HobbyCraft Me109 Croatian G10

Done a bit of work over the last few days. The PE set I got turned out to be for a G6, sure I ordered the G10. I've used some of the bits the rest will be used on the G6 I have.

First time using a PE set and got to say it's fiddly, fingers are covered in super glue. Interior has been airbrushed with VA model air RLM 66.

Side wall detail wasn't too bad and used some of the PE.

P1030589.jpg

Now the instrument panel, may need some tidying up once in the fuselage,

P1030590.jpg

and the cockpit, also some tidying up needed. Toe straps on the rudder pedals were a nightmare, I will have to get a photo etch bending tool and magnifying glass!!

P1030591.jpg

Next up attaching to the fuselage, thanks for looking.

Simon

Edited by usetherudders

Coming along nicely there Simon, first go with photo etch is always a bit of fun - the first time i tried it was for the airfix E-4 i did and i managed to ping the assembled instrument panel out of the car window never to be found again, modelling in a parked car does not work :)

I had the same problem with sticking bits to my sausage like fingers, one tip that works for me with the superglue is put a blob on something (see my thread for the state of my cutting mat) and use a toothpick / bit of fusewire to apply it and its a lot easier to control.

Anyways keep up the good work,

Cheers, Stu

Fuselage has now been buttoned up and wings an tail plane have now been joined.

Had a bit of a nightmare fitting the IP into the fuselage and has to use some sprue to glue it against. I much prefer the fit of the Revell kit in the respect of this but it is still not as good as the Tamiya tub cockpit version.

The photo-etch IP was also a pain to attach and next time I will not be using the film in the set as the adhesion wasn't strong enough. Practice I guess.

Some pics

P1030595.jpg

and next to it's Hungarian mate

P1030597.jpg

Revell is on the right, hoping to get primer on both this weekend.

Cheers

Simon

Continuing with the Hobby Craft kit I have completed the assembly and primed in Alcad.

P1030600.jpg

Mr Surfacer has been used again round the canopy frame where there's gaps. I also need some more filler by the radiator as the primer showed up some imperfections.

Compared to the Revell kit this one has more fitting problems and shallower panel lines.

Next job after sanding will some pre shading and then onto some paint starting with RLM04 ID bands and RLM02 in the wheel bays.

Marin, those photos are great!!

A big thank you for those, shame I messed up on the bulges but never mind, I'm not a rivet counter :)

Any chance you can post the link to the photos?

Some colour plates I have seen have RLM81/82/83 and others without the 81. I kind of like the 81 in there also.

Thanks again

Got the RLM76 on tonight. Paint was VA Model air, required a bit of thinning. I don't have their thinners but have been using water and their cleaner.

ID markings were Humbrol 154.

P1030602.jpg

Bit of touching up required round the wheel wells where the tissue used for masking crept up.

Painted a up the fuselage sides also.

Cheers for now.

Hello

Sorry for delay with answer. Photos are from many sources on internet, but you can find most of them on LEMB, this is link:

http://www.luftwaffe...?showtopic=7629

I also find some profiles and camo sheme for this plane, They are made by one Croatian modeler after discussion on Croatian forum about this plane camo.

This is link on that forum discussion (Croatian language):

http://www.maketarst...=messer&start=0

Many Croatian modelers agreed that basic camo is RLM 83/75/76 and that bottom of wings is natural metal (except control surfaces, wing tips). Also lot of surfaces are repainted with some other paints, RLM or some paints that were available to mechanics that were working on aircraft. There is lot question marks and free space to improvise in your interpretation (using photos as help). This particular profile is not perfect (right wing camo is not standard, and repainted "v" under wings shape and position if it existed at all ).

save0031u.jpg

save0032.jpg

save0033.jpg

save0034.jpg

zelena- green, bijela - white, crna- black, žuta- yellow

Also there is one more profile interpretation:

http://imageshack.us.../12/im1094.jpg/

Edited by Marin

Marin once again thank you. I've done some research also and the pictures and profiles I've found agree with you on the 83/75/76.

The last link you posted is the one I found and the one that I think I'll go with.

I'm going to have to strip back the 81/82 that's been applied already. Never mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Been building this in tandem with the Revell G10 and lucky that both machine are RLM76/75/83. After painting in 81/82 and found other sources and a massive thankyou to Marin I think I have found the correct profile and the photos above have been superb.

Paint used were Xtracolor 75/83 and model air 76 all free hand.

This G14 seemed to have a very unusal paint scheme with a mixture of paints used. I have used some RLM 65 to show where the German crosses were.

P1030678.jpg

I need to do some touching up as the photo above has brought out some overspray.

P1030680.jpg

P1030681.jpg

Yellow ID bands and props and spinner next.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

As with build number 1 I've now managed to get all the main colours on now and have done a bit of tidying up.

Underside painted with Model Air Aluminium and it went on very well.

Klear coat and then decals. This machine will require a heavy dose of weathering.

P1030742.jpg

Paints used once again were Xtracolor for the RLM 75 & 83.

P1030743.jpg

P1030744.jpg