All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's why I said it's a pity that images were taken in the backlight, so we cannot be 100% sure.
  3. @Kincora passed pictures to me a couple of weeks ago and I forwarded them to @Julien for the walk around section He can only send pics by email as the internet out in the wilds is rubbish.
  4. Probably the Quality Control Team was busy watching Masters of the Air…
  5. never thought of trying that, good to know, thanks for commenting... Ed
  6. Wow what a coincidence I'm building the Dora FD2 and the Aeroclub P1A right now! Both builds look jolly nice. I too broke the probe off but I got as far as painting before I knocked the whole thing on the floor. I had kept a section of the sprue attached to the nose for a long part of the construction and then taped a length of straw over it while preparing it for tape. Fortunately I'd masked the tip off after painting it steel which made it easy to find
  7. Nice progress John, the mix looks really good as well... Ed
  8. For what it's worth, the ancient Supermodel 1/72 kit of the C.202 includes underwing tanks. I'm guessing that (along with the rest of the kit) they aren't very accurate, but might be worth a look at least. The kit also includes parts for the prototype with nose radiator, and some gondola-mounted wing cannon. And got my copy of the new Classic book by Caliaro in yesterday. WOW - very nice, looking forward to digging into it.
  9. Yes, 'inset' is the only way I could think to describe them though it more properly belongs to an earlier era and describes an aileron whose chord does not extend beyond the trailing edge-I think...! It is certainly very interesting that 'tipless' ailerons go from being a real rarity (the Fokker EV/DVIII being the only example that came straight to mind....) to almost universal over the space of a couple of years....The reasons given above sound very plausible - there must be a textbook on aircraft design that gives a definitive reason for it?
  10. Looks like its in shadow to me, not a darker color! The give away to me is the dark sea blue at base of vertical tail is as it should be on tri color scheme, and darker than intermediate blue...
  11. Well, that started well... Checking the contents I found all the parts present as per Kingkit's guarantee, but the decal sheet is missing. Contacting Revell for a replacement yielded a polite rebuttal stating that as it was out of production the couldn't supply any spares. The kit itself is as rare as 🦄💩 so - after an hour or two trawling the 'net - I settled for a couple of generic decal sheets, one containing gauges, the other BMW badges, all of various shapes and sizes, courtesy of aliexpress.They'll take a few weeks to arrive so meantime I'm starting assembly. Pics when I can - watch this space...
  12. Information missing from the above quote is the fact that the 'old jalopy is in fact Monty's old Desert caravan/truck which he 'found' in a Military museum and has had on loan since the Korean war when Captain Darling fudged the loan chit paperwork . It's not very fast and is often blamed for the slow traffic on the Lincoln bypass and the road out to Skeggy where Baldrick uses it for selling his 'savoury' ice creams. I'm told the roast beef & Yorkshire pud flavour is indescribable.
  13. Anti clockwise as seen from the front. The sea mosquito was the same. Eric Brown commented that there was a powerful swing to the port on take off which was fortunate because it took him away from the Carrier's island.
  14. Looking good, I never got to work on the Sea Vixen, so had to admire them from a distance. You are doing some serious conversion work her! I'm just putting the finishing touches to a very old FROG kit over on the FROG Squad II GB Colin
  15. Truly hideous! Mind explaining what the exclamation point is made of? The top bit looks like a piece of the alien space ship, but the point? Not so much
  16. Indeed, not unlike how we fill and re scribe things I guess. Anyway, we will see if they will fix it, I'm going to delay my purchase for a bit.
  17. Unfortunately, as has been said above, car insurance is compulsory so you have little option but to suck it up. In reality it is your defence against ramming someone's Ferrari off the road and landing the bill for that, not the damage to yoir own car. The way premiums are calculated will depend on multiple algorithims, and you only need to do a few internet searches to see how reliable algorithims are. It could also be argued that if you drive an older (normal) car, you will be less careful than someone in a shiny new supercar. See Mrs F in her Mondeo for details. For other insurance like pets it is still a scam though. Your dog is old, pay more. Your dog is young, pay more. Your dog is sick, pay more. Haven't bothered for a while now, and it would take a really major hit for us to not be up on the deal still with what we have saved. Matt
  18. Thanks for the images of the vac-form moulds, is there a need to vac the flat panels? I take it you have already 3D printed the vac-form machine!! Ha! Colin
  19. Also. Looking seriously now at the prospect of doing the egg silo as I've got a load of the eggs and don't think I want to apply them to the sides of the Jockey scene as I still think that would be tacky! Also. Looking at the Derelict and thinking Hmmmmm! a 30-40 inch version of this would be a challenge! Also. Got an avatar based on my favourite punctuation mark! !
  20. Hello 👋 and welcome! You've chosen a great past-time .... and there's lots of good advice here! Keith 😁
  21. Fill the problem area with weld then remachine.
  1. Load more activity