All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Built the Hull. It fitted like a dream. I used super glue just to "close" the last .1mm gap while I applied hand pressure. One frustrating thing is compared to the Fuso, the tabs connecting the hull halfs to the sprue aren't hidden. So quite a bit of sanding to a slight angle to make the deck flush -it isn't a 90 degree join - is needed. Here the assembled hull is vs Hood For once thinking ahead, I'm not particularly keen on the very pale wood of the Pontos deck so have been trying some stains: Left Tamiya black panel liner (orange from an Abteilung 502 mix of rust and ocher in lacquer thinner) centre is normal Pontos deck and right is actually three stains: middle Abteilung 502 ocher, bottom ocher and rust, top ocher and more rust. it looked horrid when applied but seems to have dried and doesn't look as terrible as I thought. I think I'm likely to just do the whole deck with one mix (panels always look too large on 1/350), but may play around more. Currently working on how to put all the PE on the funnels half way through one funnel and my patience ran out. Will try again tomorrow:
  3. Like this https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/254266371
  4. The Fokker is done! I will be creating an RFI soon. Now it is time work on the T-38.
  5. Hi All, Just completed this for the Boomer GB so thought I'd share in the RFI. Thread is here for anyone interested Cheers Nigel
  6. Hell, how long ago was that? It'd be from a box with a Belgian option I think & when next I open it I'd be left pondering what the heck happened here. Thanks for the mention. Steve.
  7. Hi All, This is me for the GB. Airfix 1:48 Gloster Javelin. Here's the thread for anyone interested I'm not great with a camera but there was a mention of a mirror so thought I'd have a go Cheers Nigel
  8. 38 years old this year according to Alphaville.
  9. Hello folks. i am having an hard time figuring out which one i should choose, Miniart Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. H Nibelungenwerk or Border Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H early/mid. Bouth kit`s seems to be exelent kit to use for an Normandie 1:35 Diorama cene. Operation overlord to be precise. am not out for Interiour as i gona have a comander in the cupola as the panzer fire on an sherman tank. but am as said most intrested for the one panzer that will look best on the diorama or best in general. i will get Aftermarked decals, so decals is not in focus. Thx for answear
  10. Maybe that was a function of the two distilleries...
  11. Many thanks! Power-tower glued in: Regards J-W
  12. Thanks for all for comments of my model!!!!! 😀👍 I´m very happy you liked it! Cheers, Claudio
  13. Great work Alistair... Now I'm eager to buy an Eduard cat, or 2.... And look, I made it page 2 so, I can enjoy your build !! Sincerely. CC
  14. Oh! Wow! You really dug that deep to find that. Hats off to your attention to detail. To be honest, I never thought that they would use such bright colors.
  15. Also correct. Now waiting for a third eagle eyed person to spot the bottle of red wine also just about visible 😁 Very impressed and unsurprised that a group of guitar players would also know their liquor bottles 😄
  16. Prezado, @Eles atacaram Kenny! por favor, você pode me explicar melhor essa questão? Eu mudaria/corrigiria alguma coisa no meu modelo? 😦
  17. The caravan looks a bit like the semi derelict one the old couple in the house opposite my parents had standing in their back garden in the 1950's, alongside their hen run - needless to say the hens got out quite often and probably spent more time in the caravan than their "official" enclosure. After the old man died his wife had the caravan burnt in situ as I recall. Pete
  18. Me too, @drake122 having just bought an AMK Kfir C2 1/72 :). She will be FAE too!
  19. It is indeed. I can't think of any other bottle that fits better with a rock and roll wannabe's rig, actually.
  20. Pi in the sky (I wouldn't mind World War Three, I'm kinda bored lately)
  21. More work done on the Waffenträger. Chipping effects using XF-9 hull red. Idea is to create wet rust marks. Last post before Easter. Have a good one lads. 🐰
  22. Not to worry Rob,, After all it is a FROG GB so we are not expecting anything like total accuracy - I doubt I have ever built a really accurate kit in my 65 years modelling, though the kits are getting better nowadays!😄 Pete
  23. Lots to think about. I do tend to like aircraft in used/operational finishes. My practicing with the Vallejo metals on grey seem to work.i might try a gloss black sometime, though ;). Thanks mate.
  24. For me, I'd use one of my many motor-tools to grind the majority away, then switch back to manual files once I'm close to the required level of destruction I have a drum burr that I chuck in and run at low speed, which kicks the crap out of styrene parts, which makes a quick job of removal, and is pretty controllable. I've also got a tapered grinder that's great for opening out small areas, and creating rounded corners etc. Lots of options, you've just got to have the right tools for the job
  1. Load more activity