All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Okay, well I'm gonna reach for the stars then and say I'll join up by doing USS Franklin in 1/350 if thats okay, four months is going to be tight but might as well try,
  3. What is it with those initials? I've just bought a kit from AMI, and there's Arsenal Model Group (AMG) just around the corner. Jeez, other letters are available... Regards, Adrian
  4. Great work Martin—the Arctic Red really makes this unique and your impressive building skills really are ensuring an impressive build—best, Erwin
  5. Looking rather splendid Alistair, cracking job on this little beauty. Just starting one myself too a Mk.V. Chris
  6. Hello everybody, Brevity is the soul of wit! By using the laboriously determined dimensions of the cladded rod systems I've created this drawing on a scale of 1:1, with the help of which I can now first cut the claddings of the rod systems. For the rods themselves I will use steel wire (Ø 1 mm). That's it for today, I have to go to bed sooner again.
  7. I bought a set of Lincoln engines from Red Roo some years ago & got them to add an extra to it with a view to doing just this. The thrust line is slightly lower on the Griffon cowl but to my eye that could be catered for when fairing the cowl into the raise Fury cockpit. Steve.
  8. The Macchi MC200bis equipped with a Piaggio PXIX engine like the Reggiane Re2002 had the wing,landing gear and tail cone of the MC202. Saluti Giampiero
  9. Thanks! it's moving slowly though.. A club member printed a few wall elements in 1/72 scale. They look great, but I made them too 'flat', they need more depth. Luckily that's easy to do in CAD. Following the rule that a diorama should not align with its sides. I've cut the edges of the surrounding moon surface at an angle. And indeed that looks better. I've also made a concept for the flood lights, that I want to build around SMD LEDs. It will be very, very delicate in 1/100 scale, and the wiring will be a challenge. Rob
  10. Hello all, I have a question about an obscure topic: RAAF Squadron Code letters on their B-25J’s. Does anyone know the approximate size of the squadron codes? My estimate is about 36 inches. Am I in the right ballpark? Thanks in advance, and here is a sample of the plane with a good representation of the squadrons code on a decal sheet. https://www.super-hobby.com/products/B-25J-Mitchell-in-RAAF-service.html
  11. Fantastic build! I do love the Grumman Avenger and it’s enviable that NZ utilised them in wartime (whereas the RAAF did not). Very nice job! 👏👏👏
  12. The first Humber Bridge , Hull classic meet of the year was held tonight (Friday) . Very well attended with all sorts on show . Here’s a few I know some of you will find interesting . Firstly after raving about my white Nova GTE I had in the 90s in another topic on here , look what was on show ! Not my old one , sadly , but near identical Nothing special really , but just , well , special Something for @Toftdale Finally , just magnificent and that engine ! Gary .
  13. Just spotted this recent rendering on YT. Certainly brings a new perspective to these well known films. The noise of the main gun rounds from the Shermans, Pershing and Panther in those confined spaces must have been incredible. Andrew
  14. It’s my photo hosting site, Village Photos, that sometimes does this. If you right click on the photo they usually come up.
  15. Looking very good Ozzy. Nice one. 👍👍
  16. Thanks very much, The fortress will be down the road a little but I'll get round to it soon. Thanks very much, That is very kind. Cheers, Alistair
  17. This kit has arrived in the UK , and also my doorstep ! Interestingly unbranded , but I have plans ….. Gary .
  18. Outstanding work! Judging from this one, your B-17 is going to be just as magnificent! 😀👏👏👏
  19. Oh, how could I forget…? Hospitality gig at Paris Bercy in the late oughties — couldn’t say no, but wasn’t that interested in the headline band, Coldplay. Turned to my friend and colleague Roman as we stood around in the corporate box eating tiny but delicious snacks and said “The best thing for this gig would be if it was Goldfrapp…” Cue a crunching synth riff and a tiny frizzy haired bundle of energy bouncing on to the stage and my wish was granted. I’m sure Coldplay gave us Yellow later, but I’m not sure I noticed… best, M.
  20. Hello everyone! The MOSONSHOW 2024 has kicked off! As promised, we're sharing images showcasing the full array of plastic components for the F-86A. We eagerly await your feedback. Thank you!
  21. Can’t believe I missed this one! Sorry! 😯 What an awesome model! I’ve been afraid to start on my kit until I really feel my head is in the right place. This build is utterly stunning and will serve as a benchmark to strive for when I decide to start. 👏👏👏👏👏
  22. I like this subject, would have been better with an engine...
  23. LC2 vs R18. Mmm. Tough choice.
  24. Sweet build on the 911, but the Sauber is a beaut!
  25. Hej Tomas, https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/196275/martin-b-26g-marauder/ If you do a Google for the Marauder Pilots Notes/Flight Manual AN 01 35EB1 it might be available on-line, there's some useful stuff in there. Andrew
  1. Load more activity