This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Admiral Puff

Long (ish) Jokes.

But no doubt she'd seen Toowoomba, which is about the equivalent ...
  3. Admiral Puff

FOUR What it’s Worth

with shovel and trowel
  4. ArnoldAmbrose

RMS Carpathia, Scratchbuild, 1/500 Scale

Gidday Steve, I don't think liability insurance covers acts of war, even at 1/24 scale. Next you'll want to do Midway, and I know Akagi came off second best there. I think I'll abandon these grandiose schemes and let you get back to Carpathia and me to 1/600 scale ships. Regards, Jeff.
  5. Andwil

Listening to the Solstice

Here’s a second vote for Pilates, low impact and will strengthen the core, has worked very well for me. AW
  6. Kiwidave4

Long (ish) Jokes.

An Aussie lady holidaying in the UK came down for dinner in the hotel where she was staying. She was given a table next to one where three ex-Army officer types were seated. As she perused the menu she could not help but overhear the conversation from the adjacent table. "I definitely recall it was Tooooooooowooooooomba", said one of the gents. "No, no, no!" said the second, "It was more like Toowoombaaaaah." "Poppycock." exclaimed the third, "I clearly remember it as Toowooooombar." The Aussie lady listened to this for a while and then turned in her chair and said, "Fair Dinkum youse blokes, its flaming Toowoomba." At this there was a stunned silence while the three gents looked in surprise at the lady. Then one of them adjusted his monocle, cleared his throat, and announced, "Madam, we doubt you have ever seen a hippopotamus, let alone heard one break wind underwater."
  7. mstorin

Phantom FG1

This link will take you to a site, courtesy of Modelling Madness, that lists every Hasegawa F-4 Phantom II kit and all the British Phantom kits, including the Revell repops, (as of February 2015). The list includes which sprues each kit contains. The British Phantom list can be found below the list of the different sprues in the kis. That sprue list contains a description of what each sprue contains. The page also has lists of the Hasegawa F-15, F-16, F-22, F-14, F/A-18 legacy Hornets and F/A-18 Super Hornet kits. http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48d.htm If you want to know what is included in one of these Hasegawa kits, this site will tell you. Enjoy!
  8. Beautiful result. Cockpit looks fantastic. What did you use for the seat belt straps and buckles?
  9. Rabbit Leader

Me 262 A1a/U3

That’s impressive work on those Cockpits Greg, really great job. Cheers.. Dave
  10. Greg Law

Me 262 A1a/U3

This is my almost completed work on the cockpit. I will move ahead on the Recon plane now as I have to wait for the seat belts for the other one. Each one is a little different. One is OB and PE seat belts and the recon one has some PE in it. The photo is a little washed out by the natural light. This has also shown me a little pool of panel liner that needs attending to.
  11. Hobby Search shows the Doyusha boxing now in stock... https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10598016 Mike
  12. Today
  13. Beardie

FOUR What it’s Worth

by a skilled lunatic
  14. Greg B

Vietnam - 9 to go

The Ken Burns documentaries are sublime, very much like World at War for the interviews and footage. Put me down for the build as well please, I may be around depending on the job but I have one or 3 phantoms, crusaders and skyraiders!
  15. Corsairfoxfouruncle

Things are getting better

Its ok we all have mojo issues from time to time. Nice thing about our hobby is plastic never spoils, and so long as the caps are tight. The glue and paint will stay good also.
  16. opus999

My Sabre builds...

These are all terrific. I really like your metal finishes!
  17. You've done a wonderful job with this. The paint and finish are terrific. For being a pretty basic kit, it doesn't look too inaccurate!
  18. Nice finish on an unusual subject! Love the diorama too!
  19. Well that was a fun afternoon A lot of sanding with a bit more sanding on top, and finally just a lot more sanding! The most difficult part was the cockpit canopy - it had a huge chunk of flash around one end which had to be cut and then all the edges sanded down carefully so that it fits over the cockpit without gaps. I've got it 97% there before the evening drew in and the insects started buzzing around. Plus I had the last episode of Star Trek: Discovery to watch! There were a LOT of pinholes in the upper tail plane surface. I've given it a coat of Halfords Filler Primer and will sand that back tomorrow. The worst of the mould lines sanded down reasonably on most of the pieces but the wings were pretty horrendous, with a heavy seam line down the leading and trailing edges. The dremel got a good work out until it concked out - possibly because I maanged to spill some water on it while using the wet n dry sanding sheets! The pilot had a considerable amount of excess resin in some very delicate places - ahem, which needed carving out and sanding. More tomorrow, where I might remember to take some progress photos, in the meantime, the tulips etc have flowered and look lovely - if you look carefully you might notice a Meccano girder supporting one of them which has some trouble staying upright - been out on the pi... town again!!!
  20. Rabbit Leader

1/72 Model Alliance Canberra #72144 - RNZAF decal query?

Yes thanks Alan, this was the great thread that started me researching the subject. Cheers.. Dave
  21. A truly great looking model of a great looking aircraft.Well done sir. mohawk
  22. wow, the Metal finish is stunning! It is so realistic looking... fantastic job! I especially like the shading on the engine pods and the streaking on the body near the tail fin that makes it look like water had run down and stained the metal!
  23. I am most impressed with a build if I have a very hard time telling if it is real or a model. In this case, I simply couldn't tell -- except for the grass and leaves, which aren't part of the model! I would definitely love to get to this level! Fantastic work!
  24. Admiral Puff

FOUR What it’s Worth

quick-set concrete applied
  25. No, you have to pick a subject that nobody else has done and will sell enough kits to turn a net profit. Or a subject that has been done, but which you can do sufficiently better to warrant tossing the old kits and buying yours. Kindly note that the Chinese makers have been doing truckloads of prototype and low-production AFVs.
  26. Really great job, I have that kit and one look in the box was enough to convince me I have no chance of making it look any good
  1. Load more activity