All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The inverted slot and fixed inboard wing LE flap was incorporated into the F-4B from around Block 26 or 28 IIRC and retrofitted to earlier aircraft. The F-4J had these from the beginning. The F-4K/M were based on the F-4J, and used a derivative AWG-11/12 radar package, the M/FGR.2 having the Ferranti INS so a fuller rear cockpit. I had late cockpit shots but passed them to Andreas Kline at AirDoc. To see an early FG.1 the best source (from memory) is an old copy of the Linewrights FG.1 book. Tony
  3. Evening everyone, I'm nearly finished with posting all of my previous builds now, but here is another one. This is an Airfix Eurofighter Typhoon. Here are the photos. All the best, Rick
  4. I have this one in my stash,it’s nice to see these 1/24 F1 kits getting an airing on here. Very colourful! Did you use the Tamiya Red Bull colour spraycan? Chris.
  5. Some nice kind person kissed the front corner of my Tiguan. I noticed it days later. I had to inform my insurance company about this EVEN though I was NOT making a claim. Just passing on information. (which I believe is the correct thing to do). Now I'm up for renewal in May. Just watch the premium go ballistic. (Not my fault, did not claim. Just informed) Hey oh. That kiss cost me £500. The wife is cheaper Dick
  6. Hello Everyone, Here is my build of the Airfix 1/72 Red Tails P-51 Mustang aircraft Lollipoop. This was a very fun little build, hand painted with Humbrol acrylic paints. Here are the photos. All the best, Rick
  7. Some more progress. Seat is done; And some sub assemblies;
  8. Very nice! I like the colour but that must be the the longest Facel,don’t think I’ve seen one of those in real life. Chris.
  9. Hello Everyone, Here is my build of the Revell SR-71 Blackbird kit. The Blackbird was the fastest air breathing aircraft in the world, capable of Mach 3. It was a very simple build and paint job. Hand painted with Revell paints. Here are the photos. All the best, Rick
  10. Thanks a lot for the heads up, and the warning! Yes, Schiffer books can be a bit uneven, literary vice. And some people's fascination for other peoples sexuality just take me shake my head in wonder sometimes. Especially as we're here dealing with history of wartime aircraft... Oh well. But I'll keep looking for it. It sounds very interesting in many ways, warts and all.
  11. Chassis almost finished, only drum brakes are left. Rear bumper made from bristol as I still cant work find workaround for strips of hips deforming during cutting. Muffler from bleedproof marker paper.
  12. Hello Everyone, As I am a massive Trekkie, I even like the Kelvin Timeline movies (Star Trek 2009, Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond) and knew when the model of the USS Enterprise from the films became available that I would end up building one. This is the Revell 1/600 scale kit of the USS Enterprise and she is one of the biggest starships I've built. While the design of the ship is still slightly strange and isn't one of my favourites, the kit is a very nice one. Here are the photos : All the best, Rick
  13. Great job Neil! A lot of inspiration for other owners of this nostalgic kit. Cheers Jeff
  14. Thanks, Toryu! It does seem an unending source of fresh bits to hash out. It's taking over modelling time: I've four other projects on, ranging from 'just about finished' through 'nearly done' to 'well underway'.... James
  15. ABM produces high quality resin in 1:72 of weird and wonderful aircraft that flew over the Soviet Union. The Farman F.62 Goliath which was built in hundreds for both civilian and military usage in a number of countries, is probably the most mainstream aircraft kitted by ABM. We can always hope for more variants of this representative of the period when France was in the forefront of designing ugly aircraft for transport and bombing. And if you think the Goliath is aesthetically challenged, look up the F.4X Jabiru which is another Farman product of the period.
  16. Am I right if I think that all parts for a French version is included in this release?
  17. I do! Fortunately one lump goes a very long way because it's not as easy to find as it used to be!!
  18. Due May/June - £39.99 UK RRP, so same as the Tamiya "A" variant.. https://www.models2u.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p18081_F-35-C-Lightning-II.html
  19. Thanks very much. Nice, the Trafalgar class are very nice looking boats. I prefer their looks to the Astute class. I regularly go to Portsmouth and like to try and be there when interesting ships come in or out of the harbour. I actually saw a US Navy Los Angeles class submarine in the harbour years ago.
  20. Evening all, This is one of my all time favourite Star Trek ships....the Constitution class refit starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A. The Constitution class refit was first revealed in Star Trek The Motion Picture and has always one of my favourite starship designs. This kit is the original AMT kit from the 1990s when Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country was released and went together fantastically except for a minor issue with the warp nacelle pylons which was resolved with an application of a much stronger glue. The only thing missing on this kit is the main registry decal (NCC-1701-A) on the upper saucer section surface. I can fix that as I have a spare set of decals for this kit. I'm not sure if this ship is painted the correct colour for the hull or whether I should give her a repaint by removing the decals and then repaint her before redecaling the ship. What do you think ? Anyway here are the photos (the display stand needs a coat of paint as it is an off white at the moment). All the best, Rick
  21. As a retired Customs Officer, I wouldn't think for a nano-second about repressing an illegal still. Well not unless I was getting my share from it's produce. I could then sell it on as cut price airbrush cleaner. Incorruptible of Mars 👽
  1. Load more activity