All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Released - ref. PE7270 - Westland Scout AH.1 - British Army Source: https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_26_86&products_id=4254 V.P.
  3. Released - ref. PE7271 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 - International service (Royal Navy, Dutch Navy, RNZAF)K https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_26_86&products_id=4253 V.P.
  4. You seem to be sorted but for the record Krystal clear would NOT be suitable to produce this style of marker lights. Being a PVA type liquid it shrinks as it sets, this is fine for windows* where there is all around support. For wing tip marker lights, where there in no all around support, the best that could be achieved is a blob which, due to its nature could not be worked into shape or polished to the required clarity. * Aside from the meniscus at the edges Krystal clear will only produce flat windows.
  5. Hi, Here's my rendition of an Argentine F4U-5 late in its service life. Details of this build, together with an AU-1 (F4U-6) and a F4U-7 are found here: Kit: Hasegawa 09075 (JT75) - F4U-5N Corsair, 2001 Paints: Alclad - ALC 117 Dull Aluminum, ALC 121 Burnt Iron, ALC 309 Black Primer & Microfiller Mig - A.MIG 0047 Satin White Mission Models - MMM005 Aluminum, MMP063 Light Gull Grey FS 36440 Model Master - 4749 Engine Gray, 4757 Aircraft Interior Black, 4851 Yellow Zinc Chromate, 17178 Chrome Silver Polly Scale - 505096 US Interior Green A/N611, 505252 British Dark Earth, 505260 British Middlestone, 505264 British Extra Dark Sea Gray Tamiya - LP-2 White, X-10 Gun Metal, X-14 Sky Blue, X-17 Pink, X-19 Smoke, XF-1 Flat Black, XF-2 Flat White, XF-7 Flat Red, XF-16 Flat Aluminum, XF-19 Sky Grey, XF-26 Deep Green, XF-69 NATO Black, XF-85 Tire Black, TS-13 Clear, TS-80 Flat Clear, Fine Grey Primer Vallejo - 71.062 Aluminium, 71.065 Steel, 71.300 Glossy Sea Blue Johnson’s Future Aftermarket: Aztec Models 48-042 decals Ultracast 48192 - F4U Corsair / F6F Hellcat Wheels Radial Tread (32” x 8” late style wheels) True Details TD48497 instrument panel Scratch built: Seat armrests, reflector gunsight, instrument panel “eyebrow” switches and wiring bundles, drop tank vent and feed hose, tail gear holdback ring, DF loop cover, propeller governor, distributor and magneto covers, radio altimeter antenna, aerial wire antenna, wingtip navigation lights, main gear brake lines. On to the pictures. IMG_4420 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4412 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4411 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4410 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4409 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4413 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4419 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4418 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4417 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4415 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr IMG_4407 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr Thanks for looking, and thank you all who contributed to the Work in Progress. Wlad
  6. HI Pete, I'm glad it's beginning to pass the eye test! As I was very curious about whether I could get the suspension to work out, I went ahead and soldiered through my front leaf packs, and temporarily attached the front axle - I needed to know 😥! Ahh - feel better now! You can see the dilemma I was wrestling with - did I get the axle centerlines to match? and happily, yes, sitting level! And a close up - clearly a dry fit! but, the bottom line is it is close! And thanks, the rig is taking on a stout look. Clearly there is more to go, but it's a lot easier to do when the basic layout is right. Thanks for having a look - Cheers Nick
  7. Hope this link works, it’s an article you might find interesting on this subject: https://www.flightjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SundayRide.pdf
  8. Today
  9. Am I the only one getting a Babylon 5 vibe here? Cheers, Chris.
  10. Depend on the desired outcome. If you just want to get rid of the wheel well do as Mike suggests and hack away at the part with mini-power tools, finessing the finsh until you can fit any replacement. If you want to transplant the part and need to keep the fuselage the scribing method, whilst laborious, is best. If you want to transplant the part and are not worred about the fuselage then hack around the part with said power tools, modelling knife or saw, leavng a margin that can be removed & finnessed once the part is free and more managable.
  11. Hello, So, things did not go as planned with the finishing touches. I think my CA is at end of life for it took forever to secure the fishing line I used for the aerials. When not holding the aerial in place and waiting for things to dry, I checked my references and discovered I needed to make two "dorsal fin" antennas for the -6 and -7 as the ones supplied are too short. IMG_4406 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr Left is the antenna provided, which is fine for the -5 and some -6, followed by the longer ones needed for the -6 and -7 I'm building. The rightmost item is the aerial post. And here's a shot of the drop tanks after some detail painting. IMG_4408 by Wlad Franco-Valias, on Flickr And if you want to see more of the -5 check out the RFI : Cheers, Wlad
  12. Yes, it's 23 years old model from AMtech.
  13. Hi Pete. If you hadn't shown the boxart, I don't think I would have recognized the starting point, which is a good thing, as I see the finished item and think, "yes, that all works well". Oh, I didn't look at the other pics because, well, actually I did, sorry. Cheers, Chris.
  14. Its because they can't get the wood you know...
  15. That's something we're all aware of. Has been done on Rails first e-mail & not received any more even though they are notorous for sending several per week. I'm also aware that you can ask for a copy of all data held by a company about you so that you have an opportunity to have it corrected and that it is possible to ask/tell a company to 'forget' you digitally however, being awre of how databases work, the latter probably only adds a marker to exclude your record from certain quries of the information.
  16. I am really sorry. I was too quick in reading 6 1/2 m. Please accept my apologies.
  17. Details, details now. Sanding and re-profilingremoved some of the panel and rivet/fastener detail along the upper centreline. There’s a removable hatch between the pilot and observer’s canopy. I replaced this with some AK metal foil tape, suitably embossed for the fasteners. Ditto for the split dinghy access hatch aft of the Observer. This stuff is just thick enough to subtly highlight the panels. You can also see the insulated entrance points for the wireless aerial. One of the vents on the port side of the engine cowling needs to be removed for a Mark I. Drilled out, filled with some stretched sprue from the kit, and puttied/scraped/sanded flush. Leave it for a Mark II. I have also settled on replacement exhausts. The kit parts are on the left in the photo below, and are very plain. The centre set are resin from CMK, meant for a Defiant. The ones on the right are from the Eduard Mk IA Spitfire and are the ones I have chosen. Why? The exhausts should pretty much fill up the provided slot in the cowling front to back, and the CMK (and kit ones) are too short to do this. A little ratting around in the spares collection and I came up with the Eduard ones, which are noticeably longer, and fill the hole much better. Is the slot too long? Maybe, but at this stage I’m not going to angst about a millimetre here or there. Need to add the pilot’s windscreen but it’s now basically up to the point of a wash, mask up of the transparencies, and off to the paint shop.
  18. Thanks George. I think I've found why I have this itch to do this stuff. It seems to be very deep rooted in my subconcious. I grew up avidly watching Gerry Anderson's TV programmes. Especially Thunderbirds. The other evening on the tube I found 'Kitbashing on Thunderbirds'. It went through all the different iterations of what they did to the basic B-58 Hustler and F-104 Starfighter (and other) kits that were available back then, to make different Aircraft of all sorts. Plus bits of them were used as set decoration or even on vehicles. So I blame Derek Meddings, and the model guys there. Not Guilty M'lud! The Devil Thunderbirds made me do it!
  19. This looks suitably heavy duty already. I like those resin wheels. Good and chunky. Nice save with the hubs too.
  20. Hi all, Looking for options for decals for the PSC kits of these vehicles. Anyone got any good sheet options? The Lloyd will be probably a Normandy vehicle or one used on the way to Germany. Probably towing a 6 pounder. The Universals will probably be North Africa or Malta based. I tend to do 7th Armoured but willing to try options. Thanks in advance.
  21. FWIW, there were at least two HMS Jaguars, one a J-class Destroyer from early WW2, and a Type 41 Leopard class Frigate named after the first one. (I was surprised that I didn’t find a frigate or 74 gun SoL from Nelson’s time…) There’s also a USS Jaguar, and Armadillo-class Tanker from 1944-1946. Finally, there is a USS Jaguar from the Star Trek (gaming) universe.
  22. Its the colors-Leading edge is medium grey and the aft part ghost grey
  1. Load more activity