This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I bought the Roden 1/72 scale kit when I found it at a very nice price. For a long time I wanted a 1914 version of it but as the Roden kit is a 1920 version I have to convert it. As it isn't much use cutting the plastic if I can't get some spoked wheels for it I decided to start with the wheels. I am not aware of any wheels suitable, so I have to improvise. I started by adding the diameter of a plastic tube with thin plastic strips and cut pieces for tires from it. The shape was sanded, and putty will be brushed on to get a smooth finish. I wasn't happy with the result, so I looked at the spare part boxes even though I had little hope of finding any WW1 aircraft wheels that I could use. Needing eight wheels doesn't make it easier but I found three sets from the Junkers F13 that I can use, and I have another kit that will be built with floats, so I’ll get the missing wheels there. Eduard etched spokes added. I think it will work. But what about the turret in the Roden kit? It is hard to tell in this scale, but I think it is the higher 1920's model. I don't trust the drawings I have, they show the same turret on both the 1914 and 1920's cars.
  3. shizheng18

China 1947

i like you said 'human interest', that s what i want to talk with this diorama,I don't like the scene of killing.
  4. I know what you mean about " modern " airliners. Just last month I had to make a quick trip across Canada to my home province of Nova Scotia. Man oh man, are those seats crap and sitting there for 5 hours is definitely bum-numbing! I managed to void all my internal waste storage before boarding ( both there and back ) so I didn't have to sample the on-board facilities. Chris
  5. Yesterday
  6. cngaero

Blue Steel bomb trolley

I'm looking forward to these forthcoming additions to your range Neil.
  7. redleader

Dora Heinrich

Dora Heinrich redux: Thought I could improve things a bit; clean stuff up and add more detail... so here's MkII RB Productions Seat Belts, Quickboost resin ammo drums (with Eduard photo etch straps) and Airscale decals
  8. VMA131Marine

How good is Airfix at following product suggestions?

Trumpeter's problem is poor/inadequate primary research. When they get good source materials they have proved capable of getting excellent results. Yes, outsourcing introduces cost and complexity to the design process, the important question is whether it saves money overall.
  9. I'm not sure. I haven't examined my kit that closely yet. Chris
  10. Tony Whittingham

Al Williams Grumman Gulfhawk 4

Thanks 72modeler, It also looks to me that there’s no fold. Looking forward to hear any and all opinions on this one. I was planning a 1/32 build. Orange is the new blue! TW
  11. VMA131Marine

How good is Airfix at following product suggestions?

That's not the definition of market saturation. It just means you don't want to see another BF109/Spitfire/P-51/etc. If the market were saturated, Tamiya would not just have invested in new tool kits in 1/72 and 1/48.
  12. Corsairfoxfouruncle

Me 410 armament

I found this page, http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/DETAILSITE/DE/410/me410.htm left side of screen marked Armament layout diagram. It give a detailed schematic of a 410 A1
  13. CedB

Airfix 1/72 Spitfire XIX

Nice work Charlie
  14. More nice work Phil I've scrapped the flat EZ Line in favour of the Infini stuff from Jamie at Sovereign Hobbies - much better IMHO and available in different gauges. Can't provide a link at the mo as the site's closed for the Scottish Nationals
  15. PeterB

Me 410 armament

Hi Dennis, I know what the armament was, it's the actual location that is the problem. One source says the cannon in the middle of the nose and the mg in the troughs at the side, and the other says the exact opposite, hence my request. I posted on this forum in error and have now posted again on the WWII one. No prob with the extra guns in the bomb bay container as they are not in dispute. At the moment I am going with the mg in the side troughs but have a few weeks before I have to make the final decision where to put the ruddy gun barrels. That's part of the fun with this hobby - the more references you build up the more likely they are to contradict each other, or so I have found over the last 60+ years! Still, as there only 2 preserved 410 and the one on your side of the pond is not currently available, I guess it is not surprising - 109s are a lot easier. Thanks for your prompt reply. Cheers Pete
  16. lasermonkey

What was your first single and album.

First single I bought for myself: If The Kids Are United by Sham 69. Don't judge, I was only twelve! First album I bought for myself: Paranoid by Black Sabbath.
  17. CedB

The mighty hunter

Good on yer Stu - I think you'll enjoy the build more if you just follow the kit!
  18. rob Lyttle

CT-133 Silver Star 133542 1/48 Academy

Ah... Okay Not just the one GB then! Didn't want you to be twiddling your thumbs while you were waiting for the rest of us. But it doesn't look like there's ANY CHANCE of that in the fore-seeable...
  19. PF Naughton

HMS King George V

Hi, Your build looks great. I particularly like how you painted the cranes. Pat
  20. brewerjerry

Me 410 guns query

Hi might be worth browsing the manuals here http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.com/ cheers jerry
  21. Corsairfoxfouruncle

Italian Stallion

Im not sure i understand the issue ? The canopy should sit up to a small degree above the fuselage on the real mustang. What Ive done is use low tack school grade white glue, i think thats pva glue. I tack the canopy in place, paint the model. I then pop the canopy off, sand and touch up the sills. Another method Ive used is blue tack to hold canopies in place for painting. It does two things one it holds it all in place. And two it seals it quite well against paint seepage/spray. Dennis
  22. Jasonb13

Tamiya 1:48 F-117A Grey Dragon

Little bit more work done! All the various bomb bay and undercarriage parts are basically finished now (though I still have to paint the wheels). Got the matt coat on them this evening, and did a little bit of dry fitting with the bomb bay... The seeker heads on the Paveways are done with a little bit of Clear Blue over Semi-Gloss Black, as I find the Clear Blue adds a hue to the Black which I like. I'll probably do the same for the two cameras on this aircraft as well. I need to figure out how much of the Bomb Bay stuff to put in now, and how much to leave out to make masking easier when I'm painting the airframe! But for the moment the next steps are some tidy ups on the lights on the undercarriage, doing the wheels as well. and then adding the bomb bay and wheel wells to the underside of the fuselage. Then I can move on to the cockpit!
  23. Beazer

CT-133 Silver Star 133542 1/48 Academy

Welllll I haven’t thought of that actually. I did finish a P-38m Night Lightning but that was before the build started... I have the sharkmouth next month, then the d-day build in June, blitz build, year I was born build, floatplanes, mustang build, and I think a couple others... Ive somewhat budgeted for one model a month with spare time for others on the bench as I want to be involved in as many subjects as possible. Maybe I should look at finding another oddball? I’ll look in the stash lol. *Found an Eduard F-104 Limited Edition with RCAF decals... it’s tempting.
  24. bentwaters81tfw

Planes of Fame N9M Fatal Crash

Sad news. Loss of the pilot and a unique airframe. The link does not play in the UK.
  25. busnproplinerfan

FOUR What it’s Worth

like fingernails on pantyhose
  26. I'm not familiar with either one of those kits, but I wouldn't be surprised. Cheers, Hoops
  1. Load more activity