All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That would have been helpful, but not included unfortunately πŸ˜• I glued one side, left it half hour then glued the other while I still had a bit of flex, had to twist and pull about a bit, but seems to sit flat Ian πŸ˜€
  3. Brilliant! I daresay you chose the right scheme - the more β€œcivilian” look gives it an elegance that doesn’t show up so much in military dress. Very beautifully done! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
  4. here's the floor ,fuel tank, radio equipment and dash board. My night vision Delta force goggles are a little outa whack, i think the gyroscope on the laser lock has a bit of a wobble that's causing the paint missiles to cluster bomb...or it was all the coffee i drank. the side walls are nearly done just need clear and pin wash. Hopefully the gyroscope in the goggles will be fixed and a little more on target with the next Picture post. -HH
  5. I'll be looking over your shoulder. Steve.
  6. Really nice work. And this version with dirt is really good!
  7. Love that! Really nice build! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  8. I still haven’t done any of the rigging subjects from my stash yet (e.g., 1/72 Mitsubishi Pete & Airfix Tigermoth). Not sure if your fantastic work encourages me or discourages me. 😬 Very well done! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
  9. Excellent! I built mine without research, so your colour choices are surely more accurate! The yellow underside and black nose do give it more character I think. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  10. high temperature exhaust plume (aaand we're back on farts)
  11. Yeah, I’m six years late too, but I have to say those Venturas are awesome. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  12. You have done nice work with decals. And good to hear that not too much trouble.
  13. LC2 more beautiful, but R18 made the distance πŸ˜€
  14. Today
  15. Hasegawa 1/72 B-26C-45-MO With kits-world decals, and many setbacks during the build... I'm not going to lie... I like WWII now... Thanks for another great GB, and many thanks for the motivation and good words during the build, Guys! Cheers, Mario
  16. I order a lot of supplies from Sunward, free shipping in Canada on orders of $60 or more, including paint is hard to beat. The sale is a good sign for those who want one. Maybe not so much for HB. Cheers Jeff
  17. I finally worked out a good technique for spraying this, so thought I’d add my experience for future searches. I’d suffered the same pooling/running as above, which I’d been trying to avoid by reducing psi in steps. I got down to 10 psi and still had the same issues, with a further lack of atomisation causing blobs to appear all over the surface. Before giving up for good, I thought I’d experiment on a mule for a while. In an effort to just try something different, I went back up to 30 psi to achieve nice atomisation. Then experimented with distance. I found I can achieve really nice fine results with 30 psi, and holding the model at arms length away from the airbrush. This is with the trigger just edged back a fraction to start spraying. Pooling and running don’t seem to occur at that distance unless you’re careless, but the mist is still wet enough to give a very smooth finish. Coverage is pretty good, I find that two passes are enough. I’m not sure how you’d get in close to handle intakes etc. maybe a prepass with Tamiya XF16 would be enough there. All the above is with an HP.CS and standard 0.35 nozzle.
  18. A very nice nostalgia build. As a qualified submariner, I could write volumes about the kit's accuracy, but... Suffice to say it's the roomiest submarine interior I have ever seen.
  19. Hi for those in Canada sunward hobbies have the 1:48 B-25J in the clearance section already not sure if this is a good sign ? cheers jerry https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/hobby-boss-us-b-24j-liberator-1-48-scale-81774/
  20. My very longsuffering wife allows β€œplastic creep” from the den (aka model room) into the living room… BTW while I’m waiting for the monster to arrive, for a training run, I’m having a bash at the Mach 2 Britannia. Bash is the operative word… Cheers!
  21. Tashkent was built on an Italian shipyard in Livorno 11 Jan. 1937. When completed the destroyer was delivered October 1939 to the Black Sea fleet without guns. The Russian navy fitted Tashkent with arms shortly before the German army invaded Russia. βš“πŸ‘
  22. That's a good question, Pat. I've read those two books in the past (I thought I had a copy of Scramble but can't now find it) and never thought about the gap. I have an idea that he was sent home sick from Malta and then went on to a training role. But I may well be thinking of someone else. The conditions on Malta took their toll on the Pilots. And of course everyone else there. World of books has one called Questions of guilt by him. And there is Gun button to fire but that is the Battle of Britain. I recently re-read First Light, and it is still an excellent read and hard to put down
  23. I've recently read Tom's autobiography 'Scramble' which covers his time from joining the RAF right through the BoB and on to his exploits over Malta which came to an end at the close of 1941. I'm also now reading 'The Silver Spitfire' which covers his service from early 1944 until the war's end, both being first rate reads and only matched IMHO by Geoffrey Wellum's 'First Light' book. However this leaves the period from early 1942 to the end of 1943 so did he also write about his exploits during this time? I know his books have been 'reconfigured' over time and that 'Scramble' for example combines a couple of his books into one tome but what about 1942-43? I'd love to know if there is such a book as his accounts are quite superb and I'd love to fill in the gaps of one of our most successful fighter pilots who seems to go under the radar a wee bit compared with the likes of Bader, Tuck, Nicholson, Johnson etc. Pat.
  24. A 'Goldilocks' finish - everything 'just right'. That's very nicely done indeed.
  1. Load more activity