All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. seems to flare out more at the back
  3. Hi there Well I'm after advice regarding the mencionated kit in wonderful 1/72 scale!!! Regards Armando
  4. We have some n the walkaround section
  5. I assembled it, then primed it with gray ammo primer and painted the rear doors with light gray paint (1-2 photos). Then I masked the common window with masks, primed it from the outside, and glued etched straps inside (3-5 photos). Then I assembled the details for armor protection and masked the side windows (6-7 photos). windows with armored protection were primed, painted and assembled together and the lower protection was also primed, painted (ammo gray primer and jim scale Gray-green light paint) (8-9 photos).
  6. Should be an interesting build. I have bought a few "new" Aoshima and Fujimi kits in the last few years that are actually re-releases of much older kits; in a couple of cases old motorised kits! Still, they can make decent shelf models. All the best with the build.
  7. Great looking model Mr.B, a beautiful job. 👍
  8. I glued the hatch above the cockpit and assembled the tail (on which I glued some small things with a trawl) (1-4 photos). I collected the fuel tanks (5-7 photos). I pasted SX-art masks on the windows, and a little bit of harassment (8 photos).
  9. nice old red tone, weathering, and diorama. building next ma.k yet?😁
  10. Thank you so much for your comments, they are truly appreciated. Woohoo! Decals are on! While the plastic was quite trying at times, the Cartograph decals went on smoothly and without silvering. The rudder markings did take some time get the wrap-around to settle. No markings topsides, but the bottom is well decorated. The small bits are mostly painted. I still need to paint the wood props and tires, then add and rig the tip floats, landing gear, and antennas. Thanks for looking.
  11. Today
  12. Hi, My father has finished another two models of this series. Here are the final photos 29 DH Havilland DH 82 RAAF A17-246 46 N 6 Elementary Flying training school Tamworth, Australia1942 30 DH Havilland DH 82 RAAF A17-494 49 FG as a Hack Mid 1942 Cheers Santiago
  13. Good to see another with interest in Chinese aviation. I really like this.
  14. Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought, probably a case of mistaken identity.
  15. Fascinating project, Pieter. Not something you see every day. James
  16. That's a serious;y snazzy bit of modeling, Steve! Great work on a favorite subject. I've often wondered how a scrap between these and the Japanese 'Claude' would have sorted out. James
  17. If I win the lotto jackpot I will make you an offer that you won’t refuse on the build. My grandma built those during the war, she always told me about all the wee little parts that went into the machine. She loved telling me those stories and she was so proud of her work.
  18. Learning German is probably a pain in the neck for some, but once you got used to capitalization of nouns you don't want to miss it. It helps to identify subject and object in a sentence fast(er). "time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" would be "Time flies like an Arrow, Fruitflies like a Banana" (still funny when spoken, easily understood when read in a book). Before saying "Hupen" say "Streichholzschächtelchen" a few times.
  19. But no doubt it won't be long before someone wonders why her lovely new curtains are shredded!
  20. Yesterday
  21. I don't have any info on specific dates for the butt strap mod. But it was fatigue related. Often referred to as the 100 FI butt strap. Airframes were getting it done during the mid to late 80's. It was done by BAe, not at St Athan. We on 19(F) sent one jet for the mod and it was rejected and returned because it leaked too much. Not a bad achievement for a Phantom!! Rob.
  22. Tried them without the liquid decal film & they're really sketchy, but worked fine after a couple of coats with a wide flat brush onto the decal sheet. I think it is a must with these old Microscale sheets. I've seen pics with & without, but just copying what would have been provided on the decal sheet. In fact I haven't found any actual photos of 675 to reference it.
  1. Load more activity