This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Corsairfoxfouruncle

Lieutenant Nikalaos Votsis.

Wow great looking figure Roger.
  3. That must make it a bit crowded in there.
  4. Beardie

FOUR What it’s Worth

genetic tampering gone wild
  5. Hi again, I finally got time to post the latest work done on this build, though it was done mid-March and I haven't done any more work since. So, first I finished preparing the small parts for painting. One of the inter-wing struts had a pitot tube, which is poorly represented in plastic and must be replaced by a PE part (No.20 in the PE fret): IMAG6164 The PE part bent to shape: IMAG6165 The plastic stub was cut off and the PE part glued in place: IMAG6166 Finally, here are all struts and small parts ready for painting: IMAG6167 Next, I noticed that the cockpit interior would be visible through the underside opening on the nose piece, through which the exhausts pass: IMAG6163 A picture of the real thing (from the walkarounds here in BM) shows that there was a bulkhead separating the cockpit from the engine, painted interior green: http://www.britmodeller.com/walkarounds/aircraft/tigermoth/G-ANKT/k2585%2016.jpg So, I decided to make a bulkhead from plasticard. I started by drawing the external profile of the nose cover on paper: IMAG6168 The paper profile was cut off with scissors and adjusted to fit the front opening of the fuselage: IMAG6169 This was used as a template to make the bulkhead from plasticard, which is here shown in a test fit: IMAG6170 It must be painted interior green and glued in place. Next, I took care of the tail fin. I read in my references that the rudder always turned left when the aircraft was unattended on the ground. So, I decided to cut the rudder off the fin and put it in the correct position for added realism. I started with the tail fin part: IMAG6171 and cut off the rudder using a micro-saw: IMAG6172 I also removed the small stubs representing the control horns of the rudder, as they will be replaced by PE parts. Before cutting them off I marked their position with small cuts on the inner edge of the rudder: IMAG6175 Here's the rudder ready for application of the PE parts: IMAG6176 The control horns of the tail plane will also be replaced by PE parts and must be removed. Here I had already removed one: IMAG6173 To allow the installation of the PE control horns, small 0,3mm holes were drilled on the tail plane: IMAG6174 That's as far as I managed to progress recently. I haven't managed to do any additional work, as my German course takes precedence. Thanks for looking. Jaime
  6. This looks good, I've just started to build mine having had it in the stash for 18 months!
  7. Will Vale

Zarbag's Gitz

Thanks folks, I was very pleased with how the glows came out as I wasn't sure how to approach the smoke/glow transition at first. Four more goblins to go then I can have a break, although I've spent the last couple of evenings cleaning up and building some other figures as a bit of light relief. I think I might try and put some paint on the fanatic (ball & chain guy) today though! Cheers, Will
  8. Thanks Simon After today's charging about at high speed I'm beginning to think that glueing the puppy down may not be that bad an idea! As long as you're still enjoying the important things in life John, all's well I have Giorgio, thanks. This one was labelled 'Pinot Noir' Yes, but soooooo many coats, and then micro-meshing. I wish I had your brushing skills Adrian I think they'll cover large areas Joseph, with care. When you first apply the chrome there's a sort of fizziness and then it self-levels. As long as you make sure there's no lumps / gaps I think you should be fine Thanks tweeky - but is that an inert missile? I think the colours differ depending on the fuel / explosive. I'm just going to do mine as per the discussions here Second DSG coat on: Micro-meshing tomorrow.
  9. Well worth the effort - lovely job. Pete
  10. trickyrich

Vietnam

gosh it might be easier to build it up in the loft due to its size. I remember seeing a couple of these during the "Pitch Black" exercise up in Darwin 1988 (one did a bombing run of the base). One of them flew in Operation Arc-light. The crew reckoned there was still shrapnel in the tail. There's now one one permeant display at the aviation museum up there. Thats the idea! Either of those would be nice to see, the AC-119 would be a little bit different. Thanks for that, you've managed to bet @Col., though I suspect he hasn't seen the thread. Wow this is quite a popular subject from the response already, thanks for coming along, I've started the list.
  11. Lovely job, I built this a few years back and spent about 2 weeks on the panelling with lots of tiny pieces of masking tape - I think I did about 6 layers in total with different shades of grey!
  12. I tried the new one, a reboxing of ICM's kit. Can't recommend that one.... Not at all... She ended up as a crashed diorama (still working on it slowly as a side project). Might try this kit instead.
  13. Fabulous. It looks very striking in that scheme. Pete
  14. Adam Poultney

Filling advice

Fill the windshield and use a decals instead maybe? I've got an abandoned Revell A320, Ibroke the cockpit glass and chipped a sharklet (winglet) so I just can't be bothered to finish it with all the filling and a new tool of the neo version coming soon, and I plan to use decals on that if I ever decide to finish the build
  15. Barry Scott sat in one of them in a Cillit Bang commercial. Nice collection! Marc
  16. Kallisti

Eagle Transporter

The 22" kit is so much better than the old MPC/Airfix kit, I would leave the 'little un' and get on with the proper kit There is a rumour that Round 2 this year will release a new tool of the 12" Eagle, just like last year they produced a new tool of the Hawk. Personally I WANT a 22" Laboratory Eagle
  17. Ratch

Milton Keynes MODELKRAFT 2019 NEW VENUE

I spoke to Vince at Cosford and he said that whilst Sunday was quiet at Perth, it was just too far to travel to MK, so undoable.
  18. Editor thing doesn't clear after posting a comment. At least on mobile this has happened.
  19. Paul, That looks awesome! Really well done. All the best! Don
  20. 72modeler

Lockheed F-5G recce Lightning

RP, It's going to be pretty hard to find photos of operational F-5G's, I think, because they were all modifications of production P-38L's, I doubt any made it to the ETO or MTO, but went to the PTO because of the late date they were manufactured. The photos Laurent has posted are more than I have ever seen before or have in my reference library, but I did find a few photos of lesser quality that I have posted below as a link. Not surprisingly, many of the restored/airworthy P-38's are former F-5G's that have been converted back to P-38L's, most likely because they were very low-time airframes when they were surplused at the end of the war. Going to be very shiny but very plain! You might also do a photo search of the various PR squadrons to see what they might have in their archives. Best I can do, sorry! Mike http://vintageairphotos.blogspot.com/2012/01/pacific-photo-lightnings.html
  21. Roy vd M.

Delage 15-S-8 Grand Prix (1/8)

Thanks @Pouln for your (continued) interest in this build and for subscribing to my Youtube channel. Bathroom You're right, it has been a very intensive last half year. After much trouble the bathroom is in its finalisation stage and I hope work will have been completed next week. A lot of detail work on the house has to be done but the bathroom really was top priority because only last week have we been able to take a shower in our own home, for the first time since moving there in October 2018. That's seven months of having to travel 15 miles to be able to take a shower... imagine the perfect satisfaction felt upon touching the first homebrewed drops of rainy showering. Modelling cycles To me the desire to scale-model comes and goes, as it most probably ever will as long as my health will allow me, with almost cyclical precision. This cycle was once suppressed during my hobby-exercising dark ages labeled early puberty, have during these last couple of months been suppressed once more. I am really looking forward to get back to the Fusion 360 drawing board; if I had the chance to do so today I would. Alas, beside the necessary finishing jobs regarding our house there has been a growing demand for my legal services. I've never had to complain about lack of clients or cases but the last half year this has started to rise even more opportunely. This has led to working weeks of, totalling, 80 to 90 hours. That's why I even did not have time to follow the forum's updates lately, to my sincere regret. I hope I'll be able to rejoin around summer... can't wait to get back to Fusion 360, you can be sure of that. Peter Giddings Meanwhile now I'm at it, though on a very different and sad note, it is with the utmost of respect and grief to inform you that last January Peter Giddings has deceased. To even start introductions of who Peter Giddings is would take a considerate amount of text so I'll simply refer to the website http://petergiddings.com/ containing an overview of his life as well as the cars he owned and raced. Peter has been the proud owner of the Delage 15-S-8 chassis #4, which after the 1927 championship season was raced by Richard Seaman, among others. Peter and I had e-mail contact about the build progress and expressed true interest in what I had been planning to do and how to do it. In 2018 we met in Paris at Retromobile, where I also had the opportunity to measure chassis #3 owned by Christophe Pund. I would not have gone there though if it wasn't for Peter's invitation to meet. Last-minute tickets were bought and I went there. People who know me would likely say I'm a man without much drama, so having that in mind let me tell you this meeting with Peter was a mind-changing experience. I don't remember ever having been that awe-inspired by a character like Peter's. He talked about racing, in all modesty, about his newest treasure (a completely restored Alfa Romeo Alfetta, the Formula 1 championship season of 1950 winning car driven by Nino Farina)... we were sitting on chairs watching the car from a distance and at one point a little kid went very, very (upsettingly) close to the car. Mind that the paint had barely dried (the restoration had been finalised just in time for Retromobile, Peter and the restoration firm intending this considered-lost car to be one of the surprises and highlights of Retromobile)... I saw Peter watching this kid get very close to the priceless car (held by his father, but being close enough to touch the paint), so as if Peter had not noticed I told him 'Peter, this kid is really coming close! And this is only the beginning of the exhibition week; have you considered protecting the Alfa by putting it behind lines?' upon which Peter, still his eyes on the kid and his car, walked to parent and child, shook father's hand and asked the kid whether he wanted to sit behind the wheel. I was mindblown. But so it happened; the kid in the 68-year old seat grinned from ear to ear, almost splitting his head in two, as he sat in the Alfa Romeo while pictures were taken by father and more and more onlookers who had started to notice this gem of a car. Upon returning to his seat and seeing my raised eyebrows, he simply told me "Roy, children are the future. We have to cherish their enthusiasm for vintage motor racing. To me this is a car that will be raced. I'll race it and blemish it and scratch it. Let the kid have some fun before I do that." (Here is a video of this exact car being fired up and driven by the chief restorer, Jim Stokes... you may or may not agree that this could be the most beautiful piece of machinery ever to have left the factories of Alfa Romeo) After one hour of him talking, me talking, us exchanging opinions and me trying to take it all in, to my astonishment I noticed that in reality three hours (!!) had gone by. I could not believe it. What an experience this was... Peter has managed to really influence my way of considering motor sport history, and what a cherished decision it was to get to Paris to meet him. Now I realise this would have been my only chance. May Peter forever rest in peace.
  22. Ratch

Spraying Klear

I've had cheap airbrushes that were useless and others that were quite adequate. One of the clones cost £30 and was as good as my Iwata HPC+ (at £175) so sometimes its just luck of the draw.
  23. Hubba

Much maligned Dragon M103A2 1/35

Rear doors need their surrounds removing and repositioning of the handles Some photos of the general superstructure and details That's it for now, turret and gun mantlet next Here's the barrel I'll be using
  24. Corsairfoxfouruncle

A-7a Corsair VA-56 tail codes

There are a number of good photo’s of VA-56 A-7’s (A’s, B’s, & E’s) in this link but you will need to scroll down a bit. The pre-dominant codes are NF for A-7A’s & A-7E’s, NE for the A-7B’s. http://www.seaforces.org/usnair/VA/Attack-Squadron-56.htm https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Navy_and_U.S._Marine_Corps_Aircraft_Tail_Codes According to the wikipedia link the AH Code ceased being used in 1960-61. I hope it helps in some fashion. Dennis
  25. Skodadriver

Filling advice

Look out for a pm
  1. Load more activity