This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. But will the 4 vehicles be a decent size or will I need binoculars to see them?
  3. Lovely collection Gary. Looks like you have always been a good modeller! Cheers Malcolm
  4. I used Alclad’s Aquagloss at various stages to seal it in. A few months ago I did have a look for the old Monogram Kingfisher but couldn’t find one that wasn’t silly money. Shame as it would look great next to this one. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. Duncan B
  5. I couldn't live with the closed boxlike structure, so I traced it on a plastic card to have a pattern for the shelf, took a saw to it and cut it away. After some work I got a shelf glued to the battery box, made a simple rendition of the switchbox located on it and painted it all. I also added the photoetched instrument panel, but decided that just using clear gloss would be enough for the glass, and regretted that immediately. Once you have started using clear plastic there is no going back, it just can't compare. This will just need some semi gloss shine and electrical cables (there are a LOT of those in the X-1 cockpit!) to be ready for use. And I have entertained myself making the door. One of the photoetched handles broke off, so I had to replace them both with stretched sprue. I added an etched part from an Eduard Me-108 which didn't make it and some sprue, to make it more like the real thing. A quick and sloppy (the upper line is not straight ) run with a riveting tool added subtle and nice details. This is the first time I have used a riveting wheel, and it certainly won't be the last! I will need to make a proper door release handle in time. The door is still not totally correct, but at least a lot better than it is out of the box.
  6. Beautiful result Duncan. Never heard of this kit but it looks pretty good! Cheers Malcolm
  7. Lovely looking Meatbox. Nice tidy build and subtle weathering. Cheers Malcolm
  8. Ditto...I also ordered my two from Hannants 2 years ago. Could you let the forum know if you hear anything from them please and I'll do the same.
  9. Continuing with the Bucc, and a HUGE thank you to @Scimitar for a plethora of spares and decals for improving this kit. You're a gentleman sir, I hope the build does your generosity justice. Included in the box of goodies were some sets of wings, far superior to the fat Airfix ones in the old kit. I filed the tips as per the instructions for an S.1.
  10. Can't wait for more! Looking like a great build.
  11. Really good looking build and a most interesting subject. Congrats on a superb result
  12. Hey guys sorry for the absence I was away for a bit. I saw the Apollo 10 re-entry capsule it was pretty cool and a Soyuz capsule too. Anyway I haven't had much time at the bench with other things in the way. I have started to paint the smaller.details and I have assembled the bombs, and painted them. So not long until decalling. I assumed the build would be finished by now but it's almost there.
  13. And something Panther related. Resumed the work on the Jagdpanther Dio that I made a figure for, this is where wa are atm and the Dragon Panther G for scale comparison.
  14. Graham Boak

Pre War Hurricanes

Smithy: you didn't say, I didn't say you did say, but in the context of the argument it was implied, deliberately or not. Otherwise why mention it? As I said, it is the relevance that matters, and matters were complex..
  15. You not thinking of their original P38J kit? The P38F kit is a far cry from that old and not golden kit
  16. It was great to meet at last, yesterday evening Ralph. As for explaining that spend to the wife, I can only wish you the very best of luck! The amazing build continues Kevin. I am curious with all this brass, what will you use to clean, and then prime it? I've had variable results with priming then painting small bits of brass. Terry
  17. If only! There hasn’t been a tall tail BUFF at the bone yard in a couple of decades
  18. I thought that, but there's also a little step-up in the demarcation aft of that.
  19. 30 years ago in 1989 that Kit was a musty old antique!
  20. Your best to date - echo all of the above. Super modeling skills coupled with excellent imagination (Lyrical in fact!!!!) Rob
  21. Thanks!! The MiG-9 was a very interesting plane and first jet of the People’s Republic of China.
  22. Any lacquer thinner will do the job.
  23. This is going to be Great, and another opportunity for people to learn about doing the wood effect. Good luck with the build Cheers Pat
  24. I saw something similar on a Russian Web forum. Used Google Translator. Too bad it was 1.5 years ago.....
  1. Load more activity