All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I was going to print a few sets off on and stick them on eBay, but if anyone here is interested, just PM me and I'll see what I can do
  3. Forward and aft guns mounted, ignore all the black threads, I find it easier to add the rigging to the deck mounts before the masts go on. I've made a start on the boat davits, adding the PE detail to the plastic part. This build seems to be getting smaller, but I think it's well worth adding all this PE, although it does limit how much I can do at a time. Jon
  4. Weathering and final assembly continues. Cargo doors had the windows removed to try to keep the temperatures down in the summer. Added a simulated coating of "Pro Seal" sealant around the co-pilot;s overhead window and the CWMS sensor housings on the nose. This nasty stuff was very roughly applied usually with a popsicle stick or the poor crew chief's finger.
  5. Hi Mark I thought your tongue may have been somewhere near your cheek... (it would of course have been painted black/yellow... no one would get that wrong 😃) Nevertheless I thought just in case someone less learned in Lancasters were reading... Great build btw. I have the same kit as yet unstarted - I've been seduced by the beautiful Border Models alternative. I'm torn because I like the concept of the lovely clear fuselage half and the trolley for display. I've even aquired this Trumpeter display case iIntended for 1/12 motorcycle kits but which (dimensionally at least) seems to fit it perfectly. Rich
  6. Nicely done! And the addition of pilot figures in the cockpits, a hint that you are preparing to display the models on a flight deck? Don
  7. Very nice kit indeed, you got it absolutely right, and the deployed flaps actually give your airplane in this instance something more to look at. The photography and beautiful setting make this a very special post. This makes me think of something : I can understand the desire to camouflage the plane when it's on the ground, but then why did the Japanese paint such large hinomarus on the wings ?
  8. Airmastr is to release a 1/144th Tupolev Tu-104 "Camel" 3D printed kit Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0t7XTmkpCx4tsXN3KBydsyxdwd4B7ExjJWG7C4dinwwMArUDwpHy7r8noUcDEbp4sl&id=100086948331498 3D renders V.P.
  9. Airmaster is to release 1/48th & 1/72nd Hodek HK-101 3D printed kits Sources: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nShE9XJodYQ6TdDogsBXg5NobsFGRAFD5RD381joMVLErhNZK9vf5kHnGNHttKMxl&id=100086948331498 https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02i5eriigqAYhdgiGT9eYRNjx4eGZbG1QKdRZN328YukTtkGSQboJwbenoywbH5tNEl&id=100086948331498 V.P.
  10. Great looking plane and story as well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I enjoy hearing the "why" side of the hobby not just the "how". Good on ya...Rich
  11. I'm following this with interest as I'm waiting for one to be delivered. I have always liked the look of the Marauder, something quite sleek about it and yet quite bulky as well. Out of interest, because there is a problem with my delivery, could you measure the box for me please? Looking forward to seeing more.
  12. Nicely detailed Rata....well done my friend. I've never done one of these but they're growing on me. Cheers...Rich
  13. Hi javlin, thanks !!! Hi Rando, thanks !!! Hi Roberto, thanks !!! Andrés.
  14. Well, it,s never a great idea to make general assumptions based on a single example. In addition, I'm slightly baffeled by the idea that the 24 trust line was changed 80 years ago, and that we only now discover it. My main objection is that it would have been more visible and would have involved changes to the fuselage in front of the windscreen, in order not to have a kink at the firewall. Next, based on what I've read about Joe Smith and Supermarine, I'm very sceptical about changes like this. They were obsessed with not introducing changes that would upset production, e.g. Changing the fuselage jiigs I believe that they had their hands full trying to get the Spiteful into an acceptable fighter at the time, not to speak of trying to design a jet fighter and only made very neccesary changes to the Spitfire line Rant over. It could be the best kept Supermarine Spitfire secret ever 😊 /Finn
  15. Released - ref. 12638 - Boeing KC-135R Startotanker Source: https://academy.co.kr/article/공지사항/1/1842/ V.P.
  16. NACA laboratory at Cleveland had some, and some were based at Wright Field.
  17. The Academy catalogue 2024 is downloadable here: https://academypm.cafe24.com/09_site/2024_Catalog.pdf Source: https://academy.co.kr/article/공지사항/1/1892/ There's only one new tooling aircraft kit that was in fact already announced in the last year catalogue 😥 1/48th - ref. 12355 - Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat - Also of interest as reported as "new design" 1/48th - ref. ? - Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion V.P.
  18. Love this! The weathering is excellent and like how you’ve got the colours so bright and vivid. Paul
  19. Great job! And fair play for having the get up to come back to it. Paul
  20. Tomas - I bought three of the would-be "ultimates" a couple of years ago, all around EUR 60 delivered, give or take a few. You get a lot of weight for your buck (or Kronor). There is definitely some very useful stuff and some quite interesting reading. The industrial action background in the A-20 book was highly interesting, as things like that rarely get mentioned. OTOH, I have a bit of knowledge on the Boston, and did spot a couple of errors in the British section on a casual read. In addition, one of the chapters is essentially a technical manual spelled out word by word. Which I consider pretty pointless. The long introductory section in the B-26 book is interesting as it gives a lot of background to Glenn Martin, but somewhat culminates with a lengthy discussion of the groundbreaking question "was Glenn Martin gay?". I did not dare read further, and the B-25 title remains essentially untouched. You will certainly find lots of useful stuff, but to me the books look like a (sometimes rather incoherent, or somewhat random) collation of mostly secondary-source information, apparently many drawn from contemporary aviation mags.
  1. Load more activity