All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well, my Exeter is 99.9% complete! I finished the boats and glued them in place, total of 10 boats of different sizes and types. Rigging was added to each boat and cranes. In the case of the forward row boats, scratch-built rope winch reels were added. Minor modifications to the boat cranes as they represented some parts that are only used while deploying the boats, not while stored. Lots of time was devoted to thingies and dingies all over the ship, like these chain links in front of the wave breaker, no idea what they were used for. Around 80 figures were painted representing different uniform types, helmets were added to the crew of the secondary armament. The total of figures adding these to the ones that I had already added to the bridge area is around 100. And enjoyed very much gluing the figures wherever I wanted! Secondary armament got full crew of gunners/loaders. I added crew to the signal flags decks as well. Notice that the hull sides are still too clean, some weathering was added later, not much, the Exeter shows up quite clean in most pictures, even in the ones at the Falklands after the battle (I mean apart from the damage of course) Not forgetting the rear castle. Notice the ceremonial cannons. And some sailors looking last minute for their posts. The intricate hydroplanes platform is to me the most attractive part of the Exeter. After having glued everything in place, some additional retouches of weathering were added to the hull and superstructure, using Raw umber artist oils. And a final dull coat was applied (Tamiya Flat) And of course, I could not resist taking picture of it side by side with its archenemy, the Graf Spee. And so... why 99.9% complete? It is still missing the signal flags that informed the position of the Graf Spee at the beginning of the Battle of the River plate, E322. Still need to order them! I hope that you enjoyed this project as much as I did! Will post pictures of the final result after I add the signal flags. Marco
  3. Likewise, but it’s frustrating how many seem to have uncuffed propellors when I have a paucity of those in the stash!
  4. Released - ref. SVM-14004 - Lockheed C-130W.2 Hercules - DERA "Snoopy" weather research aircraft https://www.modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/c-130k-w2-snoopy-222 V.P.
  5. Today
  6. Different tooling indeed but still made by Amodel. From the perspective of the quality of the parts and the difficulty of build, the two companies can be treated as one.
  7. Because there are a few well known investment firms which have taken the position that if a company does not align itself with the investment firms ESG (environment, social, governance) stand they will be downgraded or dropped altogether. Basically, it's corporate blackmail.
  8. About to decal up a Phantom for the NATO GB then I'm planning on making a start on her
  9. While I don't know if Amodel did the tooling for the C-130W.2 and EC-130Q or not, although it is probable as they and Sova-M work closely together, these are not the same kits as previous releases of the C-130 in 1/144 from Amodel or the Sova-M EC-130V. These are completely different toolings.
  10. Released - ref. 72101 Ilyushin Il-76MF "Candid" https://modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/il-76mf-military-transporter-219 V.P.
  11. I like it a lot. Nice display with the other vehicles and figures. 🙂 Nigel
  12. G'day, thanks Jamie. It's been a couple of years now and I sometimes forget what I learned during research for a build. Regards, Jeff.
  13. You've eaten at Burgerking ? ( and along those lines I have a story. When I was in highschool, I dated a girl that worked at a well known fast food chain .... I won't say which one, ... She told me that they scrubbed the milkshake machine with the same brush they cleaned the toilet with. ...... we didn't date for very long ...)
  14. Nice one Tim, I like your take on the splinter camo, it really looks good on this. Steve.
  15. Thanks Steve, I just worked out how to make the pic bigger 👍
  16. A few Nato birds mostly British. Good luck with your builds.
  17. Many years ago, we're talking 60 & maybe a bit, my Grandad, who was an inveterate fossicker in second hand shops, gave me a small book of Airliner profiles. From memory, it was probably published in the States, was about pocket book size, printed on a horizontal format (landscape) & had quite simple colour profiles of airliners in various Airline liveries. It covered from prop liners to early jets ie, 707s & DC-8, I think. I've searched google for this on many occasions & never found anything close but have long thought I'd like a copy for old times sake. I don't recall it having any photos nor much in the way of captions but after that time am a bit hazy on that. The cover was predominantly blue I think, maybe with a profile or two on it? Anyone got any ideas on this. It sounds like a long shot but a similar search some years ago paid off. Steve.
  18. Thought I'd mention, I ended up peeling those red wing panels off. They definitely didn't want to have anything to do with being on my model! 😆 So I very easy peeled them right off, masked & airbrushed them red. This is on my other Shepherd's Grover. I don't want to have to it to this one if I can help it. Whoever designed and thought of those "Eduard" peely film decals needs putting up against a wall!
  19. Yesterday
  20. I like it. I bought one of these recently & from your small image (hint ) it looks to build quite well. I'll be happy if I can get a similar result to yours. Steve.
  21. Hi All I'm not sure if this belongs here but it is a flying machine I guess. Having seen one of these built by a friend at my local clubs meet I thought I give it another go. The last time I built this I was but a lad and it came with a Hercules. This is the Airfix classic kit built straight from the box using decals from the spares box. It's showing its age as I think I spent more time cleaning it up than actually building it. But boy have I enjoyed it, I already have another on the go. C'mon Airfix how about a newly tooled Mk2. Hope you like it Regards Glenn.
  1. Load more activity