who fancies a ferrari group build ?

tornado64

oviously in the future like !! but with so many around 1/24 scale kits available including race and road cars spanning the decades

there is bound to be something for everyone , after all who doesn't like ferraris ..??

dunno who'd organise but could be fun !!

A Ferrari groupbuild, ehhh? :hmmm:

Okay...but I warn you, if I don't win the competition, I may demand a stewards inquiry (until it's decided that, I did actually win).

Also if mid-way through the build, I decide I don't like the rules, then I may solicite other members to try and form a break-away groupbuild.

:evil_laugh:

Priceless, Paul, absolutely priceless! :rofl:

I'd be interested in participating, but only if it covered 1/43 scale as well. I've just picked up a couple of second-hand white metal 1/43 F1 kits, and plan on having a go at one of them soon. A Ferrari GB would be a good way of encouraging me to finish it!

A Ferrari groupbuild, ehhh? :hmmm:

Okay...but I warn you, if I don't win the competition, I may demand a stewards inquiry (until it's decided that, I did actually win).

Also if mid-way through the build, I decide I don't like the rules, then I may solicite other members to try and form a break-away groupbuild.

:evil_laugh:

lmao!

i could be tempted :)

I'd be interested in participating, but only if it covered 1/43 scale as well. I've just picked up a couple of second-hand white metal 1/43 F1 kits, and plan on having a go at one of them soon. A Ferrari GB would be a good way of encouraging me to finish it!

I think it needs to be scale free, there are kits in 1/76th, 1/43rd, 1/25th, 1/24th, 1/20th, 1/18th, 1/16th, 1/12th that I can think off instantly and probable others.

Most of the kits are in 1/43rd, a quick search shows over 900 1/43rd Ferrari kits currently available, and many more that are OOP.

The problem is which car to build

I have a lovely little Renaissance D50 I'm looking to build, but am trying to decide which race/driver to do.....or the 1986 Indy car.....or I have a high detailed 312PB...and then there is the Daytona I've been meaning to build for a while......................Just remembered the Meri high detail 126 CK I've been frooling over as well................... :yahoo:

Hey Paul, if I was building a D50 it'd be Fangio's winning car from the British GP. I do have a long-term aim to model all the British GP winners though.

Personally, from the selection you mention, I'd go for the '86 Indycar - a unique subject.

I'd be up for that. It's years since I've built a (model) car, nevertheless I have quite a few 1960s Ferrari road cars in the stash. I just need a bit of a prod to get going on something,

Cheers,

Bill.

Edited by Heraldcoupe

I,m up for that, I don't have one in the stash but I'm sure I could find something suitable probably a competition car

regards Ian D

Seeing your username associated with Ferrari reminds me, didn't somebody enter a 288GTO in the Rally Catalunya sometime in the 1980s?

Seeing your username associated with Ferrari reminds me, didn't somebody enter a 288GTO in the Rally Catalunya sometime in the 1980s?

Hi O-JK

I was thinking something along those lines myself, if the build comes off, I will research it in more detail

Mind you didn't some of the stratos's run with Dino engines?

Regards Ian D

PS. for all you car builders out there, don't forget the RAC group build starts soon.......all welcome (sorry to hi jack the thread....advert over)

Edited by Rallychef

I,m in, I have a Revival Yellow Ferrari from around the 50's that has to be done due to thew fact that I have had it for so long the decals may have vanished I'll have to dig it out Of the monster shed :lol:

scale free is no problem i probably used the scale more as an example that even in one scale they are a popular subject !!

Hey Paul, if I was building a D50 it'd be Fangio's winning car from the British GP. I do have a long-term aim to model all the British GP winners though.

a cool option !!

How many do you want.

THC

more the merrier !!

Just remembered Marsh Models has released the P4 as a 1/43rd kit, so may do that ome instead.

And if anyone fancies trying a 1/43rd, then marsh models are a wonderfull way of gettign started.

Their website: http://www.marshmodels.com/default.asp

And if anyone wants one to try one for the group build, I'm happy to give a nice big discount off the list price.

I think I've got a photo of that very car somewhere.

H

Hi O-JK

I was thinking something along those lines myself, if the build comes off, I will research it in more detail

Mind you didn't some of the stratos's run with Dino engines?

Regards Ian D

PS. for all you car builders out there, don't forget the RAC group build starts soon.......all welcome (sorry to hi jack the thread....advert over)

The Stratos had a Dino full stop.

H

This seems like a reasonable place to ask this...if I wanted to build one of these,

img11.jpg

...or one of these,

ferrari_daytona.jpg

...then, what options do I have?.

I seem to remember Italeri doing a racing Daytona, but I can't find anything available. :shrug:

This seems like a reasonable place to ask this...if I wanted to build one of these,

img11.jpg

...or one of these,

ferrari_daytona.jpg

...then, what options do I have?.

I seem to remember Italeri doing a racing Daytona, but I can't find anything available. :shrug:

sure i saw a daytona years ago ... although i may be wrong !! think it may have been amt or revell but don't quote me !!

The finest Daytona in plastic remains the Fujimi Enthusiast kit. I built its road going version years ago but I've not seen the race car in ages

I'm having a blank moment on the other car but if it is what I think it is the Model Factory Hiro kit is at around £250. look on www.hiroboy.com for more info.

H

Any way how do we formally apply for Group Build status?