This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Well spotted I’ll amend that tomorrow when I am off. Thank you.
  3. AndyRM101

The world just got more ridiculous!

This bit bemused me 'A spokesman said Revell distances itself from glorification of wars and the Nazi era and is trying to work out how and why the toy was developed and made available for sale.' Doesn't the spokesman for Revell know that they didn't develop the kit, only rebox a squadron product? And presumably, if they're not going to glorify war or the Nazi era, they won't be making any more Messerschmitts, Dorniers, Tigers, Panthers etc. Andy
  4. VMA131Marine

1/48 - Fairey Firefly Mk.1 by Trumpeter - released

Don't forget the comical errors on the 1/24th Spitfires and then somehow repeated on the HobbyBoss 1/32nd versions The 1/48 Westland Whirlwind has serious shape problems The 1/48 and 1/72 Sea Furies are not good - Airfix, please scale down your Sea Fury to 1/72 The 1/72 Gannets aren't too bad, though the Revell kit is better for the most part. The 1/72 and 1/48 Wellington kits are mostly good apart from the overdone fabric effect. The 1/72 versions will still be the kit of choice for any variants that Airfix doesn't do. We can only hope that Airfix scales up their kit to 1/48
  5. To be fair, both reviews in Homebee's post do mention the white serials and the need to obtain correct, black serials. Trumpy's error is to have specified silver undersides, although why they imagine anyone would put white serials on silver is anyone's guess! I am sure that this kit will not be replacing the Airfix kit in my stash.
  6. Learstang

Out of the Box Models 1/72 Yak-9T (Crowdfunding)

That looks good - very close to the drawing. Which CAD programme are you using? Regards, Jason
  7. Nocoolname

And the inevitable eBay cash-in has started already with one kit currently at £116 with 6 days left and the word 'banned' now appearing.
  8. Mike

If I didn't have one already, I'd have one on the way. I do like a bit of frivolous silliness with a germ in the maniac ramblings of a little guy from Austria with a funny moustache. Didn't @Martian Hale build one some years back? Should we burn him at the stake now?
  9. Biggles87

Frightfully bad FOURm ...

and General DeGaulle on
  10. VMA131Marine

Seems a bit of an overreaction based on willful ignorance, especially since the box art shows B-36's flying in the background. Hmmm, these are still for sale: http://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-German-Flying-Sa-p/sqm0001.htm - Currently on sale for $32 http://www.squadron.com/Haunebu-II-Saucer-p/peg9119.htm http://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-Premium-Edition-p/sqm0002.htm
  11. Mike

In my mind you can. Solipsism is a really weird thing. I know some people seem to think that only they matter in the world, but to believe everyone else is a pigment of their imagination? Not to be confused with narcissism, which has the same end result, but in some ways is worse, as they love themselves so much they don't give a about all the real people they're abusing. At least the solipsist is only abusing imaginary people, or "not real" people.
  12. VMA131Marine

What have you purchased / been given

I've been using the quick setting TET for a couple of months. It seems to stick plastic just fine, but it does evaporate very fast. I generally put the parts together and then apply the cement. If you apply cement to the parts and then put them together, I can see were it would dry so fast that they don't stick together well.
  13. Great looking model! Why are the wingtip lights painted in camo though?
  14. bmwh548

Iwata Freestyle Air Battery Powered Compressor

Outdoor painting is a pain in the backside. Insects, dust, polen...they tend to get caught in the paint and you waste time fixing issues after.
  15. AdrianMF

Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

Splendid work on that interior! I like the mesh in the luggage compartment - made me forget I was looking at 1/72! Regards, Adrian
  16. upnorth

Model kit box art

I will say that this box art sold more than a couple of Airfix 1/72 F-86D kits to me over the years:
  17. John D.C. Masters

Revell Albatross D.III 1/72

Keep at it. Looks good. I suggest using .005 monofilament next time, especially if you are drilling. I reel of line will last almost a lifetime.
  18. Any idea if it`s possible to brush varnish over these or would they smear that way? Wonderful model btw!
  19. BIG X

HO/OO Village Church

I'm bored now... ...watching plaster dry is like watching paint dry - only slower
  20. Black Knight

Fiat 806: research and scratchbuilds

I've lost track of things. Other than the word of one person is there evidence of a 'second' seat? The 806 was a track racing car; only one seat was required by FIA rules. A second seat for a riding mechanic was only required for cars racing in Tourist Trophy and open road races My 1930 Austin is built to 1926 and later TT rules; two seats [and other details] Austin built a special Austin 7 called the Brooklands Special just for track racing; it is a single seat car
  21. waylandsmithy

Revell Albatross D.III 1/72

Oof! Rigging is hard! I bought some 0.05mm vape coil wire, which is nickel-chromium. Nice and shiny, very cheap, but really, really hard to see. For my first go, the plan is to cut it to length and then glue it with glue n' glaze. First snag: it's very wobbly. Quick Google suggested holding it right one end and twisting the other, so I trapped one end under the collar of a pin vice (it's too thin to trap in the jaws). That's pretty straight! I then tried cutting it with a knife, which is a bad idea: side cutters work better. Then I rolled the length of wire under a flat edge to straighten it again. Rigging on the right was without following this palaver, rigging on left is the second attempt. It's not perfect by any means, but an improvement. Quite a bit more to do, this is going to take some mastering! I think I'll try the hole-drilling technique for my next kit...
  22. Uncle Uncool

Best Israeli Kfir?

With a LOT of resin extras and custom decals, I'd say. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder What's about the quality on the AMK Kfir that's better with regard to the Wingman Models/Kinetic Kfir kits? Wingman Models/Kinetic kits offer the F-21, C1, C2, C7, C10 and C12 options, while AMK has only offered the C1/C2 option?
  23. VMA131Marine

Model kit box art

12/6 is actually 62 1/2p or £11.06 in today's money after factoring in cumulative inflation - still not a bad price really. In 1910, 12/6 was one day's wages: https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/currency-converter/#currency-result
  24. Fascinating picture. I remember many years ago reading about how they were experimenting with that, but I had no idea it ever went into service.
  25. BM had connectors under wings for APU-73 missile launcher for R-73 missile. Also i saw art one MiG-31BM APU-170 launchers for R-77 missile, but its not yet serial.
  1. Load more activity