All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Released https://aeropoxy.wordpress.com/2024/04/08/fletcher-fu-24-1-72/ V.P.
  3. They did move backwards in one aspect from their Fw 190 D-9 though - no separate ailerons and rudders. That's a little disappointing. But everything else looks great!
  4. How gorgeous is this? Stunning in my opinion and would make a beautiful model. https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/newly-painted-aircraft-revealed-by-typhoon-display-team-ahead-of-2024-season/
  5. Some of the patterns were more an overall disruptive pattern and didn't follow the colour demarcation lines
  6. Yes, I've always seen this as a deliberate painting in a dark colour to cover all the area where exhaust stain is typical. I agree with Dave that it's entirely possible they painted around the squadron code (a simple task either by steady hand with a 1" flat brush or a quick masking job). Or possibly by re-applying part of the letter (again a quick and easy job)
  7. Exquisite cast parts, the torpedo looks like a piece of jewellery! Looking at the render with the glazing added, will you be able to print that or will it be vacu-formed? I'm thinking roof and bulged rear doors. Colin
  8. Veg. Your friend's Bugatti. Going by the wheels alone, is it a Type 51? Basicallly derived from a T35 but with a twin cam engine instead. Been toying with the idea of converting the Italeri kit to the twin cam motor.
  9. Chris, Lovely work on the engine and prop, and great to see the 1:1 work has finally borne fruit. You must be very proud on all fronts! Cheers, Roger
  10. Alistair, Just sneaked in at the back - sorry I'm late! It doesn't appear to have hindered some rapid progress - looking good, Cheers, Roger
  11. The radio panel seems closest to the Magnavox C-9533 control panel, but the upper half is different. The hole above it was filled with the weapons panel. The small square panel next to the radio is an ATC transponder. the next panel seems to have stuff like 'anti ice' and some fuel switches on it. the last panel seems fuel related as well.
  12. @Enzo the Magnificent Nah.. not that :(. It was fine up until the update yesterday. I guess something in my device isnt talking the same language as the latest version of the website? I know nothing about these things. I'm just a user Thanks anyway, mate. Martin
  13. Hi. The decals went in the post yesterday. I sent them registered, which might slow/speed up delivery. I'm thinking, all being well at this end, they should be with you next week. Colin
  14. Thanks Ed. haven't looked at the areas you mention yet so I don't know if I can live with them or not. This build was meant to be a quick and relaxing project as a diversion from the Zeppelin production line and although I am still enjoying it, I can see that I am not careful, it could well become a millstone around my neck. I therefore need to limit extra work to the bits I enjoy doing, such as building up airframe structures. This boat will be finished as a Dutch machine, hence the sub-title "A flying boat with clogs on" and the utility variant probably as a US cab. That one will be much more out of the box. The kit supplies both types of radome but both the types I intend to make have the later "torpedo" shaped domes. One unexpected benefit of this build is that I am now enjoying working on the modelling side of the Zeppelin project more. So, in a way, it has already fulfilled its purpose. Martian đź‘˝
  15. Hopefully this schematic will show the detail a bit better. The various hydraulic filters, reservoirs, actuators and accumulators are all anodized aluminium, so a dull silver in colour. The gauge in the RH speed brake well is black-faced and housed an a fairing box which is usually interior green.
  16. The painting, by Sonny Schug, was informed by Litvyak's machanic, Katerina Polunina, who also debunked the painting of anything but the 02 bort number. It seems she did fly White 44 on some occasion but not regularly. I would believe the mechanic...!!!
  17. Hi Bruno... great job... I love It... I hope to see him soon in some exhibition in Italy ciao Silvano ciao Silvano
  18. apparently the 1981 version was fitted with a 'Stanley-Yankee' system.
  19. Trail of (the) Lonesome Pine.... 🎼
  20. Very beautifully built. I am taking your build for reference to my C2A build now. Just for info, there is indeed nothing at the access door. It is a drop from the cockpit but I noticed an oval panel in the middle of this drop. It’s likely a stepping hole with a flip cover.
  21. themselves. Only the lonely ( cue for a song? )
  1. Load more activity