This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Aw shucks, Chris! My mother in law is here to take care of the kids for a week, we've signed contracts with both the seller of our future home, and the buyer of our current one, the first tranches of earnest money have been sent out on both sides, and next comes the (ulp) inspections. Hopefully nothing's too badly wrong with my house, as that's what could derail the whole shebang. Scary! I crept downstairs and did a little more work on the clear parts. Up until now, I really didn't have too much bad to say about the kit itself; the oil tank is an error of omission, and the instructions are very poor, but when cleaned up, the parts all fit quite well. The clear parts are really the exception to this, and anyone building it should be prepared to do a lot of sanding to get them to fit properly. I don't know how this could have happened, honestly. The masks for the clear parts treat each centre section side panel as having identical windows, but in fact, the starboard side has a different window and I had to cut a mask to shape: I may yet need to do some more work. I don't know when our buyer's house will sell, but when it does, we'll have a timeframe for leaving here and packing up.
  3. Thank you Tankerman, I appreciate your advice and will be looking at my options.
  4. And you don't think the Bristol Beaufort is an esoteric subject?
  5. Great result.. I pondered over that kit on Saturday wish I'd got it now...
  6. I'm also a 1978 tooling. I wish I looked as fresh as this one
  7. You're doing awesome. The cockpit looks great! Keep it up!
  8. It is always nice to see another Mig-21 Bison, I look forward to seeing yr soon. I plan to make a 48 in future.
  9. I went over mine and a few parts look soft too. No full on short-shots but close. And what bonehead designed the open canopy moulding. It's never good when Airfix tries to be clever.
  10. That's a stunning Heinkel ! Don't often see them modelled with balloon cable cutters - impressive !! Rog
  11. That looks delicate! Great work as alays Fuad, a masterclass every time! Rich
  12. Thanks that really helps ? I think i can get it at the local shop.
  13. If I recall correctly Humbrol 117 was intended to be the green used on U.S.AA.F. aircraft in Vietnam i.e. FS34102. Gunze H303 0r C303, MM1713, Tamiya XF58, Ammo-Mig 2 are all apparently approx. equal.
  14. Aaaaand we're off! Our craft space is not 100% completed, but it's usable. The built models are still in storage. My first project at the new (old) bench is the Hasegawa kit. I began with my least favorite part - the canopy. The first order of business was to apply the decals representing the internal framing. These aren't the right color, but it beats masking the interior of the canopy. And speaking of masking, I started getting that too. It's not much, but I wanted to stake a claim in the GB. I have a lot more work to do around the house, so modeling will be a bit spotty over the next few days, but I'm here! And im building again!!!
  15. Was wondering if anyone could steer me to any good articles, YouTube videos, that deal with painting markings on 1/72 scale aircraft. Cheers! Tim
  16. Today
  17. Nice. But can I check, it’s not an E model is it?
  18. An interesting aircraft - half way between tube construction and monocoque construction. The caption in the article Mike pointed to is a bit misleading. It was not a case of performing poorly - its flying life was very short and few, if any, flight test results were obtained. On the other hand, its predicted performance was less then that of the battle. In fact, the Battle was ordered into production in 1935, before either it or the A.W.29 had flown. The prototype Battle first flew in March 1936 and the prototype A.W.29 in December that year, crashing shortly after. As Armstrong Whitworth were up to their eyballs in work with the designs of the Whitley and Ensign they never really pushed the A.W.29. Oliver Tapper's Armstrong Whitworth Aircraft since 1913, Putnam, has several pages on this aircraft with a few more photos. Peter M
  19. Been fighting a nasty flu all weekend but was able to get some colour on before I shoot the aluminum.
  20. An MFH Britten would be pretty awesome.
  21. Just had a chance to catch up on these fabulous 5 pages of information - thanks for posting CJP
  22. La-11 test build in progress: https://www.facebook.com/arkmodel/photos/pcb.1249882101888943/1249881995222287 V.P.
  23. Two things: I'm going to steal the LEGO brick idea, as it's ingenious and clever; your work is superb, beautiful!
  1. Load more activity