This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Corsairfoxfouruncle

A-7a Corsair VA-56 tail codes

There are a number of good photo’s of VA-56 A-7’s (A’s, B’s, & E’s) in this link but you will need to scroll down a bit. The pre-dominant codes are NF for A-7A’s & A-7E’s, NE for the A-7B’s. http://www.seaforces.org/usnair/VA/Attack-Squadron-56.htm https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Navy_and_U.S._Marine_Corps_Aircraft_Tail_Codes According to the wikipedia link the AH Code ceased being used in 1960-61. I hope it helps in some fashion. Dennis
  3. Skodadriver

Filling advice

Look out for a pm
  4. Hubba

Much maligned Dragon M103A2 1/35

Hey, a little overdue for an update, been busy with work and Grandson's school holidays but I've squeezed in a fair few hours sticking this thing together After reading online reviews and build blogs I picked up some hints on improving some the kit's many flaws and will be having a go at some of them, anyhow here are some pics of progress so far, firstly the hull & suspension, my what a lot of sanding these wheels needed Sprockets require mud holes and slight modification of their shape More to follow
  5. Mick4350

FOUR What it’s Worth

Lambs a bit deer
  6. 71chally

Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hunter Question

The good news though is that Airfix will be releasing the Hunter F.4 so most of the above mods will have been done. The illustrations for this kit also show a Suez Conflict F.5 option. Strictly speaking there are still the vent differences that Mark mentions above between an F.4 & 5.
  7. silberpferd

Lockheed F-5G recce Lightning

A few pictures from ebay auctions, most probably showing F-5Gs from 41st Photo Recon Squadron based in Guam in the summer of 1945, black tail tips, and red tip on spinners, if my information is correct. Laurent
  8. 825

Vultee Vengeance TTIV

Sit rep as of today. Lot of painting down and the fuselage almost complete. The wings needed a bit of tidying up and there is still a coat of paint on the leading edges needed. Will need to mask the yellow and get the black stripes on before the wings are assembled and fixed to the fuselage. I might fabricate some spars to fix the wings on as they are intended for a butt join. The only problem is there's is a massive resin block as part of the cockpit interior in the way. As well as the cockpit interior. Some small parts cleaned up and bagged.
  9. Admiral Puff

FOUR What it’s Worth

with old, greasy chip wrappers
  10. In view of the passing of Richard Cole, the last surviving Doolittle Raider, I have attached a link to some interesting photos of the NAA assembly plant and modification center at Fairfax, KS, along with some interesting original color photos, some of which I know you have seen. The main website is a very interesting one, with sectional charts, period, and present-day photos of numerous airfields and airports that are no longer active. I hope this is an appropriate place to post this topic, but Mike, if you feel it best, please move to a more suitable location. Mike http://www.airfields-freeman.com/KS/Airfields_KS_E.htm#fairfax
  11. Admiral Puff

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part II

My pair of Sunderland Vs has arrived from Special Hobby - very nice! Surface detail much better than the Italeri I/III (mind you, that wouldn't be hard ...). I've already started measuring the fuselage halves of one of them for the first Sandringham conversion, which is where I'll be going with both of them. I might get another later to do a 10RAAF or 461RAAF Mk V. Interesting collection of parts. It looks as though SH has plans to do some Peggy-engined versions further down the track. There are alternate early and late turrets, a beautiful set of Yagi ASV aerials, straight and faired hull steps, no less than four alternative upper fuselage panels (Mk I/II, with the two single gun openings, turreted, turreted with the turret opening faired over, and very late/Sandringham style without the hump) and a few other early-Mark bits and bobs that surely wouldn't be there if they weren't meant for use at some time or other ...
  12. Rabbit Leader

Frog Squad Model Kits GB 1/6 to 22/9/2019

Thanks Pete, between Scalemates and the Richard Lines & Leif Hellstrom "Frog Model Aircraft 1932-76" publication, I'm pretty sure I've got all I need to put something together. Just flicking through the back section of this book I noticed that some kits were issued with more than one 'F' number, this could prove to be a bit of a challenge so will see how we start and if it gets too hard (perhaps) use a different category to list them in. Cheers.. Dave
  13. 72modeler

77th years from Doolittle raid

Richard Cole was a true gentleman, class act, and an amazing aviator; he went west on Tuesday at the age of 103, here in San Antonio; he lived in Kerrville, TX. I had the honor and privilege of meeting him and talking to him on at least two occasions when he would come to our annual IPMS USA chapter contest along with several other pilots from WW2 and Korea to meet entrants and spectators and sign autographs. He was very down-to-earth and modest about what he and the other Raiders had done, and said to a man they would have followed Jimmy Doolittle to the gates of Hell and back. He and his kind will be missed, but never forgotten. I am betting there is one heckuva group reunion going on in some celestial party room for the 80 men who are gone, now. CAVU skies and a brisk tail-wind, sir! See the attached link. Mike https://www.dallasnews.com/obituaries/obituaries/2019/04/09/richard-cole-last-wwii-doolittle-raider-dies-texas-103
  14. 825

Miles Martinet TT1

Lots of little things done, tidied up and drilled out the exhausts, tidied up the undercarriage parts and removed the resin parts from the blocks. Big job was to assemble the engine, cowling and breather tubes, then attach to the fuselage. Engine isnt isn't perfect but I'll take the advice of someone else d not take photographs from the front. Little bits popped into into a little bag to prevent loss.
  15. Immaculate rendering of an interesting and aesthetic design. Great modelling! Alan
  16. almac

A-7a Corsair VA-56 tail codes

Thanks for all the info. I'll do a bit of research at the sites you mentioned and hopefully get some clarity. I didn't know the codes related to the carrier wing I assumed it belonged to the the squadron. Thanks again for your help. Cheers Allan
  17. Soko G-4 Super Galeb - Aeropoxy resin 1/72 , old YUMO plastic kit, repop in resin. SFR Yugoslavia 1980's Serbian AF 2000's
  18. Nikolay Polyakov

Tony and Val love story, I turn to meatball now

My Cat always does... Very lovely thread, @corsaircorp! It’s nice to see how you’re enjoying this build. Yes, I saw it on the video and it’s looks very useful and easy to use, too. Unfortunately, I don’t know where to find it in Russia. Cheers!
  19. Tony Oliver

Too many 1/72 Hobbyboss F-14 Tomcats

Done! Will get some proper pics in a couple weeks. Need to do these, the eggcat and some of the updates to my earlier builds.
  20.   qsODYOw.jpg

Q12R0Hr.jpg

Yay it worked!! Thanks for the hint @modelglue 

21. Thank you for the info. I'll look into that site also. I've made MHU-85/M trailers in 1/32nd scale because I cast wheel ans tire assembles from an old Monogram 2 1/2 ton army truck kit. Thanks again Ron VanDerwarker
  22. Hairtrigger

Me 262

Very nice... Particular favourite of mine the Me 262. Not really a critism, but your mottling is perhaps a little too perfect.
  23. theplasticsurgeon

Tim's T2V-1 Seastar

Fuselage stitched together. Has anybody ever built this kit?
  24. Revell Germany. I suggested a reissue of their BAe 146 kit, as eBay prices on it are insane, and they replied with a polite "Nein".
  25. Troffa

77th years from Doolittle raid

An amazing feat of airmanship. Thanks for the reminder!
  1. Load more activity