All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You just need to learn the proper handshakes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5LPz85KO0
  3. Well, you seem to handling yourself well so far, nice work!
  4. Me too, an hour EACH WAY, before I was made redundant. I don't miss it. It's time that isn't yours and costs you money. Then go for it. 👍 Don't work any longer than you have to. It seems that we both have daughters with similar names. Ours is approaching 32. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.
  5. All sorts of stuff in the outside air. Dust from the sahara (and closer - like nearby builders, tree surgeons etc), pollen from trees (a single tree can produce millions of floaty things) and from flowers and grass plus teeny insects, spores from fungus, smoke particles. Think I'll stop now - but you probably get the idea.
  6. Check with Joe's Models in Fulton, Missouri, USA for a great selection of Aeroclub parts in 1/144, 1/72, etc. He likely has what you're looking for. Do not, however, mention Churchill! He can't stand him. Tell Joe that Alex sent 'ya. I'm a satisfied customer.
  7. I thought I would have to also. But with the right financial advisor and living within our means I managed to retire 18 months before pension age.
  8. Nice work! Very excited to get to this one. It may not be something you'd want to do at this point, but backdated Crusader wheels for this kit are now available on eBay. The gentleman who 3D prints them did a nice job.
  9. Great job on this Bombay, especially considering it's an oldie from Valom and not easy to work with.
  10. Good ole Fimo again. Tried a Giger baby with a maggoty vibe
  11. The C-130 shown here is definitely the ESCI kit, not the Airfix Herc, judging from the engraved lines, cockpit windows, and nose shape. The Landie Series 1 appears to be either a repainted Oxford Miniatures one, or a HEAVILY modified Airfix model. If the latter, hats off to @cardiff guy for a complete remake, including details such as recesses for the door handles and a revised "hard top" with reinforcement ribs. Either way, beautiful work and something special to behold. Now you need to scratch-build the fire control radar on a pedestal mount!
  12. Nice looking TStreak! I have a couple kits by Sword and I'm looking forward to building one soon, even though they're short run it looks like they put some nice effort into their products.
  13. Many thanks Ed. I was much happier with the Tamiya mix. The Mig Portland Stone was much lighter. Didn't like it at all. John.
  14. 1st plastic cut and dry fitting time, to find the 'interesting' joins on the main fuselage. This looks fun ! I see several places where careful manipulation is going to be required
  15. Thomas is 32 years old and he is still single. One day a friend asked, “Why aren’t you married? Can’t you find a woman who will be a good wife?” Thomas replied, “Actually, I’ve found many women I wanted to marry, but when I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn’t like them.” His friend thinks for a moment and says, “I’ve got the perfect solution, just find a girl who’s just like your mother.” A few months later they meet again and his friend says, “Did you find the perfect girl? Did your mother like her?” With a frown on his face, Thomas answers, “Yes, I found the perfect girl. She was just like my mother. You were right, my mother liked her very much.” The friend said, “Then what’s the problem?” Thomas replied, “My father doesn’t like her.” Simon.
  16. Today
  17. The scheme will either be the "Artic Harrier' from the 2004 Snow Falcon Exersize or from 1996 SAOEU based at Boscombe Down both are 60% LERX units so I do not have to make the decision just yet !
  18. Thanks, I guess so. I'm interested and know how they create the moulds, the principles at least. But have no idea how they fix things, I mean, add details was clear, but I didn't know they could fill it and rework. Would love to visit a workshop, but none would let me I guess, oh well.
  19. It really is, I would rather be glueing plastic together, but it helps get certain projects over the finish line. I added a comment to the description that I can send the STL file to anyone with a 3D printer to print the wheels.
  20. I'd like to join in with this please; Been after one for a while, and finally won one off Ebay last week. Also been looking for an excuse to build it, so this looks like the perfect opportunity!
  21. Time to give my hairy sticks a workout...
  22. I find with some masks it’s best to give up at the starting gate and apply them to Kabuki tape and just use them as a template. For the nose probe , saw it off and put a brass pin in to attach it at the end of construction. The vanes, for those of us without the steady hands of a surgeon, you can get third hand tweezers that you can position the part at your leisure, glue it and gently release the tweezers. For all your struggles, you got a magnificent result. Both efforts look great.
  23. Markings are taken directly from their 1/48 P-51D Royal Class box. I've posted the list earlier in this thread, here is the link.
  1. Load more activity