All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @Maddoxx77 Talking of rubber and plastic parts I found this.
  3. There’s been a hiatus for various reasons but I’ve created some time to get going again. I’ve painted the wings before joining to get a nice demarcation on the leading edge. There was a little bit of cleaning up needed, but nothing too taxing. The interior is rudimentary in the least which would be fine with a Novo canopy but the Falcon canopy is crystal clear and thin so something is needed. Therefore I’ve added some stringers and IPs long with something to represent the large circular control wheels characteristic of the Master. And a rear bulkhead.
  4. I have a pic on my hard drive showing a Tomcat with wings spread , slats flaps deployed and canopy open while receiving a treatment by the maintenance crew on the carrier. B/r Michael
  5. Great looking model and imaginative use of old club wrappers. I especially like the weathering effects.
  6. I can just imagine Mad Max driving around in that. Good start Maddoxx. Definitely one to keep an eye on. John.
  7. This little example of one of His Majesty's Land Ships has been haunting my airing cupboard for the last six or seven weeks as I've waited for layers of paint, masking fluid, more paint, and varnish to dry. I think I spent more time cleaning my airbrush between layers than I did actually working on the model. There are quite a few photos of these novel vehicles in service in their Solomon J. Solomon camouflage but they're so splattered with mud it's hard to tell what the actual pattern is so I've gone with a best average. If I had had more time I might have changed the tracks: the original had simple hinged flat plates like those on early steam agricultural machines. Happily, the parts from the 2009 sprue fitted nicely on Airfix's 1967 tooled hull. The only tricky part was fitting the supplementary steering gear at the stern, and a clandestine raid on Her Indoors' sewing box to capture a needle and thread to join the track ends.
  8. Just shows what can be done with an old model and patience. So glad that you stayed true to old modelling without replacing 95% of it with aftermarket stuff. Great model.
  9. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to do much work, loads of things going on; trips to Scotland for the rugby, our bathroom being taken apart and rebuilt (still going on) and multiple health appointments. Finally got round to starting some work on the Blenheim and others. Built up the wing inner parts and added the undercarriage legs.
  10. Just as an FYI, the ancient Tamiya offering, whlist being less detailed is actually more accurate in terms of dimensions
  11. Hi Daniel Campanula was a near sister ship to HMS Mignonette that I'm close to completing in 1/350 - you may want to check it out in "Work in Progress" Rob
  12. It is very tight and I had to use a little filler but it is not too bad. I have not been able to source a belly tank for the Xtrakit so I made a cast from the Airfix kit and created a resin one which is a little crude but hopefully ok. A little polishing and some primer and we will see how it looks.
  13. Neat looking plane and nice finish. Looks like a B29 killer. I like the 4 blade props. You don't do many multi engine planes so this one must be special!! Cheers...Rich
  14. Nice work Alain. Those Eduard 109s come out really well. Great paint job once again. Cheers...Rich
  15. Hello, I bought the recommended book (Shipcraft Special - Flower Class Corvettes - by John Lambert) and I'm going to study the differences. There are two models that use the same Snowberry base with some modifications, the HMS Buttercup and the HMS Campanula. I will research the differences and see if they are possible. Thank you all very much for your help! Daniel
  16. So, on to the canopies. As you can see, a mold line down the middle. Why do they do that? So, first of all, look at a few YouTube videos... Let's get the tools ready. I've had these hanging about for years, just getting to finally put my money where my hands are. Next, gradually remove the mold line with the scalpel... WARNING! Do not try and use a high speed, 240V Dremel with polishing compound! I melted the plastic. OK, so I'm learning! So, after a stiff whisky, this is how they turned out. The scratches are from the cutting board, the canopies are fine. I masked them inside and out as I'm going to be displaying it with the canopies open.
  17. Never noticed it was organic now my experience makes sense. Haven't got thart much left so I might just dispose of them now
  18. Slowly!!! . The truth is - partly - that this will be my first build in which I will be using acrylic metallics and I keep putting off the day when I need to get the paint and airbrush out!
  19. Many thanks. This is my first model in ages and also the first time on Britmodeller, and I'm beginning to get performance angst.
  20. That's awesome, Patrice, thanks for having me.
  21. It's a fab kit, you'll enjoy it! It's typical Eduard, maybe a tad over-engineered but well-fitting and not difficult. Good choice to stick to your original subject! Cheers, Mark
  22. I meant to say I still look back at your YP-37 build in awe - it's my all-time favourite plane. Just wish there was a good 1/48 one available.
  23. Hello and thank you for your kind words. I will put the Surfacer onto my list, though I guess for the time being I neither know how to use it nor where or why. 😅
  1. Load more activity