This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. chrislowe

F-106 Delta Dart “What If”

Looking forward to seeing more of this build. Interesting concept, and a good start on the cockpit.
  3. Pete in Lincs

Scratch Build of 1951 Pullman Carriage

Well up to standard as always, and as said above, nice to see it back. I saw a rake of coaches in these colours passing through Lincoln last week.
  4. Agriamodeling

Leopard 2a7

Hi Soeren, Having the same Meng kit in my stash, I am in, too. Tamas
  5. Hi guys, saw a photo of a russian soldier looking at a destroyed panther turret dug into the street somewhere in berlin and thought it would make a nice little dio. The cobbles and building were all made using hard foam and a brick former pressed into foam
  6. Exito Decals strikes back with two news sets available both in 1/48 and 1/72 scale. Their 3rd decal set is entitled “Sexy Spitfires” and includes markings for three aircraft: - Spitfire LF Mk.Vb (EN921), coded YO-A of No. 401 Sqn RCAF, flown by F/O Jack Sheppard, Redhill / Staplehurst / Biggin Hill, UK, July-October 1943. - Spitfire LF Mk.VIII (MT841), coded U of No. 2 Sqn RIAF, Kohat, British India, spring 1946. - Spitfire LF Mk.IXe (TA864), coded LW-L of No. 318 (Gdanski) Sqn RAF, flown by P/O Zdzisław Uchwat, Risano near Udine, Italy, May-June 1945. All aircraft feature sexy nose art which is rarely seen on Supermarine Spitfires. For the very first time, artwork and markings of MT841 are correctly reproduced in decal form. The decal sheet was printed by industry leader, Cartograf of Italy, which ensures top printing quality and ease of application. This set is available directly from the manufacturer: - in 1/48 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED48003-148-Sexy-Spitfires-Supermarine-Spitfire-LF-Mk-Vb-VIII-IXe/49231 - in 1/72 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED72003-172-Sexy-Spitfires-Supermarine-Spitfire-LF-Mk-Vb-VIII-IXe/49230 1/48 1/72 Their 4th decal set is entitled “Luftwaffe Ground Attackers vol.1” and covers three different German assault aircraft: - Junkers Ju 87 D-3, W.Nr. 100082 (Stkz. BP+DD), coded T6+HN of 5./StG. 2, Achtirskaya, USSR, early summer 1942. - Henschel Hs 129 B-2, W.Nr. 0140405, coded <▲+H of 4.(Pz)/Sch.G. 1, USSR, summer 1943. - Focke-Wulf Fw 190 F-8, coded Winkel Dreieck, flown by Maj. Theodor Nordmann, Kommandeur of II./SG 3, Riga-Spilve, Latvia, August 1944. The markings for the Stuka named ‘Hundesohn’ (‘Son of a bitch’) and Fw 190 F-8 of the famous ace, Maj. Nordmann (awarded with Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords), have never been reproduced in decal form before, whilst this particular Hs 129 did not receive enough attention from other manufacturers. Decals contain a bonus set of stencils for the Hs 129, which are mostly missing or are incorrectly depicted in the decals supplied with Hasegawa and Italeri kits. This set is available directly from the manufacturer: - in 1/48 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED48004-148-Luftwaffe-Ground-Attackers-vol.1-Ju-87-D-3%2C-Hs-129%2C-Fw-190F-8/49233 - in 1/72 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED72004-172-Luftwaffe-Ground-Attackers-vol.1-Ju-87-D-3%2C-Hs-129%2C-Fw-190F-8/49232 1/48 1/72 More images can be found on the linked product pages. Also check their FB page for announcements on foreign distributors and new items, reviews, etc.: https://www.facebook.com/Exito-Decals
  7. Pete in Lincs

Aston Martin barn find

Well smart. I can smell the dust from here!
  8. pat d

Hellcat lights and antenna wire

EDIT! Apologies I have the spine light colors reversed The forward light is clear the rear is blue. I mistakenly used a restoration in a museum. Here are WW2 color photos
  9. chris57

What was your first single and album.

First single A Scottish Soldier by Andy Williams, shut up in the 2/6d's. Can't remember the first album but I recall going to Thomas Whites' in Aldershot on a Saturday afternoon where you could play the latest music in the little booths on the top floor.
  10. Valkyrie

Has there ever been a Sukhoi GB?

I’d sign up for a Suckhoi build with a 22 or 25 a 27 or 33 on all of em...great idea
  11. Enzo Matrix

+++Film, Fictional and Speculative GB: at 30!

I'm thinking along the lines of "What if the Hawker Sea Fury reached service a year before it actually did?" A Sea Fury in British Pacific Fleet markings: would that fit in with this GB?
  12. Tony Edmundson

Last Northrop N9M Crashes

THEY rescued it from a scrap heap; THEY spent many years and their own money to restore it; and as a result many more people saw it fly than would ever wander into the museum. Passion aside, aircraft are meant to fly, but they are mere machines. So what if it is the last one to fly. Tony
  13. canberra kid

Phantom FG1

@71chally James I've had a look in the Phantom mod list and the only mention of the change to EDSG in it is this, highlighted in yellow, unfortunately there is no date! unless it's there and I've missed it, I don't speak military John
  14. C'mon Ced, it's just a big red stripe, why don't you just paint it on? Looking good with stickers on Ciao
  15. I very nearly became a motorcycle courier in Dublin. I was out of work had no bike but was experienced. A friend knew a friend who knew a bank manager managed to get me a loan for a bike. Yes it does sound pretty dodgy. But just before I collected on the loan. I got a job maybe that was lucky because motorbike couriers were 'self employed'. They were also noted for their, lets say 'spirited' approach to crossing the city making their deliveries. Now I was well used to riding a bike in the city and had plenty of near misses because I was brain off hooligan on bikes. It was never a job with a future. In fact it seems to have died a death and been replaced by bicycle couriers who have a similar spirited attitude to making their deliveries with less risk to anyone but themselves. In a previous job I was often used to make deliveries on my motorbike which was a great break from my normal desk job. Better, I got expenses at car rates. One trip generated £60 in expenses. Plus I also used the opportunity to use up an afternoon and only turning up again at 4:30. The most memorable trip was the time I was urgently called up and told to get to Aer Lingus Head office, pick up a cheque and lodge it to the bank nearby. 'Make sure' I was told with great emphasis, ' to tell the bank that they expected interest for today'. Back in those pre electronic days. I had to fill in a deposit slip. Imagine my surprise when I opened the envelope and saw the amount, over £750,000, yes three quarters of a million. Imagine the surprise of the man beside me who glanced over at the scruffy biker and literally jumped when he saw the cheque. I played it cool and briefly wondered if I could lodge it to my account 'accidentally'. I didn't feel a bit guilty about claiming my expenses that day. A few days later there was another urgent collection, disappointingly it was 'only' for £275,000. Meh, peanuts. But I was able to say that I lodged a million pounds into a bank account. Just not my bank account.
  16. Vultures1

1/72 MQ-8B Fire Scout

That is a really tidy piece of work ... and tiny too! Had you not posed it next to a pot of enamel I would have thought it much larger. Great work!
  17. giemme

Listening to the Solstice

You gotta be kidding me, Tony. You really gotta be kidding me. That gun is a work of sorcery, and I'm in no way going to believe it's the result of normal human job.... Impressive! Ciao
  18. Troy Smith

Airfix 1/32nd US Paratroopers

out of curiosity, while playing with the Flickr editor, I made a couple into B/W out of curiosity, as most WW2 photos are B/W US Para Thompson 50620709 by losethekibble, on Flickr US Para grenade 50620712 by losethekibble, on Flickr
  19. Ozzy

Help For Heroes Needs Your Help

Thanks Gorby, any contribution would be greatly received.
  20. Fit isn't too bad, some filling to do.
  21. Pete in Lincs

Listening to the Solstice

There was me thinking BMX and a plywood ramp, but then you said he's taller than you. So unless you're the stunt double for R2-D2 I'm guessing motorbike. Therefore speed was involved. Ouch. Commiserations. And yes, you never stop worrying about them. Of course, we all have the required doming cavity lying around in the shed, though I'm rather worried about the use of the word bung. Especially from someone who can seemingly magic a 3D machine gun from a lump of nondescript metal. Ah, so it's him doing all that cold calling. I shall boycott his village and take an alternate route in future, That way I won't splash Baldrick when driving through the puddles. @general melchett will have to hose the wretch down himself. That'll learn him!
  22. Valkyrie

I soooo want to build this GB (My Ultimate Build)

WOW yeah I’ve watched those videos a 100 times! That WOULD be the ultimate build indeed. Polish F-16 in 1/32 sounds just as great!!
  23. spruecutter96

Aston Martin barn find

OK, so now you've showed us some pictures of the real barn and car you based you diorama on. Can we see some shots of your models as well please? Oh, hold on a minute.... This is some of the best building and painting skills I've ever seen. The whole thing is a real tribute to you. Thanks for sharing with us. Chris.
  24. Tiger331

What's flying over your house? Thread #2

15 minutes ago over downtown Tallinn. It's the Estonian Defence Forces Veterans Day today and the Army Air Corps did a neat little flypast in honour of the fallen or wounded Estonian comrades that stood alongside us in Iraq and Afghanistan. Flew right over our apartment
  25. Valkyrie

Fw 190 one shot ship killer

If there are any folks who like me were brush paint only, I tried tamiya spray cans on one project and have been hooked ever. since. It really is fabulous stuff. Great even thin realistic finish. I still love the artistic concentration and technique with pushing paint around with the brush and thus far have only used the rattle cans for larger areas. I have now developed an artistic flair technique with my can which I envisage some of the airbrush guys have too. Anyway, these cans are worth a shot. This is one coat of the Tamiya RLM light blue AS-5 on top of the bare plastic, no primer, save for watered down black capillaried into the Airfix deep panel lines.
  26. FortyEighter

I soooo want to build this GB (My Ultimate Build)

As I never even got started in the Flanker GB I too could be attracted by this idea for a special group build. At the time I was contemplating building the pair that went to the 2017 Malta Air Show. Lots of extras in the boxes. But there again, my 1/32 F-16I is crying out to be built (with some modifications to represent a Polish aircraft). Plenty of time to look through the other unmade boxings too. Mike
  1. Load more activity