Zephyr a Whif 1:72 Italeri A-10 in RAF service

AnonymousDFB1

Thought I'd do an update as I have a break with a cup of Earl Grey.

All the weapons pylons on

DSCF2726.jpg

No it's not going to be grey, that's just the primer going on

DSCF2727.jpg

A bit of preshading

DSCF2728.jpg

Now can anyone tell me why I have spray patches of dark green on it?

DSCF2729.jpg

Now what's this mad woman doing? Hairspray...

DSCF2730.jpg

More later...

You do realise for UK service they would have re engined it, the heavier engines would have meant a stretch to balance it, which would have then not let the gun fit, so we would have fitted 2 surplus Jag Adens instead negating its use, all the extra weight would call for 4 weapons stations being dropped too :P

looks sweet though

Very different Mish. I like it a lot :)

Looking good so far. How much weathering are you going to give it and will it be recieving nose art? I can imagine they would have looked really filthy operating at low level.

A-ha, I guessed you were gonna do a dirty pink birdy, when I saw those green splotches.

I planned on doing exactly the same thing on a Gulf Jag I was building last year (another one that never got finished :blush: ).

Looks great so far. :thumbsup2:

Looks great Mish! It wouldn't have been a surprise to see the RAF buy the A-10. If it ever gets covered in dust, make a diorama of a warehouse, and say it's not been used in 10 years because the software upgrade for the UK wasn't purchased... OK, :offtopic: , but, seriously, looks really good in UK colours.

Edited by Osher