* Spitfire MK1: FINISHED.

Tizzy

Count me in with this beauty.

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

Ill be starting mid July once i've got the MkXV11 Spit i'm working on at the moment finished.After 2 limited run Spits in a row i'm going to enjoy a bit of 'shake 'n' make' with a Tamiya O.O.T.B.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to having an unexpected gap in my modelling schedule,due to accidently dropping a nearly finished Spitfire on the floor and wrecking it,I have now started this model.I'm hoping to finish this build fairly quickly as i won't have to spend ages corecting fit issues.Some initial dry fitting reveals the parts fit like a hand in a glove.I'll post some pics soon. :D

Count me in with this beauty.

Ill be starting mid July once i've got the MkXV11 Spit i'm working on at the moment finished.After 2 limited run Spits in a row i'm going to enjoy a bit of 'shake 'n' make' with a Tamiya O.O.T.B.

I've got this one in my stash. Along with about 60 other 1/72 Spitfire/Seafires. Strangely I don't have the Xtrakits Mk XII which in Tizzy's experience has difficulty in maintaining a safe altitude.

I do have the Czechmaster resin Mk XII though.

This is my progress so far.

I painted the cockpit interior and picked out the details.

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

I then painted and assembled the cockpit interior frame work.

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

At the moment i am waiting for the seat to dry so i can add seatbelts.The kit includes decals for belts but i prefer photo etch.

More progress soon.Cheers :D

Thanks for the info John.Looking at this model it becomes clear that Tamiya have taken the details from a preserved model that has been updated over the years.As well as the crowbar on the door,the upper wing has bulges over the wheel housings which are not on the originals but which are often retro fitted to preserved flying Spits that have had their wheel geometry changed to operate off modern tarmac runways rather than the grass airstrips they originally flew from.I have decided to leave things as they are as i want to enjoy a stress free Tamiya experience on this one.Cheers :D

This is the progress so far.The seatbelts are Eduard belts salvaged from a Mk11 downed by enemy fire over the kitchen floor.The model has required no filler so far and has been a breeze so far.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

I'm ready to prime it and then start airbrushing.More updates soon.Thanks for watching. :D

Looks like your making good progress...looking forward to seeing the paintjob...

Cheers,

ggc

This is the progress so far.The seatbelts are Eduard belts salvaged from a Mk11 downed by enemy fire over the kitchen floor.The model has required no filler so far and has been a breeze so far.

I'm ready to prime it and then start airbrushing.More updates soon.Thanks for watching. :D

Remember to lop off the protruding gun muzzles from the leading edge as well.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of progress to show.

The model was sprayed in the B camoflage pattern of Dark Earth and Dark Green.The undersides are Sky.All paints are Xtracrylix.

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Once the painting was finished i gave the model a couple of coats of Klear in readiness for the decals.

I originally used the kit decals but found them prone to silvering and the one piece roundel/code decals were surrounded by thick carrier film.I decided to get an Xtradecal sheet.In the mean time i used some spares i had for a few of the markings.

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

I am making a Spitfire from 92 squadron.As soon as the decals arrive i will crack on and finish it.Thanks for looking.Cheers :D