This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks Antti It was a work of love and I think it's my best model to date. So I'm quite pleased with it. But as always there are things I would like to improve on, but that will have to be for the next one.
  3. Your guess is as good as mine. You need to find good reference pics of the airframe in question. But if you decide to add the pod, I don't think anyone could say if it's wrong or not. So go for it. Looking forward seeing pics of your build.
  4. Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies

Monogram 1/48 Boeing B-29 Superfortress

I have been mostly idle of late - I can't really explain why. I've tried a couple of other things but seem reluctant to actually finish anything this year. I've put the undercarriage and exhausts on this, but need to do some chalk pastel weathering: I have another Hellcat partly assembled - I've closed up the fuselage and assembled the wings and tail since: I thought about finishing this, but a large number of stupid fiddly bits convinced me to just leave it on the shelf of doom. In retrospect, choosing the wingfold option was a mistake. I hate models with folded wings so really should have seen this coming! I've been tinkering with this: I started butchering some plastic for another sub-assembly of brass. I managed to stab myself under a fingernail with a chisel doing this, so was not really in the mood to do more! The white plastic insert needed to dry properly too before being smoothed over.
  5. Steve86

Hey!

Not one but three welcomes, from the UK, to Britmodeller and back to the hobby. Enjoy your return!
  6. CliffB

Lockheed Twins in civilian style

Nice to see civilian subjects in the GB, although you'll obviously have your work cut out with these!
  7. CliffB

Lockheed 12 Electra Junior.

Nice choice Paul. If you drop Special Hobby an email via their website, they'll probably send you a replacement canopy FOC (they did for me last year). Excellent customer service!
  8. Good to see CA return. Going to wait for their next project, though.
  9. Today
  10. Stalker6Recon

1/72 YF-105A Thunderchief Conversion

You know the laws of modeling, by time you are ready to check the molds, you will stumble upon your lost canopies. At least I hope that is the case anyway. She looks gorgeous, I love how the panels have just enough color difference to add reality, an amazing job throughout. Anyone that only sees the finished product, won't believe how chopped up she was before the painting was done! It is a statement, what seems impossible, is possible! Looks great! Anthony
  11. NigelC

"Hello, I'm Julian ..."

Thanks - I'm pleased with how it came out, but blimey don't photos show up dodgy seams more than the naked eye? Thanks for having a vada
  12. Stew Dapple

Fujimi F1M Pete

Nice job Mike, I don't think the interplane rigging is too thick I've got this kit in the stash, hope it turns out as nicely as yours Cheers, Stew
  13. Surprised that you haven't disappeared under a pile of sanding dust! Your perseverance is paying off. My Angel is a later casting, separate wings and intakes. Not as many bubbles, but some interesting joins to overcome. Great work.. Looking forward to watching this develop
  14. JeroenS

Airfix Honda 750

That "body" colour is really nice, is it some kind of bronze?
  15. trickyrich

Vietnam - 5 to go

cool, welcome along
  16. John D.C. Masters

A Tale of 2 Spitfires: the Bride meets the Son...

Thank you opus999. I hope to finish them up in the next couple of days.
  17. stevehnz

Italeri 1:72 T-45 Goshawk

I've got two Italeri T-45s squirrelled away, one of which at least is destined for a sheet of Draw decals CONA scheme (I like the blue tailed one. ) The other in a service scheme. @Creepy Pete, any chance of a scan of those improvements too. I know there is some work required on the wings leading edges. Steve.
  18. Clashcityrocker

Tamiya Mercedes 300sl

Lovely work. Nigel
  19. Quang here is another video of the RF-101 in Vietnam: https://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675038914_Phantom-II-aircraft_cockpit_F-4_Air-Force-personnel_entry-ladder check the 1:20 mark and you can see a group that seem to be discussing some antennas on the bottom of the fuselage. Jari
  20. Beazer

CT-133 Silver Star 133542 1/48 Academy

Primer applied with some more done on the fuel tanks and miscellaneous pieces.
  21. Harry Callahan

Tamiya 1/48 F-14A Tomcat

A great model, but for my taste a bit to clean
  22. Harry Callahan

Tamiya Mercedes 300sl

Excellent work, she is a beauty, so amazing model, well done mate
  23. Kevin Callahan

Italeri 1:72 T-45 Goshawk

Personally I'm still waiting for Italeri's promised repop of the T-45 so I can do the two CONA planes that Draw Decals does markings for. But it is taking forever for them to get around d to it.
  24. Gene K

F-4F Hasegawa 1/72

Looking forward to how you do the ladder so I can copycat!! Gene K
  25. Ed Russell

Czech this out.........

Now you can build one
  1. Load more activity