This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Coming along very well. I'm about to start my Do17z. I finished the Bf 110D and Heinkel. I'll have the Ju 88A-1 done next week.
  3. Thanks Gary. You have no idea how difficult it was. I put the glazing part together at least three times. I've been stressing for months that it would end up foggy and covered with CA.
  4. Here are the assembled subassemblies for the rear plate. And all together now. Bogies, next Not that bogie!
  5. Gidday All, thank you for your comments and responses. Chewy I'll be very interested in your HMS Trinidad when you build her. I've read an article about her sinking during a return trip from Russia. During the trip out she managed to torpedo herself. An incident occurred as a result of this that Alistair MacLean used in his 'HMS Ulysses' - the flooding of the TS. Only four of the twenty-one men in there made it out. Tragic. I've found on the net some photos of the L'Arsenal kit you mentioned which I'll be using to help me understand the plans I'm using for the superstructure, which is my next major area to tackle. And like you I prefer the 1/600 scale. I've done a few 1/700s recently, and although I enjoyed them I found the small size a bit taxing. I would like a 1/600 scale kit of the five turret HMS Dido class to be produced. It could be used for a host of conversions. Five turrets obviously, some four turret Didos (some lost 'C' turret, one lost 'X' turret) with extra pompoms or Bofors in their stead, and with a bit more work a Bellona (Royalist/Black Prince) class, and Toothless Terrors (HMS Scylla and Charybdis). That lot would keep us going for a couple of weeks years decades. And Graf Zeppelin, I read a while back that she was almost completed but never put to sea. She was used simply as a floating store before being sunk. (I'm relying on my vague and questionable memory here). So box art showing her in action is a little misleading. Anyway, on to the next update of HMS Jamaica. I've fitted the maindeck/quarterdeck to the hull. I've read that the quarterdeck was the only planked deck of the ship. Until seeing Jamie's latest I took an educated guess and went for a dark non-slip type of colour for the remaining decks. I paint I've used is Hu27, if the Humbrol tin lid can be believed. In the foreground are some of the next levels of deck. The foc'sle deck continues aft to become the catapult deck (and later boat deck) and continues on to become the aft shelter deck. The rear half of that deck is shown inverted (upside down) to show the bulkheads underneath it. I made a small error, requiring the foremost of these to be 'padded' out a bit. Once installed, who's going to know? Besides me? I'll add some more internal bulkheads before gluing the assembly to the hull. Before this deck is fitted I'll add the torpedo tubes. They sit on the main deck, under the aft shelter deck. 'A' and 'Y' turret barbettes have been fitted too. You can see the keyway in them that will allow the turrets to be removable. That's it for now. The next major area to be worked on will be the bridge superstructure. This will keep the grey matter ticking over, and give me a head-ache or six. So regards to all, and stay safe, Jeff.
  6. Wow! Beautiful work Greg! The cockpit glazing looks fantastic dude!
  7. Too soon, some may say. I, however, reckon a kill’s a kill...
  8. Today
  9. Little midnight upgrade this topic. As all know Mirage III V was very hot aircraft - 9 engine's this no joke, this very hot! Therefore, in order for the pilot not to sweat, the cockpit must have effective air exchange and heat removal. Modelsweet didn't take care of this at all in his model, unlike me: ( not finished !) I described the technology how it's maked here: but without a photo, now there is a photo for @CJP , whatever he thinks of me as a "modeller-theorist" ...and not a " modeller- terrorist" either! Of course, it would be easier to use for the imitation of this vent 1/72 Mirage III V-01/V-02 Etching Parts from NH-detail: ( Resource photo- https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/image/10455240 ) but it is expensive, not justified in terms of the composition of the set and a long wait .....easier to do yourself, as for my! .....to be continued.... B.R. Serge
  10. Hi All, Some progress. The seat as presented is incorrect for the SD version. Here's the kit assembly of the rear seat: I dispensed with the kit components (although I might add the belts). Supposedly the SD version had a bench seat which was boxed in to allow stowage of equipment. Here's the basis of the bench seat knocked up from plastic card: I gave this a couple of coats of Mid-Stone as a 'base' colour for wood: And here's the finished bench seat following a brushing with thinned Abteilung Shadow Brown oil paint (I also gave all the cockpit parts an oil wash at the same time - who says men can't multi-task ). The full-width black floor is also custom-built for the SD version. This was also made from plywood, but I've assumed that a non-slip coating would have been applied. It has also been muddied up as one would imagine that wiping of feet was not a priority during agent exfiltration! Next will be assembly of the port cockpit wall - I'll take that section by section to ensure correct location. Thanks for looking, Roger
  11. The Mk 81 was (in USAF experience) pretty well useless. About 100 lbs NEW, and they disappeared from USAF use immediately after Vietnam (and possibly before).
  12. Just a quick question or 2 about painting resin A/N hose fittings for detaling some F1 caes I have bought some of these in resin and have got clear blue and red for the finish Now for the questions, 1, what primer would you use for resin, I usually use MIG ammo 1 shot for other plastics and etch primer for PE 2, what base coat? Usually for metallics I would use gloss black under metallics etc, but it seems to be divided on this between black and silver base coats on these Many thanks Ian
  13. Interesting to see this conversion. I got parts off a guy on evilbay which are quite nice.
  14. Blue 17 of JG5 based at Forus in May 45 is interesting - but Forus is located at Sola, just outside Stavanger in Norway.
  15. So, can the Su-35 now wear a red star under the cockpit? Steve.
  16. I like the way this has come together Greg, a good looking scheme, I'm a big fan of the North African schemes by any of the combatants from the MTO. I've just stumped up for the latest boxing of this kit from Vince & Mia at Modelsforsale, I'm after the markings in it for Sonderkommando Blaich which made the daring raid on Fort Lamy, luckily for me, that one hasn't any mottling. Steve.
  17. Gidday Ray, welcome aboard. Only seven? I've got that many HMS Suffolks, Nelsons, Belfasts, and nearly that many Prinz Eugens, Repulses, Manxmans and a few others. (I'm a 1/600 scale ship modeler). Why that many? For conversions, whiffs and in the case of Belfast, spare parts. I'm sure you'll think of what do do with yours. Regards, Jeff.
  18. Curious, could that MER hold 3 Mk 82s? I heard a guy who loaded F-100s in Vietnam say he use to load 8 Mk 82s. Would that have been possible to have 3 on each MER, 6 total, and one on each outer pylon, that's 2 more making the total of 8 Mk 82s? I know that the Hun can carry more weight just wondering about the amount that MER could hold.---John
  19. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-02231-mv-22b-osprey-tanker--1026521 It's another kit I picked up off ebay from a Japanese seller. Shipping time from Japan to LA was 2 days! (yes I know Japan is a day ahead of the US)
  20. Nice to see another one of these aircraft that if it wasn’t for Heller I would know nothing about. I do quite like these new kit boxes with very usable decals, this looks like another kit that appears very buildable straight outta box. Cheers and best of luck.. Dave
  21. Now that civvie is a beauty!!!!!! Excellent job! I like that deep red very much!
  22. Oh My! That looks magnificent Tony, even better so for the personal connection you have with her Lovely work Bruce
  23. That will be an AGM-78 SRAM, forerunner of the AGM-88 HARM. It was a beast of a missile. Common training load out on the ‘Spang’ jets was one AGM-45 ‘Shrike’ and the AGM-78, although it was very common to have these swapped out with an AGM-65 ‘Maverick’ on a single launch rail. Can’t recall seeing AIM-9’s being carried but can remember AIM-7’s in the rear recesses only. I think I’m correct in saying if the inner wing pylons had any form of AGM fitted on it, then AIM-9’s couldn’t be fitted due to fin clearance issues. The ALQ-119 was always carried in the front port fuselage recess(I’m thinking back 35yrs so memory is a bit foggy).
  24. This is one of my Battle of Britain projects. This is a model of a KG 26 plane that was in the 15th of August northern raids. It was shot down into the sea, but the crew survived. The plane is an H-4 which carried the it's bombs on external racks. To achieve this I have used the ICM He 111H-3 kit and taken the external bomb rack part from the H-6 torpedo bomber kit. The 'M' is a home made decal. To see more images use this link. This Hurricane flew against these bombers in the raid.
  1. Load more activity