This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 71chally

Phantom FG1

ah yes, 43 and 111 were the FG.1 Squadrons, however both had the odd FGR.2 at some stage, including XV406 which operated with both units.
  3. stevej60

1/72 Canadian CH-113A Rescue / Sauvetage

Good start Richard,should be a stunner in that scheme.
  4. Antti_K

TP52 - Canberra T.Mk.11

Hello Daniel, your Canberra (Blyertspennan) looks great! Waiting for more. Cheers, Antti
  5. Toe

Display cabinets...

If you're lucky you can get something already built for it or easily fudged nearby even better still if there's a shop display/counter off Fleabay/Gumtree, Just first example I've come across to show what I'm getting at https://www.gumtree.com/retail-display/england https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-ANTIQUE-HABERDASHERY-SHOP-COUNTER-DISPLAY-CABINET-UNIT/123703436103 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/glass-display-shop-cabinet-London-Queensway-W24QP/264052020296
  6. robw_uk

Hobby Boss TAS 44-M

the reason I was "rushing" on the end was that this was part of a campaign build on Armorama which ends this weekend. I think I have too much to do and little time to do it to hit that so will continue with more. I had planned rusting up the spare tracks and doing some scratches and dust (including wheels/main tracks of course)
  7. stevej60

HobbyBoss 1/72 SH-60F Oceanhawk

Love these Helicopter's and HB's helicopter kit's in general,that's a little beauty and a helluva scheme too.
  8. Mig Eater

+++Film, Fictional and Speculative GB: at 30!

I'm not sure what I'll make yet, the theme of this GB is pretty board & covers most of the stuff I'd normally build, so I could probably just enter whatever I'm building at the time of the GB :P With that said though I have the Zoukei-Mura kit of the Edelweiss tank, this GB might be a good excuse to finally build it.
  9. TheBaron

Listening to the Solstice

I'm reminded of Mr B's earsome ditty in this respect! I'd forgotten the Louvre had a branch out there Ian! The debate still rumbles on in art history as to whether or not some of the Dutch artists resorted to ptical aids such as camera obscura doesn't it? I'm not an expert of any kind in this area but given the growth and interest in optics in Europe during that period (plus the manner in which the humanities historically liked to write science out of the master narrative of artistic 'genius'), I'm not at all hostile to the idea that these artists were intelligent enough to look at the world around them in such open-minded ways. Evidence is not of course easy to discern, but curiosity in such matters is such a powerful drive you can't discount it. You only have to look at how adept and observant so many people are here on this forum to get a sense of that capacity! V. kind of you CC. Luckily the IBS takes my mind of the back pain! 'Huwaei's new smartwatch: users report performance issues.' 'Fragrance in court!' Nurse! The screens! Hi Anthony, and welcome to the forum! That cutter does indeed look useful and I'd been ruminating over it myself a while back. Iirc though a at least one reviewer complained about the limited measuring scale on it which compromised its usability as a tool for consistently cutting multiple length in millimetres. Can confirm that GG is an excellent product: have used the thin version for etch - it sticks tenaciously. The thicker blend I've used happily on transparencies also with good results. Hear! Hear! (In fact I'm off to one in Dublin tomorrow...) Were you in it CC? #belgianbeefcake Glued a bit of brass frame onto the turret this morning but without - it has to be said - much enthusaism. Resorted to GS-Hypo in the end as for some reason the GG refused to hold it in place on the curve. No idea why but it didn't improve the mood. Maybe the bent posture and medication leaving me a bit subdued this morning: with that and heading over to Dublin tomorrow for a large family lunch I reckon a day or two away from the bench will help clear the air. Bright and lovely spring day here so nowt at all to complain about.... Hope you're getting to enjoy the weather in your respective territories! Tony
  10. stevej60

Horsa D-Day

That's superb Bill,finish is as it should be as most of these Glider's were one flight only machine's and I'm as guilty as anybody for lovely masked perfect D-Day stripes of which most were not,one to be very proud of there!
  11. Antti_K

Phantom FG1

Thanks James I was remembering that only 43 Squadron had FG.1s... Cheers, Antti
  12. Aerocraft models. Ali62 on here is a member.
  13. Hello all, Like many of us of a certain age, I grew up watching Space 1999 in the 70's. Looking back at it now, it's pretty cheesy, but the classic design of the utilitarian Eagle Transporter endures. I was smitten as a kid, and had the Dinky Eagle, in lurid green paint, and restored one a couple of years ago. I also got hold of the old Airfix 1/72 kit a few years ago, but when the 1/48 scale MPC Eagle kit was announced, I just had to have one. I was saving it for my retirement, so now's the time! Here's the box: ..and for those interested, here's the sprues: That's what the sprues look like when you spend three consecutive evenings cutting off and cleaning up 308 parts, many of which are round rods with a mould seam up both sides. I'm not sure how visible those seams will be on the finished article, but better safe than sorry. I separated the parts into plastic containers so I wouldn't get them mixed up: Comparing the beak to the 9" long Dinky toy I restored gave me my first impression of how big it'll be - referring to it as the 22" Eagle is all very well, but it's only when you get the bits in your hands that you start to wonder where on earth (or moon) you're going to put it afterwards: I hd a glueing frenzy last night, and many of the subassemblies are ready to have their seams dealt with...more when that happens... Cheers, Dean
  14. 71chally

Phantom FG1

Hi Antti, XV583 was an FG.1, as were XV582 and XV574 on the kits' decals.
  15. Beardie

FOUR What it’s Worth

cripes I'm reading double
  16. Mottlemaster

P-61B Black Widow- Sleepy Time Gal

Looks like its been captured by the Luftwaffe and painted over
  17. bentwaters81tfw

Does anybody give a grump?!!

Apparently the contractor 'forgot' to build it on a copper grid.
  18. Corsairfoxfouruncle

Vietnam

Oooh oooh me me please count me please !!! I need an M113 ACAV or a Gun truck to go with my M48
  19. Your Spirit is looking great, my friend. Still think she would look at home in a Star Wars movie. Thanks for sharing with us. Chris.
  20. bentwaters81tfw

FOUR What it’s Worth

Monty Python's Flying Circus (just pipped to the post)
  21. Bonhoff

FOUR What it’s Worth

Monty Python's Flying Circussssss
  22. vppelt68

AZ models 1/72 bf109 replacement open canopys

Some AZm boxings include both the early and the later "Erla" canopies. An open Erla can be built by cutting the rear parts off the 3-piece affair, leaving you just the windscreen section, and vice versa on the 2-piece one. Scale drawings show some differences between those winscreens. In 1:72, yeah right, tell me that they are visible
  23. Max Headroom

FOUR What it’s Worth

and electric kazoo. It’s
  24. Beautiful Moa. I can remember the Archaeopteryx for 2 reasons. One - I couldn't say it when I was young (I couldn't say Pterodactyl either!) two, I remember it in an old 40/50s Aeromodeller magazine of my Dads. I have also seen the real one many moons ago at the Shuttleworth Collection at Biggleswade. Beautiful little aeroplane. Cheers Malcolm
  25. JosephLalor

Frog Squad Model Kits GB 1/6 to 22/9/2019

Was the Emhar Anatra Anasal originally by Red Star? If so, it would be one of four Red Star kits (the others being the MiG-3, Yak-3 and LaGG-3), reputedly developed by FROG engineers.
  1. Load more activity