This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks, I used acrylics on this, the horse was dry brushed many times.
  3. Lovely to see another Gamecock in the works. Your level of detail is amazing ( I think I'm more of a hacker ) I skinned mine with 20 thou ruled card to get the fuselage hatches, panels and ribs. Funny I went the other way with the struts. I used steel wires wit plastic glued over them for the interplane struts and then just plastic rod for the cabane struts and the anti flutter ones because they were pretty tricky with the w to the front and the n's to the side. I also used a resin Jupiter, the manifolds were difficult even in 1/48, but the kicker was the engine cowling, it took me a week of filing to get the engine into it. BTW mine is almost (almost) ready to roll just some more lights, gun barrels and the exhausts.
  4. Thanks for your kind comments guys, @nimrod54 , always dip in Klear before painting and glueing. I have bought some Humbrol Kristal clear to use for my next build & have heard good things about Guazy agent. @Colin W, the Hawk was well glossed before the decals went on, then Matt varnish, then a coat of Klear. Luckily I knew what a hawk canopy cover looked like.
  5. Sorry to hear that, it must've been frustrating.
  6. Is that a razor saw? Or just a razor blade? If that is a razor saw, than it's probably very similar to what I use. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/cmk-h1010-handle-our-saws--541096
  7. That's because it has masking tape on it as it had been painted white
  8. A very nice result on one of Kitty Hawk's earlier kits. The Demon seems to have been quite a large aircraft for the time. Michael
  9. With the two interior sub-assemblies complete, painted, and ready to install, I've gone ahead and joined the fuselage halves. I fitted their exterior panels in the process - fore-warned is fore-armed, and from reviews I was aware they needed some slight sanding in order to get a reasonably flush fit: While they were sitting aside to set thoroughly, I put a couple more sub-assemblies together, namely the stub wings and engine nacelles and their exhausts:
  10. That is a superb result from Kitty Hawk's first kit (I think it was). The Starfire was also an interesting aircraft, sort of an F-80 on steroids as it were Michael
  11. This is another kit I finished earlier this year and represents AE979, one of the few RAF Lightnings actually to wear roundels. The British and French ordered a total of 667 aircraft plus spares of the Lockheed Model 322. These differed from the version being ordered in small numbers by the USAAC in that the the first 143 aircraft would lack the superchargers fitted to the P38. After the fall of France the British took over the entire order calling the initial 143 Lightning I and the rest became Lightning IIs fitted with turbochargers. On test the Lightning I had a relatively poor performance and major concerns were expressed over control due to compressibility effects. This resulted in the USAAF (as the Air Corps had now become) taking over the order. The Lightning I became the P-322 and were used to convert some of the large number of new pilots being trained after Pearl Harbour and the Lightning II became incorporated in to the the P38F and P38G contracts. I have always liked the look of the Lightning in British markings since reading a conversion article by Alan Hall in the Airfix Magazine about 50 years ago and so when the RE models kit appeared I bought one. This is not a kit for beginners, the instructions are vague in places and the part numbers do match the instructions. to squeeze the maximum number of variants RS offer of alternative engine nacelles and I ended up marking the parts for use with a Sharpie to keep track of everything. There is also a lack any indication on a lot of parts as to position of undercarriage bays etc. Most major parts are butt joints and all need fettling to fit together, The cockpit interior needs work to fit it into the fuselage, especially with regards to depth and I do wonder if the manufacturer had built the kit. before release. Having said all that the one piece canopy was quite a good fit. The model was finished in Temperate Land Scheme with Sky undersurfaces using Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Colours that gave a bit of a contrast to other models I have finished in Xtracyrlix. Decals came from a Kits At War decal sheet. It needed a lot of weight to stay on its nose, but I am glad I persevered with it. Hope you like, Share and Enjoy!
  12. Has anyone done a side by side comparison between the HPH kit and the Bobcat masterpiece? Thank you.
  13. With the two interior sub-assemblies complete, painted, and ready to install, I've gone ahead and joined the fuselage halves. I fitted their exterior panels in the process - fore-warned is fore-armed, and from reviews I was aware they needed some slight sanding in order to get a reasonably flush fit: While they were sitting aside to set thoroughly, I put a couple more sub-assemblies together, namely the stub wings and engine nacelles and their exhausts:
  14. Been there. Done that too. I don't learn well. Chris
  15. Hi Glynn. Great to see you here with what should be another superb project! Very annoying about the lower hull tub - I can't offer any further suggestions to those provided above - not come across this issue with any kits....yet. Looking forward to seeing it in progress. Kind regards, Stix
  16. They are great paints, reminds me, I need to place another order fro Jamie soon... Geoff
  17. Did you overcoat the bare metal? Thank you.
  18. Look at her! Hope she has a lovely time convalescing, and doesn’t jump around too much Rob
  19. Shame about the canopy as you have done a great job with the painting and decaling. Not a mark of silver anywhere. Looks good and probably more realistic with the cover. Colin
  20. See the decal sheet in post 1 above- a particular boxing of the kit had your Race 80 covered.
  21. looks good so far, maybe time for a look to the entrance of the bulge on top, in front of the fin, that one doesn't look smooth
  1. Load more activity