REVELL 1/32 LYNX - TEST SHOTS

Dare I say this? Oh go on :suicide:

Could this be just like Trumpeters 32nd Harriers

Just the wrong scale and not that good. Buy British and keep the 48th scale cats.

Now if that doesn't throw the cat in the pidgeons I don't know what will???

Looks like the glazing is a poor fit!!

Looks like it's been lashed together in a hurry - I wouldn't set much store from the build, myself. The detail looks to be nice though - plenty on the interior :)

Oh Dear yet more goodness

Shaping up to be the year of the rotor

I will most likely buy this and More 1/48 Airfix Lynx's

Greed is good don't you know

Norm

It looks very tasty but I think I've been spoilt by the quality of the Airfix kits. I'm sure it will be just as popular with the fat/all thumbs scale modellers (sorry guys).

Colin on the Africa Station

*WANT* :)

Edit:

Just the wrong scale

My dear boy - surely not!! ;)

and not that good

Eh?

Buy British and keep the 48th scale cats.

Hmmm - and where are Airfix kits made?

Seriously though - the Airfix kit does look rather good and the builds I've seen so far have been ace - but for those of us who build in Gods own scale our chosen constant scale... :)

(and no - I don't have fat fingers! ;))

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

I am happier to see photographs of it in its raw state rather than filled and painted - it gives a better idea of what the kit is actually like and how it goes together.

The question has to be, are they going to do one? I haven't seen any sign that Revell might be going to produce an early mark. Maybe I'm wrong but it would be good to see one and it certainly opens up the options.

I'm still unconvinced that the detail level is not that which we have seen on the Airfix kit.

Colin on the Africa Station

Looks accurate to me. I'll hopefully be getting a test shot soon so will give you the full appraisal. Obviously, I'll be converting one of them to an AH7 ;) .....

Colin, Revell are advertising that it'll be a Mk88A (pictured) and HAS 3. That should cover a large variety of build possibilities. Luckily, the upper nose profile of the Mk88A is akin to the AH7 so that opens up quite a few possibilities (with an amount of scratch building) and the Mk88A has the non folding tail too. We'll have to wait and see what level of detail it has and how it builds. As far as I'm concerned, in this scale, it'll be a good basis even if it is a bit of a iffy kit (certainly wont be as bad as the Accurate Armour 1/35 offering!)

Edited by Lynx7

• 5 weeks later...

So much negative remarks about a 'test' shot.

I'm no expert on the Lynx, but it looks very nice to me and I will more than likely be getting one.

Please excuse the (possibly) daft question, but coming from Revell will this just have British markings or will it also have MarineFlieger ones? As I said I'm no expert.

Steve

So much negative remarks about a 'test' shot.

I'm no expert on the Lynx, but it looks very nice to me and I will more than likely be getting one.

Please excuse the (possibly) daft question, but coming from Revell will this just have British markings or will it also have MarineFlieger ones? As I said I'm no expert.

Steve

Hi,

the kit is annouced as Mk.88 for German Navy (Marineflieger)

and as HAS Mk.3 (this sounds for Royal Navy)

modelldoc

I'll be getting one especially if they bring out an Army version or if an Army version can be built from this. Ach, I'll get one anyway!

And the Airfix 1/48 Army one. Life is good for modellers!

:speak_cool:

• 1 month later...

Quick update. I'm halfway through building the test shot at present and I am confident all you Lynx-o-philes will be equally as impressed as you were with the Airfix 1/48th! Really is a very nice kit indeed. Cant say too much now as I'm doing this build for a magazine. No idea when the kit will be in production but hopefully, not too far away.