All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I know the kit parts, though good, could be improved upon. So I got the Master Model 50mm barrel assembly. It does make for a prominent addition. I would use a quote from a Miss Lily Von Stupp, about this but this a Family site. Anyways, I wouldn't want to come up against this in real life. So probably Fühlst du dich glücklich Punk? Na, geht es dir? would be more appropriate. Forgive me Clint Eastwood. I'll get this painted after getting the decals and the rest on t the end.
  3. Very beautiful and realistic metal finish. One of the best builds of the Flying Flatiron I have seen in a long time. Well done! Looks like building the ladder was harder than the kit! Mike
  4. Spectacular work. Surface detail is really beautiful, really distinctive shape this plane has. Boarding ladder and intake/engine covers are a great touch.
  5. You need Eyes For The Phoenix by Geoff Thomas, photo reconnaissance in SEAC. It has IIRC a few pics, I don't think they were PRU Blue, but some local mix. Book not hand. Despite the name, it actually has a lot of detail about colours, like tables with various colour references like Munsell and Methuen, and markings in it, it's the best guide I know of on SEAC colours, let alone the PR stuff, like PR mods. Also covers FAA, so colour section cover US colors as well. I think it's OOP, but pdfs of it are floating about HTH
  6. Words fail me! What an incredible build! Looks like you nailed the NIVO, too! You should be proud of this one. Mike
  7. They were cheap,no boxes and the stands on the A321 and 767 along with the engines on the Qantas have yellowed...I'd never heard of eos and thought it was maybe a Greek airline then when it arrived i noticed it had an N reg after a quick google it turned out it was a Business Class only airline based in NY that started in 04 and ended in 08...
  8. What a beast and such a cool subject! Amazing work on the detail, always so impressed when people pull off biplane rigging.
  9. That is impressive! 👌 Paint scheme, stowage and weathering are spot on and; as you say, can be added to. I have the 1/16 Tiger from Andy's .... but not in a rush to start it! Keith 😁
  10. Lovely job on this kit. This and the Skyvan from Airfix both have the "box" fuselage construction. Not the best designed kit by any means, but it does clean up nicely, as your work shows. Cheers.
  11. Trying to be a little more regular on my updates... I added the RLM to the wings and gave everything a gloss coat in prep for the decals. But before that I think its time to start work on the "business end of this swallow.
  12. I gotta confess I got distracted by a little side job. And it's not even a Frog kit 😁 You know the Airfix beach buggy...? Reissued in the Vintage Classics range. With the girl in a bikini 👙 Well, the cool dude got some serious gender reassignment and there's now 2 girls, for a beach life guard vignette. Just while I had the red paint on the go. Sssssh🤫 Percival will go in the gallery soon, my 1st Frog finisher
  13. From the number of redundant parts in the kit, including the transport nose and banking panel for the dorsal turret, looks like a number of Mariner variants was originally planned for this kit. Martian 👽
  14. Sounds like a great Idea. Welcome aboard. Of course you could just follow the "Enzo Rule". Build them all.
  15. I am currently building the miniart p-47 and it is very nice kit but the one thing I find a nuisance is every part has a multitude of sprue attachment points even on the smallest parts. Many of these points are on the tiniest parts that make removing the nubs difficult.
  16. Curtiss The Hammondsport Era, 1907-1915. This book has some good reference material for my Pusher. I might nip down to the model shop and pick up the Eduard Avia B.534 Quattro Combo they had in stock. I also have an itch for a Sopwith Camel to go along with my Dr. I, but I must not get ahead of myself. Last 1/200 anything I bought was about 15 years ago (Flight Miniatures Delta MD-11).
  17. As a rule I stay away from bi-planes, too many wings, and then there is the rigging!😲 However, I have always liked the look of the 0/400 and I was challenged to build the kit by my son! The kit was a struggle, the fuselage being made up from four panels was a bit of a challenge, and the whole structure has an unwanted twist in it which I couldn't correct. The other thing I did was to sand off the overdone rib detail on the wings & tail and simulate the rib tape with thin strips of masking tape secured in place with liquid poly. I also added an etched scarf ring for the front gun with the Mini World item, which includes a beautifully cast Lewis gun, and I used two more after market Lewis guns from Gaspatch. The model was painted with Tamiya acrylics. Thanks for looking Angelo.
  18. It's looking very smart! Regards, Adrian
  19. Paint looks very smart - what's your plan for touching up the join between the halves? Regards, Adrian
  20. Top of the main page right below the GB name. March 9th to June 9th.
  21. It's a nice kit. Will you do anything about the metal/fabric issue on the wings, or build out of the box? I hope you have a nice pair of pliers for installing part C1, if you have the undercarriage down.
  22. The paint job looks immaculate. And it's good to have a list - here's hoping it gets shorter, not longer! Regards, Adrian
  23. Now, having finally spent a day getting used to my shiny new Ultra 2024 I can safely say I'm extremely impressed with it. I rank myself as a beginner, having only had two airbrushes prior to this one (one as part of a cheap Amazon set which was sent back within a week, and the other - a Fengda/Bartsharp badged generic Chinese job I struggled with for a few months - I still have but came within an ace of throwing it through a window on several occasions) I only wish I'd heeded previous advice and gone for a good quality airbrush to start with. In a nutshell, the Ultra 2024 does exactly wot it sez on the tin. It was designed with the inexperienced user in mind and the combination of it's unique "helper" features and amazingly high quality engineering has taken away the frustrations of stripping/cleaning to clear tip-dry and constant clogging issues I experienced with the other two. I only use acrylics and had to learn about tip-dry the hard way but the Ultra 2024 makes dealing with it a breeze. A few quick stabs with a stencil brush dipped in IPA and the tip is clear again without needing to strip anything. The low component count and unique design makes deep-cleaning quick and easy too, on the rare occasions when you need to do it. The innovative trigger design and "training wheels" settings literally force you into using it correctly and you can override them if you choose once you're familiar with it and know what you're doing. This is not a fully detailed technical review as I don't regard myself as qualified to produce one but I'm precisely the sort of user it's aimed at. I will say however that all the positive reviews I've come across have got it dead right in that it's an absolutely ideal beginners airbrush and indeed one for more advanced users too. Price-wise, I was gifted mine by Mrs N but I've seen them for as little as £85 from reputable suppliers which is not exactly a fortune for a decent airbrush. People new to airbrushing will always be tempted to go the cheap route initially (I certainly was) but the frustrations that come with cheap airbrushes to those who aren't familiar with them make it a poor decision. I cannot recommend the Ultra 2024 too highly, honestly. @Olmec Head, I hope you find this of interest. I know it's an Ultra, not an Evolution, but your OP mentioned both.
  24. Many thanks. The kit was a real pleasure to build! I'd recommend it to anyone.
  1. Load more activity