular belief, I have actually started muddling for this Group Build. Instead of the Hasegawa 1/48 Seaking and Revell 1/48 Chinook, Honza has inspired me with his Apache Builds to do one myself. So here is the obligatory box shot:

10063750.jpg

So far I'm in the middle of filling and sanding the fuselage joins, with no paint applied, when it gets primed then I will take some Photos.

• 1 month later...

Its been a busy couple of months here, including a couple of trips away for a couple of weeks so work has been a couple of hours snatched here and there. Anyway, here is the state of play as of this evening. The sub assemblies such as the tail rotor, main rotor and weapons have also been completed. Its a nice kit, but the instructions can be a bit vague for positioning lumps and bumps. The etched brass is the Eduard specific set, it adds quite a bit to an already detailed kit. Next stage on Monday night is to apply a priming coat and check for flaws:

IMG_7471.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7477.jpg

The ALQ-144 Disco Light was an interesting task, I ended up wrapping it around a paintbrush handle of the correct diameter, then used Gator glue to secure it in place, before using 5min epoxy to fill and secure it.

IMG_7480.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, progress continues slowly! The kit has been primed with Alclad Grey Primer and the few seams that needed re-visiting taken care of. Cockpit has been painted with Gunze colours, with a black oil wash and dry brushed with grey oil paint. The etched brass is from the eduard set. Apologies for the phots, I need to find a darker blue sheet of paper and am waiting for a macro lens attachment.

AH-64A004.jpg

AH-64A008.jpg

AH-64A037.jpg

AH-64A041.jpg

Hasegawa thoughtfully moulded the side consoles seperately and there is bags of room, as its basically shades of black it is an easy one to do. could do with the macro lens though, it is a bit sharper than it looks like in the phots.

Looking good Big G, interesting technique painting the cockpit after assembly but it looks damn fine from here ;)

I'm not going to make he deadline for this, been on duty this weekend and kept on getting called out. :angrysoapbox.sml: It is at this moment drying after the final matt coat before putting the pylons on it. Will take some phots later when I have done some more. Good luck in the raffle everyone!

A great looking status so far.

What a pitty you didn't make the deadline.If this was in the gallery in time,you would have gotten my vote !

Edited by Erwin