This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Apart from Telford and Perth the shows I know are one day affairs with clubs and traders typically setting up around 8 a.m. for a 10 a.m. opening and taking down after close of play around 4 p.m. so there is less need for stuff to stay in a hall overnight. While this scenario could happen at one of our shows it's possibly a bit less likely. Unfortunately the nature of the beast means that the model railway guys really have to set up the day before. The other thought that crossed my mind was insurance. No amount of money could fully compensate for the wanton destruction of a model which has taken years to build but I hope some sort of recompense will be forthcoming.
  3. OK - inspired by the other builds kicking off I've made a start - with the wheels. There are 2 types - inner and outer... This is the backs of the outer tracks and they just need a cap on the fronts... ...well that was easy enough. Next up the inside wheels... these have a 'spindle' and as I want to pull the wheels on and off I used a drill bit to 'line the spindles up' whilst the fast setting Tamiya extra thin got a grip. This fast setting stuff is really good - but it 'smells a little different' to the normal stuff.
  4. Hi Folks, My new recent work the old Arii Ki-61 in 48 scales, I have to do a little bit of repainting work as I overpainted the squiggles over meatballs and have to masked and paint again very basic kit. Painted using Mr.Color silver and Tamiya green, thanks for looking. Cheers
  5. People ruining the weekend with a lawn mower
  6. not sure about SS France and Southern Cross but the rest are still there
  7. 6 in total: Badger 250 (for large area jobs) Paasche Copy (for general uncomplicated work and priming) Aztek 470 (for general use with acrylics) H&S Ultra (for general use but good for cammo) Neo Iwata (as above) H&S Infinity CR Plus (for finest detail)
  8. Gorgeous aircraft, superb model, great scheme. Fantastic.
  9. 1/48 Hasegawa EA-18G Growler VAQ-132 'Scorpions' Operation 'Odyssey Dawn', Libya 2011. Build thread Cheers Dave
  10. OK - I better toddle off to my own thread and ask the question there - I have been having a crack at my wheels and they do indeed look very different to yours - best to find out now - rather than screw it up later.
  11. Lovely job, as always Jo. Coffee and tea make wonderful colouring/staining media. You should be able to achieve nearly any shade of wood with varying applications and experimentation. Failing that, good, old-fashioned wood-stain from the hardware shop would do the job just as well...
  12. Hello Ced, good to have you back here. Having not heard of you anything for quite a while my first hought was, that you have changed your first residence immediately to Crete saying cheerio to all and us Cheers. Btw: Why no Rfi?. Looking good so far (statement from one ,who doesn't like the BAC Lighning II at all)
  13. Wow, what a lovely typhoon. Great job. I think your model sits well with others.
  14. What it does raise, particularly for those of us involved in organising our own club shows, is the security of the venues we use. It is a heartbreaking story and I feel terribly for the guys who have had their work destroyed, but let's not kid ourselves and think it could not happen elsewhere. SMW enjoys the onsite security services provided by the TIC, but the vast majority of shows at which we display our models rely just on a locked key and maybe a burglar alarm as well.
  15. Looks like you and Lady H. had a great time there Ced. The Lightening looks magic mate. And yet another tool!!! Still, it`s nice to have one to hand, Oh yeah, welcome back from hols dear chap. Simon.
  16. I'm getting it too on a tablet I think it was photographed with my phone Further investigations proceed
  17. I put in a cheeky bid on an eBay lot comprising of a Fujimi Phantom FG.1, Airfix Lightning F.6, Airfix Gnat T.1 and Revell Hunter FGA.9 and was successful. Quite a reasonable price for the bundle!
  18. I think the Attacker was my first foray into Frog (well it was Novo by then) as well. I certainly recall the lack of wheel wells and pilots head in that solid cockpit. I got my cousin to paint her up and he did a good job of it too. We were both really annoyed when when the Novo decals exploded into a million bits when they hit the dish of water - it was pretty soul destroying. The kits windscreen is also a little off, however I do have a Vac replacement which will no doubt need a lot of work to fit right. I probably won't build it during this GB, so will put it aside until I that I get that mad urge to tackle something insanely stupid. Cheers.. Dave
  19. Now on national news https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england
  20. That looks a little like trying to pass off a bulldog as a wolf.
  21. I have just seen this on the Beeb - posting just in case offers of help to reconstruct some of the damage might be offered. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-48326572
  1. Load more activity