All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. They're already included on the Roden RC-135, but if you're referring for use on other things, then yes. Contact him and request it.
  3. Looks great Mark, like the wing effects , looking forward to seeing what they are like when painted. Nice haul from your travels too,the Mitchell is a great kit, you will enjoy that although there is a lot inside, cockpit and nose areas😉 Great work Chris
  4. Unless RS worked out a deal to include the Quickboost pieces?... I doubt they'd tool up to fix that part. Would be nice though if Academy would finish out their P-38 and fix those anyway, as some parts of their kit suggest they had planned to do the earlier versions and never have.
  5. Not doing any more to the canopy, there are a couple of places that need a little more work but that is essentially it! Touch-ups, paint-wise have started with the Dark Sea Grey, the Dark Green will be done early tomorrow and the Light Aircraft Grey soon afterwards as the engines will need to be glued in place first. The wheels are on the undercarriage legs now, fitting them will be fun It might be close but I believe that it will be presentable by the end of Friday in time for the Scottish Nationals. Gondor
  6. The Dorawings kit is a significant step forward in the products from outside the mainstream. Most of it went together very well. Most problems were self inflicted. The only significant problems with the Dorawings kit involve the nose section. That long nose probe is moulded as part of the fuselage nose and my first reaction was that it was unlikely to survive the building process. This was borne out shortly after assembly commenced when I realised that the end had gone missing and there was no trace of it so I did not know exactly how long to make the replacement. Repair was not an option. Even if possible it was bound to happen again so a replacement was made using brass tubing of various diameters but leaving the thinnest off until painting was about to start. There are several vanes supposed to fit on the probe. These are made from PE and there was no way my fingers could get them in position without them pinging off across the workbench. If anyone knows how to do it please tell me. The canopy is another problem. There were fitting problems but the real trouble for me was the masking. I could not get the masks for the window in the roof and the 'portholes' to stick in position and replacements had to be made without great success. I think that it spoils the look of the whole model. The NMF is Alclad applied over gloss black. After applying the NMF there arose a problem with the decals. See here for details https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235139192-dora-fairey-fd2-decal-problem/ The P1a was built many years ago using the Aeroclub vacform fuselage and the rest from an Airfix F3 but I thought that it should be included here for comparison as both originated at almost the same time. John
  7. Hi all - here's the cutaway - it's item 42. And I think the ammo box is just visible in this pic too: HTH Jonners
  8. Smart move designing the fins integrally, trying to line up separate fins ranks number one on my list of least favourite modelling things to do!
  9. Thank you! First build at that scale and have to say I really enjoyed it! Thank you! I do need to add the driver that comes with it. Thank you Stix! Your comment appreciated. 😁 Keith 😁
  10. Beautifully done, and great story too! Sounds like this was a special build to complete.
  11. Hello any recommendations for the Gulf Racing colours? Model is ‘RC sized’. Thanks mike
  12. Hi Pete! I'm not anticipating problems on either count tbh: I find polishing resin bucks with the Dremel and polishing compound produces a nice mirror-like finish whilst the buck walls themselves are thick enough to avoid structural integrity issues. That's a puzzler Ian. It looks as if the resin has failed to cure on portions of the right-hand object but this is not something I've encountered before. I know you use the Mars 4 - with which I'm unfamiliar as to any idiosyncracies - so all I can suggest in such a situation is a diagnostic to isolate whether the problem lies in the printer or the resin. In this regard I'd print identically-oriented parts with a different resin - something cheap like Elegoo's standard grey should suffice - to see if the same error recurs. If it doesn't, that would point toward a problem with that particular Siraya resin in relation to the printer, if it does, it would likely be a problem with ether the printer, or print settings. Apologies my friend if you've already done all that and I'm simply teaching my Dubai grandmother to suck eggs...
  13. Ha ha thanks Keith, I am really chuffed with this engine, I will get some fuel and see how it sounds😉 Thanks Alistair, really kind. Hopefully will get this part of the build done tonight. Thanks guys Chris
  14. Great progress despite the fit issues, great that you have more than enough nose weight too. Cracking job Alistair Chris
  15. Excellent finish. I've never done NMF but am working myself up to do it. But I'll be satisfied if I get the paint to stick to the model - from what I've read that's a big challenge .... but the fun is in the trying. Maybe the new Airfix starter set .......... Well done Rob
  16. Ooooooo very nice progress Alistair, looking good fella. Cracking work. Chris
  17. Not sure how it goes for armor but I found recently that even with a nice Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito that's supposed to go together easy, I would have saved myself extra sanding work if I took a little more time to test fit and make sure the parts are perfectly aligned. Trying to take that lesson forward for everything I build. If you're not getting good alignment, there's all kinds of tricky little things I've seen like wedges of plastic or sticks of sprue to get mating surfaces as close together as possible. It's funny when you see a great finished product like this, you can't tell there was so much struggle to get it to look like that!
  18. This should be good. The LC2 was a great car that deserved to be a greater success than it was but, as you say, Martini livery, what's not to like. Trevor
  19. Beautiful finish Kieth what a great scale for the subject too.
  20. As it should be. Glad it's working out Pete!
  21. Cracking job Stix you still have the magic touch even in this smaller scale. Quality work as ever.
  22. Thanks a lot for the nice comments. Decals: ✔️ Designed by Decograph, they are a bit odd. The carrier film is really thin. It merges almost perfectly with the surface when pressing the decals with a cotton bud after applying some softener. But on the other hand the coloured parts look a bit thick and they are definitely brittle. It took several applications of Daco Strong to conform them to the recesses and and air intakes, for instance. I had to "play" with the rudder decal as it was for Mirage IIIC n°91, when mine is n°46. I cut off and put upside down the "9" and was lucky to find a SAAF n°804 rudder decal in the box from which I could cut the "4"! I will have to do some touch ups with white paint but it could have been much worse!! A friend sent me some EC3/2 tail badges. Although I had the reference pictures at hand's reach, I managed to apply too low on the vertical stabiliser... Doh! Anyway, the decals bring some life to the NMF and look fine once applied: Contrarily to my habits, I will airbrush a coat of varnish because I am not sure the decals have properly adhered to the surfaces everywhere. Better be safe than sorry when I apply the washes...
  1. Load more activity