This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I dont have anything against the toon/egg styles of models personally. They aren't my cup of tea, so i most likely will never build one. However I can see why they're appealing. Though id like to see the Star Wars stuff or the Sub those might just win me over.
  3. Matave

Mosquito markings

Maybe it sounds a bit harsh I admit, but there are too many people who use the simple solution and just assume about a subject instead of doing research in the archives. Aspecially when it comes to colours and markings. The answer, I'm sure, is to be find in the archives. There are a lot of people, who search the archives. They deserve all the credit they can get. It's a heavy job! There are also people who finds the answer in books and magazines. That is excellent if it's possible to trace the information source. You all know this. There are too much fake or false information on the Internet. What one writes on the Internet becomes the truth tomorrow and that is something everyone should avoid.
  4. Has anyone ever told you that you are a very silly Earthling Moa? However, to keep you happy, I recently bought a small civil project to build on these august forums. Well, I bought the project because I like the aeroplane but it should make you happy anyway. An excellent plan except for two small details. Firstly, the severe lack of funds following two breaks in less than six weeks and secondly, the small matter of needing a large van to transport all my tools, paints, compressor etc. Otherwise a good effort! Martian
  5. Lovely build. I remember getting a poster of this in an aviation magazine at the time, and thinking it was the most beautiful jet aircraft ever. You have realy done it justice.
  6. Love the squiggles! Nice job on the kit, it certainly looks the part.
  7. The existing thread can be found here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235055444-stamford-model-show-such-a-sad-event/
  8. I'm pulling up my chair mate and I'll be following along with great interest
  9. With Little H building her Spitfire, I will be keeping her company by building a 1/144 Eduard Spitfire. Just need to fit this around the Monaco GP and work on Monday.
  10. Apparently I'm from west London too. Oh the shame of it.
  11. Syrup sponge and custard (Mmmm pudding heaven)
  12. Thanks for posting these pictures, the model looks great. And in particular it shows that you do not have to spend a lot to enjoy this hobby and get great results, you just need patience and skill, which comes with practice. Anyway, great kit you have here and in particular the decals came out great.
  13. There was a clear step between the body and wing surfaces that shouldn’t be there. I honestly hadn’t realised until I checked the reference pics. So out with the sandpaper & filler to smooth out that junction
  14. Little H is back this year and will be building an Airfix Spitfire. Colours/ decorations tbc.
  15. Hi all, Here's my 1/72 Airfix Gloster Gladiator Mk.II, done as N5583 with No. 605 Sqn at RAF Tangmere in August 1939. I bought this kit back in early January as a simple project to work on while I was away from home for a week, so without my airbrush. I hand painted it using Vallejo paints (Model Air ones actually), and some Italeri paint. Only the flatcoat has been airbrushed. Markings are from the kit. The rigging was done with EZ line, and then brushed gunship grey. My hand painting skills are pretty bad, so up close it's quite messy, but from a distance it looks half decent, I think. Thanks for looking, Pete
  16. Well the truck is nearly done, just a few odds and ends to add and the alien and trucker and his wife to do.
  17. Looking great Tony, great work. Tony, I am no expert at all but if using black at all on an aircraft I mix some Humbrol Matt black and the same company's cockpit grey green and it can make a convincing night black colour. Just putting it up incase it's of any use. All the best Chris
  18. Beautiful Build. Unfortunately the Sperry Autopilot (The bulge on top of the nose) was only fitted to the Australian Mk 21.
  19. Today I've been playing around laying some different tones on the upper surfaces of the aircraft. I think it might need some light coats of something else, perhaps the base colour, to blend it in and give smoother transitions between the tones.
  20. Hi.....I'm starting a new project:an A-6A Intruder from Vietnam 1965 VA-85 Uss Kitty Hawk....1\48 Hobby Boss with GRU 5 resin seat ,exhaust and wheels...Fightertown decals.Painted the cockpit I've opened the gap for airbrake,eliminated the slime lime lights not present on early Intruder and opened the orange formation lights .Ciao from Italy.
  21. The markings show post-1941, and I would think the undersides would be Sky. We can go down all sorts of rabbit holes regarding colours, markings and whatnot. Essentially, Dark Earth/Dark Green topsides, aluminium dope undersides for UK-based aircraft in Army Co-operation and Coastal Commands. Before about May or June, the port wing underside may have been painted black in an effort to aid identification of friendly planes. The mission you’re depicting took place in June 1940, and the plane was fresh from the factory, iirc. Aluminium underneath is what I would expect, but as we’ve already discussed, it may well have been painted black to make it a bit less obvious in flight. In the end, it’s your model to finish as you think best. Without definitive information one way or the other, we can’t be sure what the plane actually looked like on the night.
  22. Hi Neil. Looking great already, those new engines and seats make such a difference. Glad the decals are going to fit! I'd love the view out of those windows! Cheers, Ian
  23. Ok, cheers - I'll get the mods to sort it out.
  24. While hiking today, this pretty beast Also, a beautifully restored VW T1, a Volvo 244 Polar Estate (I love those) and a Citroen BX Break. Where did these things go? To the wrecker, probably... Anyway, my father was a Citroen lover so we went through 3 BX's, one being a Break.
  25. Then you still have a head start on me. I last modeled before the internet, so building was a local only phenomenon, especially when you have little money to invest, which I had to spend every penny wisely. The art of model building have absolutely become just that, an art. I want to be a proficient modeler, with as much accuracy as possible, using some aftermarket upgrades, but I doubt I will ever become so detailed like the other guys on here, it is amazing what some do here, and their scratch building is off the charts. I am still gathering the basics, but almost there to really start building again. It will be scary and fun though, I know I am putting too much pressure on myself, but that will ultimately make me better. Cheers, Anthony
  1. Load more activity