This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. As I'm of on holiday this week and as we all eagerly await the server migration - I have been having a 'peek' at my 1/35 KING TIGER. As I mentioned earlier this will be my first ever 1/35 kit and I'm a 'bit' excited to say the least. I have some rather 'novice level' questions - if anyone can help. First of all - a quick look a the hull base shows the suspension is asymmetric... with the fittings - according to the instructions going on in opposite directions... ...can anyone explain the logic behind this - there must be some - but it is well beyond my understanding. thanks in advance - Steve
  3. Dear Modellers, I was a bit surprised, never thought there was so much interest in old airplanes of the Thirties. Fortunately, for many years, I have built several models in scratch, so in near future I like to show you some more. Here is an american built version, the Fokker F-10A, scratch, 1/48. It was developed from a F.VIIb/3m, the fuselage was wider and longer, and it had also the longer wingspan. The construction of my model is the same as the Super Universal, larger and there are two engines more Enjoy the pictures ! With kind regards, JohnHaa
  4. robw_uk

1/35 Mirror Models T-20 Komsomolet

Yes it is. Thanks. Like the cross on the hatch inner surface... Am still tempted to lad her with 2-4 stuks zu fuss rockets tho
  5. Redstaff

1/48 Tornado F3

Looking on Scalemates both the kit options are special anniversary schemes with painted tails for 111 and 23 squadron anniversaries, there are no normal squadron markings included as options by the looks of it Will have a check in the box when I get in though Ian
  6. This has to be one of the best representations of fading and weathering that I have ever seen, especially as you have followed a photo and kept to what the photo shows. Truly fantastic work Paul. Craig.
  7. JWM

Dornier 335 question

And on this photo it is clear that Junkers with ramp is Ju 352 Cheers J-W
  8. PhantomBigStu

***finished*** Airfix B-17 take 2

Calling it done, this point it’s trying to make warts less warty and seeing as long term I want to build an actual 8th airforce veteran example in its stead
  9. Martian Hale

Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Windows masked and black primer applied this morning. Martian
  10. Stevejj

Dornier 335 question

Thanks jwm still I got one right lol
  11. Thanks a lot for all your kinds comments. Much appriciated ! Have a look at my new entry. With kind regards, JohnHaa
  12. Just gorgeous!
  13. 72modeler

Last Northrop N9M Crashes

Tony and Chris, You both make solid and valid points. The topic is a double-edged sword- on the one hand, they are not inanimate object,s and to see, hear, and smell them in action is so much more impressive than standing behind a roped-off area to be viewed in a museum or at an airpark. On another hand, if a group or individual spends the incredible amount of time and money to recover and restore an aircraft, then they certainly have earned the right to operate said aircraft as they desire . On yet another hand, as many of these aircraft are the only existing examples of their type, and if you consider yourself a custodian of history, then I think (my opinion only!) you have an obligation to preserve the aircraft for all succeeding generations to enjoy. I guess, speaking as a person who has been around long enough to have had the joy of witnessing the sound, smell, and majesty of many classic aircraft in flight as well as a cold inanimate display artifact, the enthusiast in me loves to see them fly, but the modelmaker/historian in me wants to make sure they are available for study and remembrance. Does that make any sense? Mike
  14. Hamden

Blackburn Roc Floatplane Target Tug

Nice to see this back on the bench. Looking forward to seeing all your cockpit come to life with colour Roger
  15. Gorby

Does anybody give a grump?!!

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say. This bit is particularly cryptic. I've seen the video a couple of times and he is saying that the worlds population is becoming more educated not less. It's just that we in the west are ill informed about various subjects and it seems that the better educated we are, the more we are likely to jump to the wrong conclusions about the lives of those in the developing world.
  16. Just a quickie, I got the primer on the interior today, black to aid shading. I aim to get the interior colour on, on Friday. Martian
  17. modelling minion

KV-107 JGSDF Okinawa rescue scheme

Cheers Jabba, last few aerials to go tonight and then I think she might actually be finished. I shall be taking her along to the MK model show on Sunday so feel free to pop over and have a look at her in the flesh. Thank you so much Fabio! I've been going crazy trying to find a decent picture of the rotorhead and now I don't need to bother and can spend this evening getting the last little bits on to her.
  18. Christer A

Spitfire Mk IX MH434

Thirded! Aussie Eight markings for Spit #2 is a very intriguing idea. What will it be?
  19. Vince1159

When the silencers on the Chally went i replaced them with two cherry bombs,how i never got done for excessive noise i'll never know,she was a mobile earthquake.....
  20. Back to the works. Nothing much to say: adding external details, nav lights, antennas,… and checking for flaws before going to the paint station. It's also time for a quick dress rehearsal Until next, Cheers, Quang
  21. 224 Peter

Another thing that set me off this morning.... It seems that in deference to the PC lobby hence forth it will not be acceptable to refer to a ship, a boat, a steam engine, a car, a plane or, indeed anything mechanical as "she". it seems that this is insulting to the fair sex and a load of people who need to get a life.
  22. harveyb258

Avions Voisin Record 1927 1/8

Each update is a treat and a pleasure to follow, Sir. Tres bon, monsieur.
  23. Jinxman

Aston Martin barn find

Wow, just wow...
  24. Nick Belbin

Spitfire full nose cowel

Slightly off topic but it was such a shame the Vintage Fighter Series Mk XIV didn’t come to fruition . . . Nick
  25. Thanks Ian For the exhaust I just used a mixture of XF-16 flat alu and X-12 gold as a base then used the tamiya weathering kit and some X-11 silver to get the desired effect. Lol know what you mean the engineer certainly has a strange stance His hand is supposed to be on a large call button, might add some cables between the radio, button and headset to make it look a bit more believable!
  26. Tzulscha

FOUR What it’s Worth

please don't fall off
  1. Load more activity