All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. All options are being considered... 😀 J
  3. Hello CorsairF4U Very interesting photo! It is such a pity that it's in the backlight & cannot be investigated more precisely. Do you know if the color of the overspray was dark blue or black? Do you know what #10 in the foreground has under the windshield? Except -5Ns that few were black, do you know if there any -2s that were completely painted in black?
  4. Unfortunately, you are not right in one case, Piotr. Nowadays, Limited Edition is a simple dual pack with the same extras as ProfiPack. However, in the past it was as you described - filled with extras like resin. Recent Limited Edition have no extras apart from PE. I think the best Limited, that has been relesaed in a last few years, was Tempest Mk.II with a great book.
  5. Love the vid - and thank you for sending me down a YouTube rabbit hole! 🤣
  6. Lovely looking models. I lost the nose probe on my FD2, and I agree about the masks.
  7. Looks great. Anigrand craftworks do a 'mig 31' Firefox in resin.
  8. Hello Dears, Ooooh look at that..... There was an almost finished Mustang .... What about pushing it to the RFI ?? But, We first have to push the limits of cutting out transparencies.... Since the Pre-cut glass left from the accurate Miniature Mustang didn't fit to the ICM one Which is a blatant copy of the Accurate.... Mission accomplished... But sanding it was an airy job..... And now the finished product in situ.... On we go for 8 hours of funny roadside car fixing..... Under the rain squalls but wait.... No rain ??? Noooo... but sub zero temperatures.....🥶🥶 SNAFU to the bones.... since we are at the end of April..... Have a great modelling day... CC awaiting for retirement...
  9. Today
  10. Thanks @Mycapt65. The damage report is in and it looks like it's just a flesh wound. What looked like wrinkled paint was crazed gloss coat. I started sanding it with Micromesh and didn't like the lack of progress, so I thought I'd get more aggressive. I used the finer sanding sticks on the canopy edges, and a paper towel soaked in IPA on the model. That took out most of the gloss coat, then I sanded it down with Micromesh. IMG_4458 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4459 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr I will let it dry for a day, just in case, and spray another coat of Gloss Sea Blue. I have also researched alternative coatings and I may try them on this model still. Interestingly, the bottom part of the model, coated with Testors, looks fine as do areas painted with Tamiya paint. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I added decals to the propellers. IMG_4460 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr Interesting how the data decals on the propeller differ. Turns out the fainter one is partly because the base colour is out of register with the top yellow. In this case, I like the effect. I'm also researching the colour scheme for the -7 so I can work on it while I wait for things to dry on the -6. Hasegawa offers two sets of wing stripe decals, as they varied by squadron, yet I don't trust decals for stripes so I'll be painting them. I found a picture of my chosen subject in Suez markings, sporting different wheels than when it was delivered (which was my original reference picture). I might use the -6's aftermarket wheels. Cheers, Wlad
  11. Very nice build, love the paint!
  12. Nice looking build! I have this kit, just have to get around and build it...
  13. More beautiful work- as always, Fuad! Your builds are such a treat!
  14. Nice looking build! You're doing it right- learning as you go, and especially, having fun!
  15. I think you might be correct there Dcrfan. The '$' sign for the Argentine Peso threw me. That being the case it looks like only US$ 6.32. Now that's a better price. I'll see what they say about the shipping/postage cost.
  16. they're embedded in jello (Did you guys get that '60s craze where grandma or one of the aunties would mold entire salad bars into the gelatinized shape of a fish? Worse, fish molded into lime jello! Yuck)
  17. Okay. The Royal Class boxing should be sold at the end of April. Means now! But I don‘t know whats in the box. Markings and so on? I don‘t want to order a cat in the cradle.
  18. If it's the same Academy kit I built a couple of years ago, watch out for the non-existent dihedral. I should have done a dry-fit. 😒
  1. Load more activity