All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lovely crisp result, looks fantastic. The APU door is a small detail often missed, you've done a great job with this Mighty Max 😎 Alan
  3. Well, that one's come out rather well, hasn't it? Wonderful, inspiring work.
  4. "The new tool kit P-51D in 1/72 scale in Royal Class (Dual Combo) edition will be sold at our webstore in a pre-sale from end of April until the beginning of May 2024, shipping will start in late June. It will be available via our business partners in July. The kit will also be released as a Limited Edition Dual Combo in August 2024. Stay tuned for more details in the coming days. In the third part of the photo gallery of the 1/72 P-51D Mustang kit, designer “Stan” Archman introduces you to the undercarriage of the kit: 8. The undercarriage leg is designed as one piece including the torque scissors and the undercarriage cover bracket. 9. The landing gear leg drop into the wing is designed with a "snap-in" from the side. It is hoped that this will provide similar comfort and positional accuracy to the 1/72 scale Bf 109 F and G 10. The main landing gear ribs are now part of the wheel well ceiling. 11. The "second floor" of the celing of the main wheel well is designed with the hoses as a part of the cockpit floor. 12. It follows that the assembly of the wheel well, which fits into the wing, consists of only four main parts." https://www.facebook.com/share/p/zJajoi3gwxwjptz7/
  5. Congratulations on a stunning piece of work,looks very realistic well done 👏.
  6. It looks good Dave. I like it!! Mike
  7. My guess is also that insurers realise that diesels are no longer being produced in any numbers (manufacturers can appear virtuous by dropping diesels, has the great advantage of reducing overheads by reducing engine options). Also, despite offering policies based on age, car etc, there will be a baseline overall cost. My guess that is pretty important in determining how much the premiums are, and keeping shareholders happy. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that companies took advantage of high inflation rates to push their margins up, and I suspect that once they done it once, the temptation to carry on is irresistible. After all bigger margins, bigger profits, happier shareholders and bigger executive recompense packages, what's not to like? (think water companies). Not being political, all based on published information.
  8. Superb demarcation between colors and an outstanding overall presentation. Mike
  9. We probably won’t get them down these parts of the world in time Patrice @TEMPESTMK5, however a “Mustang 6 - STSKGB” may be something to consider in the future? STSKGB = Single Type Single Kit Group Build. Cheers… Dave
  10. That looks truly stunning. Excellent workmanship, well done. Trevor
  11. Very nice work, brought back memories of building the original version of the kit more years ago than I care to remember. Thanks for sharing.
  12. Here in the Banana Republic, we do not have compulsory car/vehicle insurance. Making it compulsory simply aids the insurance companies to hold everyone to ransom, since you "require" it. Hopefully sodium-ion battery technology arrives soon. It's promising and certainly will not do the damage to the planet that lithium has done. I read a superb university paper quite some years back, which calculated that an H2 Hummer was better for the planet than a prius.
  13. Looking nice Simon Quick question, I note you have glued the fuselage together, I'm guessing you have a way to put the front/rear turrets in after post glue/paint?? If so, would you mind sharing your secret please, as I was going to leave out the guns in my build if, having to put in turrets when gluing the fuselage together. Thanks Alan
  14. That is truly nice. I have the Revell issue in my stash.
  15. Something different for a change, thank you for sharing this very nice King👌 cheers, Jan
  16. Neat job with the cockpit, Alistair! Does the kit include the lower harnesses, which are actually chains? Ciao
  17. They are truly wonderful photos and such valuable references, are they genuine period colour shots or “colourised” ones?
  18. Wow!! That is very impressive, and especially so in 1/72! I had to check the scale, because I thought it was bigger! Awesome painting and weathering and the base sets it off beautifully! Very well done! Kind regards, Stix
  19. That's very nicely done and well staged, including a Rock Ape to make sure no one steals it.
  20. The project is going on: a test assembly Source: http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91609&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20 V.P.
  21. And to think I moaned loudly when my insurance went up from £400 a year to £500 a year in November.
  22. I think it's fascinating how we describe the same things differently depending upon one's perception. You see "thick black bands at the wingtips" and I see "black outer wings with 2 white stripes" and both are equally correct in my view. Love it. Does rather make one think carefully about getting more than one source for descriptions of historical paint schemes. cheers and thanks for commenting Rob
  23. To which the obvious response is: "Doing business with idiots doesn't align with my personal values, goodbye." I'm glad you found someone else a lot cheaper. Obviously they have their head screwed on and feel that increasing sales aligns with their corporate vision. Good luck to them.
  1. Load more activity