All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It's a good excuse Seriously though, it's one of these things that happens. If you're lucky enough to have your device last long beyond its support date, you find that the developers stop updating your browser, and eventually you start noticing that things aren't working as well as they used to. You could try another browser other than Safari, or whichever one you're currently using. Historically, Firefox and a few others have supported older devices for longer, but they're all based upon Apple code called Webkit, and once that's out of date, most browsers will behave in a similar screwy manner. @Enzo the Magnificent's problem was user generated, although we don't know which of the staff accidentally moved all his files, but I found them for him It was just a coincidence that it happened at around the same time as the update. Typical, eh?
  3. Wow, just wow! Some people take this hobby to new levels!
  4. Great to see you cracking on Mark, lovely progress and those pics are a trip down memory lane!
  5. Another stunner Bruno, it's a while since I last looked and you've flown through it.
  6. Great finish John, I've got one of these so useful info on the gear legs. Those engines are a massive improvement too
  7. Great looking Davits I'm looking forward to each installment Rob
  8. Seems like the UK RRP for this is around £80, so probably a bit more than I'd be willing to spend 😬 hopefully can pick one up for a bit less after the initial release.
  9. The pipework and springs were painted with vallejo 70.907 pale grey blue, 70.995 German grey and 72.763 desert yellow. Dirt and grime were added with MrWeathering multi-black and greyish brown… …this looks far more subtile “in real life” rather than these photos. The landing lights need a “chrome” backing, I used some sticky foil (primary use for underlay)… The upper an wing halves were then joined… …and the nacelles attached… These photos shows that I need to paint the top part of the wheel wells grey green. Next I’ll be starting the cockpit. until next time as always, any suggestions, criticisms or comments will be gratefully received. rgds John(shortCummins)
  10. Love the extra detail you've put into it, I built one last year so can appreciate the detail improvements
  11. Stunning work as always Fuad and great schemes to choose, very different. I've never seen that 3 colour scheme before
  12. Ha ha, very Thunderbirdery! I never thought of painting the nacelles, I did think about painting the prop hubs blue, but wanted to give it that traditional Negus look. Yes, the base was made using static grass. Still needs a bit of work to it, but it sets the model off more than a white plain background. Cheers guys
  13. You are doing a great job on this and what an improvement it looks from the old Tamiya offering Rob
  14. Not sure what you mean on the para? There's some civvy passengers in it Thanks mate, catch up soon Now that's a great idea! Hopefully someone steels your idea! Thanks for all the comments everyone, this is certainly one of those failed projects that lines the British aviation archives.
  15. And I'll join the queue to say that's an excellent job on the Zimmeret, looks suitably battle-worn Rob
  16. That's a really lovely model and I think you've captured the Caunter camouflage really well Rob
  17. You are not polite, are you? Here's the link. You are welcome. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235139258-rs-_-new-p38-late-version-family-in-172/
  18. Please adjust the headline. Kit is about "DVL Jäger". DVL = Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Luftfahrtforschung e.V. Jäger = Fighter HeS011 is the name of the engine.
  19. I would say cut them some slack. If they are new, they are eager to share their work and probably have a few items ready to show before joining. In future they will probably only have new items, which will likely appear one at a time. Also, they might not be fully aware of the bumping effect of replies, and are responding to comments out of politeness. It took me a while to get the hang of things like tagging people wiithin posts, or quoting, both of which make it easier to include multiple acknowledgements in one post. It also took me ages to fathom the reaction emojis, so you can just acknowledge a reply without posting. A final factor may be that they are used to conversational platforms, which is catered for here in the various 'chat' and discussion areas, but perhaps not appropriate for RFI. Again, this may well be just lack of experience of how the site works. We were all new once, compared to most I still am, and being new can be awkward. Matt
  20. Hi Coli. Definitely back bacon with a little fat just for flavour. Toasted bread to your choice, I prefer Ciabatta, no butter but lashing so HP sauce. Second to that is black pudding sandwich or an egg banjo. Far East style egg roll, flat roll with a fried egg, salt and pepper and a runny yolk. Colin
  21. 387 has a pretty dark tone on the rudder, which may well be DG. The streak on 389 looks quite close.
  22. A little detail rarely seen. It struck me that the 3 little bolts attaching the curved front portion of the fenders looked a little weedy. And, lo and behold, the curved front fenders: sit outside the edge of the final drive cover, not on it, and so... are therefore deeper than every kit and etch set I've seen provides, because..... they are bolted to the side of the final drive cover using 3 of the substantial bolts that attach the final drive bulges. Who knew? Not even Asuka, apparently...... Nor me until yesterday.....
  23. In the course of my project to document the 100 years of the RAF (now 106 years... behind schedule!) I got the Airfix Classics re-issue of the Dominie and Jetstream. It ocurred to me that these aircraft are basically originally addressing the same market of executive mini-airliner, and on adoption by the various forces, fulfilled a very similar role in twin training, admittedly Jet vs Turboprop. (but a turboprop is really only a jet engine with a propellor, or is a jet engine just a turboprop without a propeller?🤔) Whatever, I thought it would be good project to build them 'side-by-side'. I'll be doing the Jetstream in RAF FTS red/white, and the Dominie in the excellent Gloss Black/White of the later RAF Cranwell fleet. And we're off.
  1. Load more activity