All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @Corsairfoxfouruncle and @Col., thank you for the warm welcome! First up is the Doodlebug. I set the parts free from their casting blocks. I'm thinking I'm going to assemble and paint the axles with their wheels, then marry that to the chassis so I can make sure it's level and all tires are on the ground. I build 1/144 aircraft with black windows, and will do the same here. I found a site with some good info, including a wonderful picture showing the beast fueling a DC-3 (about half-way down)! Most importantly, it shows the big Texaco hat on the rear. Thanks for looking!
  3. Wings on. Fortunately these were not a buttress joint otherwise that would have been a real nightmare. For scale have an Alphajet formation flight.
  4. Thanks. The canopy isnt tinted.If you want to tint it get tamiya smoke and spray several coats on top of it.
  5. Progress continues, wing roots etc all now filled, but the cowling was a particularly troublesome part. Consisting of two half-circumference parts, they were not big enough to join at the bottom (unless I missed something in the fitting?). Going to need some more putty methinks...
  6. Camo ..... more table time allowed this to happen ..... although the green has turned out slightly greyish .... I've added a bit of chipping on wheels and around hatches, fenders and grills for effect, but not really sure it's right .... 🤔 Comments welcome as always! Keith 😁
  7. Superb, I thought I only had until the end of April. Glazing fitted, gaps filled and masked ready for painting. However after fitting the first antenna mast (just behind the nose glazing) I might look at an alternative as it looks more like a telegraph pole...
  8. One thing I just figured out - hold on, where are the Musketeer identification stripes for the wings in Special Hobby decals set??? No decals, no mentioning to paint it. I understand consistency of identification marks application was not always on par. But there is enough French Streaks photoes with stripes on wing. Hmmmm.... I also know that there are only two poor photoes of the machines in Israeli markings - both are made from the side so hard to say if the stripes are there on the wing. Well... okay... let's think these were not really applied to the machines located in Israel. But that is quite unfortunate miss by Special Hobby. At least these should be available as optional decals or mentioned as option to paint.
  9. That sounds like a device specific problem. Have you tried flushing your cache on your ipad?
  10. Correct in that it can only be sprayed, but see my recent post in this forum, it's carrier medium seems to be a lot hotter than Alclad in my first use of the product. It crazed the Alclad primer I had used. Never ever had that happen with Alclad. Could be the primer was the newer Alclad gloss grey, so perhaps a different base formula to the usual matt grey primer.
  11. I presume this is the photo you're referring to? AIRCRAFT OF THE ROYAL AIR FORCE 1939-1945: HAWKER HURRICANE.. © IWM (CM 3653) IWM Non Commercial License I can't help with colour, but whilst it does follow the typical pattern of exhaust staining (if you zoom in you can see the staining over the stripe) it is too hard edged to be any form of weathering. If it had been an attempt to remove staining with petrol I would have expected there to be some form of vertical streaking on the lower edge of the stripe where liquids had run down the fuselage, and as you point out the squadron codes appear to be painted over it (or possibly this stripe has been carefully painted roundt the codes) @Troy Smith?
  12. Nigel from Nigel’s modelling bench YouTube channel, mentions something about this ‘non centred locating hole’ on the kit’s nose wheel. There’s no mention about the main wheels being off so thats a little annoying if true. I’m not sure how drastic this is to the kit’s construction, however his alarmed reaction and subsequent words are quite terse. Be interesting to see if they have any major impact on the final model once fully assembled. Cheers.. Dave
  13. Cheeky! 🤣 It is good to spend some time at the table though .... Thank you! 😊 Keith 😁
  14. Can I just say publicly here that if I was good enough to complete the "perfect" airfix kit, maybe I'd have bought one, but I know my limitations, and therefore whilst I'm learning, I'd rather waste a smaller amount of money, and learn more. If there's anyone here that as their 4th kit maybe would have been happy to buy the airfix one, and not lose it's "perfectness" in the making, then I'll be looking for advice from them in the future - but surely no-one other than a kit salesman would say I was taking the wrong road whilst I am where I am ?
  15. more build up progress DSC_0003 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr to make things easier, gonna use the stuka finned tanks from the Revell (Hasegawa) Sabre 6 kit DSC_0004 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr
  1. Load more activity